First Transfer of the window!

khay

Roughly:

He has signed to play for two months in Newcastle, England. There he will have the chance to play alongside athletes like Michael Owen (England), Obafemi Martins (Nigeria) and Cacapa (Brazil). Previously he had only been able to see players the likes of this on television.

"I never thought about playing with these faces that I saw on the TV. During shooting training, for example, if I look one way I see Owen, look the other and I see the Martins. He is very cool [bacana]".

Though I could be wrong on the time frame, as the article also talks about 3 years.

Done

SSN

Newcastle have held off strong competition from a number of rival Premier League clubs to seal a deal for Brazilian starlet Caio Ferreira, skysports.com understands.

The 18-year-old travelled to England earlier this month to train with a number of clubs.

He impressed at West Bromwich Albion and was offered terms by The Baggies, just days into his trial with them.

But he had already been spotted by Newcastle and their staff made sure they sealed a quick deal for the young forward - who plays for Clube Atletico do Porto.

Now the youngster, who has Italian ancestry, is waiting on his passport from the embassy which would then allow him to play in England.

The player's English representative Lee Payne confirmed the deal was in place.

Done deal

"The deal is done, and we are now just waiting on the documents in Brazil," he told skysports.com.

"He is such a wonderful talent, I had no doubts after seeing him in Brazil that he would soon be on his way to England.

"It took just a matter of days for a number of clubs to express an interest in him.

"But Newcastle finalised a deal and he is very excited to be joining such a big club."

The player himself has spoken to the media in his homeland about his prospective move to Tyneside.

"I never thought about working with guys that I saw on TV," Ferreira told Gazeta Online.

"During training for example, I look one side and see Owen, I look at the other and I see Martins, it's very cool.

"He [Kinnear] asked me to come back soon because they have a lot of players injured. It seems that the team needs me."

Payne is hopeful that Ferreira will soon be arriving.

"It is now a waiting game, we are all anxious to see him over here but we just have to wait," he added.

At 18 he should be able to handle playing for the first team.

Done

SSN

Newcastle have held off strong competition from a number of rival Premier League clubs to seal a deal for Brazilian starlet Caio Ferreira, skysports.com understands.

The 18-year-old travelled to England earlier this month to train with a number of clubs.

He impressed at West Bromwich Albion and was offered terms by The Baggies, just days into his trial with them.

But he had already been spotted by Newcastle and their staff made sure they sealed a quick deal for the young forward - who plays for Clube Atletico do Porto.

Now the youngster, who has Italian ancestry, is waiting on his passport from the embassy which would then allow him to play in England.

The player's English representative Lee Payne confirmed the deal was in place.

Done deal

"The deal is done, and we are now just waiting on the documents in Brazil," he told skysports.com.

"He is such a wonderful talent, I had no doubts after seeing him in Brazil that he would soon be on his way to England.

"It took just a matter of days for a number of clubs to express an interest in him.

"But Newcastle finalised a deal and he is very excited to be joining such a big club."

The player himself has spoken to the media in his homeland about his prospective move to Tyneside.

"I never thought about working with guys that I saw on TV," Ferreira told Gazeta Online.

"During training for example, I look one side and see Owen, I look at the other and I see Martins, it's very cool.

"He [Kinnear] asked me to come back soon because they have a lot of players injured. It seems that the team needs me."

Payne is hopeful that Ferreira will soon be arriving.

"It is now a waiting game, we are all anxious to see him over here but we just have to wait," he added.

At 18 he should be able to handle playing for the first team.

Certainly better than he would at 13!