Quick Poll about Tonight's Match...

Matty

Are you going?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's a no for me.

We'll be lucky to get 30,000, but I guess the people who get the free cup tickets will bump the attendance up, and of course £5 for kids.

Edited by Matty

No. I don't get paid until Monday and it's my Gran's birthday so I'm already going out for a meal after work, and the match on top of that (including the required pre/post drinks) is too much.

No. I don't get paid until Monday and it's my Gran's birthday so I'm already going out for a meal after work, and the match on top of that (including the required pre/post drinks) is too much.

The drinking before and after a match is not compulsory. Pisshead.

:D

Going, even though the F.A cup - sadly - is something we can do without.

Unreal :D

I'd take winning the cup AND relegation without hesitation.

We haven't won ANYTHING for 40 years man (well except the Texaco Cup and the Intertoto)

The drinking before and after a match is not compulsory. Pisshead.

:D

Just to keep the cold out. <_<

What about an F.A Cup challenge and relegation?

Not every club has Portsmouth's luck...

Can't win it without a challenge, I really don't believe (even in my wildest dreams) we could win it mind (I reckon we'll go out tonight), but you never know.

Wouldn't write it off on the basis that there's a direct correlation between being better placed in the league if we drop the cup. I actually think the opposite could be true, having something to play for rather than a week in, week out, toil against the drop may just raise the players from crap to mediocrity.

We haven't won ANYTHING for 40 years man (well except the Texaco Cup and the Intertoto)

It's funny actually, I never thought I'd subscribe to this view, but now that the Premier League has become such a closed shop and we're obviously not going to get back among the big boys for several years (if ever), I'm starting to come around to the idea...

What about 98/99 when we placed a lot of attention on the cup?

What about it ??

No one year is like another (except for us as we've been rubbish for donkeys and never win owt)

It's funny actually, I never thought I'd subscribe to this view, but now that the Premier League has become such a closed shop and we're obviously not going to get back among the big boys for several years (if ever), I'm starting to come around to the idea...

I was 10 when we won the Fairs Cup and "just" remember it and the associated rejoicing, Chronicle special editions etc. I'd take a major trophy win, even if it meant 10 years outside the top flight, tomorrow.

At the end of the day, you go and watch your team, they win some games and they lose some games (hopefully they win more than they lose). The feeling after a win irrespective of opposition, to me, ain't a lot different (exc the Man U 5-0 and when we beat them down the road).

I'm not into "seeing the best players on the planet playing for the other team" I can do that on TV (which wasn't the case in my youth - we did have TV's back then mind :D but live footy wasn't on much), I want to see my team win games, screw anything else. A win's a win's a win, the big picture of winning the league/top 4 is a million miles away, to tell you the truth the "thrill" of finishing fourth (out of the medals in Olympic terms) was never particularly great to me, except it possibly provided funding and created a very slim chance of winning something else.

I've seen some players of real class in black and white the likes of which I never dreamed I would, and it was very nice, BUT we still won sod-all.

Edited by Toonpack