Cars

LeazesMag

going to look for a new car for myself ..... first time for a few years I've had to do this. Does anyone know of any online guides, like the old WhatCar magazine, which gives you engine size, model types, make etc etc ?

Also - has anyone had a honda car, or a Peugot, and got good or bad reports ?

I have mostly drove Fords and Nissans over the years and I have liked my Nissan but its time to move on.

http://www.whatcar.com/default.asp

I've got a Honda and I've found their customer care to be absolute shit, so much so that I would never have another one and wouldn't advise anyone to buy one. I'm dead chuffed deVries (the Honda dealer down here) has gone bust because they fucking deserve it.

You'll not go far wrong with a Focus or a Leon if you're looking for something that sort of size.

Unless you're completely desperate and have no choice, I'd wait for as long as you can. Car prices (new and used) aren't going to be rising any time soon, and there's still likely to be some pretty big falls.

We've had a change in company car policy - all going green and nothing with a CO2 over 130 will be allowed to be ordered.

Toyota Prius' all round then.... :devil:

We've had a change in company car policy - all going green and nothing with a CO2 over 130 will be allowed to be ordered.

You can get a Golf or an A3 with a 1.9TDi engine that comes under that limit.

I've got the 1.9TDI Audi A3 at them moment - comes in at 134g :o

They do have a Golf but it's the 'Bluemotion'... If anyone's driven one (I have) you'll know why that's not a good idea.

I've got the 1.9TDI Audi A3 at them moment - comes in at 134g :o

They do have a Golf but it's the 'Bluemotion'... If anyone's driven one (I have) you'll know why that's not a good idea.

Looks like they've put the Bluemotion set up in the A3 to get it into a lower tax band?

http://campaigns.direct.gov.uk/actonco2/ho...cient-cars.html

EDIT: I think VW also do a 1.4 TSI petrol engine for the Golf (and the Seat Leon) which comes into the lower brackets but there is a waiting list for them. Might not be sub 130 anyway.

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Toyota Prius' all round then.... :o

I've got the 1.9TDI Audi A3 at them moment - comes in at 134g :yahoo:

Looks like they've put the Bluemotion set up in the A3 to get it into a lower tax band?

http://campaigns.direct.gov.uk/actonco2/ho...cient-cars.html

EDIT: I think VW also do a 1.4 TSI petrol engine for the Golf (and the Seat Leon) which comes into the lower brackets but there is a waiting list for them. Might not be sub 130 anyway.

The 1.4 TSI was what I was after before they brought in this legislation. Sadly its CO2 is massive - 169 g/km for the 140PS model and 174 g/km for the 170PS model!

The second BMW is nice KD, but I ain't a director... :devil:

Thought it'd be the 118d.

Will still do for me though. The 3 series will be well outside my permissable rental band though (allowed up to around £21k from a list of vehicles they decide).

Thats the 130i by the looks of it, I have the 118d msport, exactly the same look apart from the wheels and probably the best car I have had, emmisions come under 130 I believe. (you can spec those wheels for an extra 500 or so quid)

I can highly reccomend the 1 series, unless you travel a lot with a full set of passengers then maybe not as the rear space is limited, other than that I cant fault the one I have.

Thats the 130i by the looks of it, I have the 118d msport, exactly the same look apart from the wheels and probably the best car I have had, emmisions come under 130 I believe. (you can spec those wheels for an extra 500 or so quid)

I can highly reccomend the 1 series, unless you travel a lot with a full set of passengers then maybe not as the rear space is limited, other than that I cant fault the one I have.

To appease us, they're allowing us a couple of extras free... :devil:

Definately worth doing then, mines pretty basic on the extras really, but the msport pack is good enough in itself and the fun you get from driving them is enough to keep you smiling. only other flaw would be that it sometimes feels slightly underpowered to me but I was more used to powerful petrol engines. You can get them chipped and it does increase the power output but its not really needed as the cars nippy enough tbh.

Marco Van basten swears by them