FM09 - Newcastle All English Challenge

Scottish Mag

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want a piece of this, so I just acquired a copy of the game, and the 2nd patch. I've installed everything, mount the image, but I get an error, "Cannot run game : Failed to set up graphic system".

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I really want a piece of this, so I just acquired a copy of the game, and the 2nd patch. I've installed everything, mount the image, but I get an error, "Cannot run game : Failed to set up graphic system".

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Yeah, buy it.

most of the way through jan now and still no takeover and no transfers in allowed

edit:thats it no transfers for me in the second window thats gunna make this a lot harder, a lot of my targets moved to new clubs as well :( I feel like JFK must at the moment

Edited by Andrew

Bollocks to it. I'll have a nibble at this as well. Will set up a new game later.

Edit:

Right I'm at September the 2nd now. Crying out for a decent CM with a bit of attacking ability.

transferscu9.jpg

fixtqu2.jpg

lineupun5.jpg

Owen will come in for Xisco when fit and wit have to stick Barton in for Guthrie after his suspension/fitness returns.

Got 5 million to be spent so will have to see who comes up for sale. Not much happening on the sale/takeover. Hope I don't get llambias again. Will be the third time, never had an outsider come in, which is bollocks..

Edited by The Mighty Hog

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Yeah, buy it.

won't fix that error mind but sure

I didn't realise it(I) was so cheap. Ordered it now.

Can anyone give me a bit of help with the editor?

I want to create a player(me) and improve Bassong.

I just wanted to know about the "potential ability" setting.

Ta.

What exactly to do you want to know and I'll tell you.

Well, I suppose I just need any tips for setting up a player. I wanna make myself a holding midfielder, like Pirlo. And improve Bassong.

For potential ability, do I make it low or high? Appreciate it, Greg.

PA wise 1-200, 200 being a player that has the potential to be the best player in the world ever.

In terms of minus ratings then -10 is the best, then -9 etc etc.

Just increasing a players CA will not really make them any better, the match engine uses each attribute rather than the CA.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Oh shit. I've done everything and now I'm getting this message. Does this mean the game just wont work on my computer?

Also, sorry for ruining the thread.

Finished 11th in my first season, during the second summer transfer window I've managed to sell all the foreign players expect Duff who is in the reserve squad, managed to bring in some decent English talent with the funds.

2m2gb28.jpg

33xk5qg.jpg

15dutsn.jpg

Had a spare day last week so gave this a go on my updated and "pimped" cm 01/02 (pretty much everything has been updated, apart from the transfer window). Because I only really had a day, went for an extreme version where wasn't allowed to play anyone except for englishmen from the very start, and had to transfer list and accept first offers from the very start

Was a case of too much, too soon, and could only really get in substandard players. Only picked up about 10 points from the 1st 15 or so games. Conceded a lot of goals from set pieces, and would only create a couple of chances most games. Think my team at the end was something like:

Harper

Hibbert Edgar/ Paul Robinson (millwall) Taylor S Paul Robinson (west brom)

Routledge Barton (suspended most of the time in charge)/Mark Davies Guthrie Etherington

Bent D Owen

Did consider a team of Paul Robinsons, but was sacked before I could turn my dream into reality

Still managed to beat Spurs 3-0 - at least some things never change!!

p.s. if anyone wants to know how to play a pimped up cm 01/02 (before the split, and before the 2D match engine), I'll point you in the right direction. Much better for some rapid pick up and play than the more recent ones, but obviously less immersive

• 10 months later...