Magpies make two "serious" bids

adam_cann

Joe Kinnear has revealed Newcastle United have made bids of £4million for two transfer targets.

The Magpies boss is looking to move in the January market and has lined up a double arrival at St James' Park.

Rennes midfielder Stephane M'Bia is rumoured to be one of the players that Kinnear is hoping to add to his squad.

Speaking after the 1-0 FA Cup third-round replay defeat by Hull City, Kinnear confirmed he has lodged bids for two players.

Waiting

"We've made two serious £4million bids for two players and we'll probably end up spending £10million," said Kinnear.

"We're waiting to hear on them."

Kinnear met with Mike Ashley to discuss his transfer targets on Tuesday and acknowledged he has the backing of the Newcastle owner.

He added: "I identified the two players and he agreed to get them providing we have bids accepted, it could be nearer £10million."

Though Kinnear did not directly identify M'Bia as one of his targets, he revealed he is chasing an imposing midfielder from Cameroon.

"He's from Cameroon, is a 6ft 2in midfielder and we're waiting to hear back from his club."

Meanwhile, Geremi is expected to seal a move away from Newcastle to Besiktas within the next 24 hours.

M'Bia would be great but 4m isnt going to get him

Kinnear has no idea how to play the fucking game like :devil:

Not naming names but giving every other personal detail out about a player, that's from Glenn Roeder's school of "Glenn Roeder doesn't like to talk about any other teams players but if you see Glenn Roeder at their matches you know who i'm watching"

6 atleast. i honestly doubt if theres any trust in it. Why would he reveal all to the world if there was? newcastles transfer police is strictly private since they mafia took over. more of the ferguson rubbish me thinks

6 atleast. i honestly doubt if theres any trust in it. Why would he reveal all to the world if there was? newcastles transfer police is strictly private since they mafia took over. more of the ferguson rubbish me thinks

They turned down 6m from Everton in the summer.

Looks made up. :devil:

Good bit of transfer business, bid £4mil and then announce to the world youre willing to spend £5mil :devil:

Tell me about it. Price of M'Bia has just risen a couple of million pounds as Rennes realise the fine calibre of idiots they are dealing with.

I wonder how many "jokey" bids we've made so far then?

Kinnear: "We'll give ya 12 million quid for M'Bia"

Rennes: "We reluctantly <bullshit> agree"

Kinnear: "Ah ha! Gotcha! Just kiddin' bout the 12 million"

Rennes: "Don't ever talk to me again"

Kinnear: "So how about 4 million for him then? Seriously."

I have mate who supports Luton. He was telling me that Kinnear used to do exactly the same sort of things when he is was in charge of them.

eg: Say x players would be signing but never hear a whisper days later.

Edited by Holden McGroin

I wonder how many "jokey" bids we've made so far then?

Kinnear: "We'll give ya 12 million quid for M'Bia"

Rennes: "We reluctantly <bullshit> agree"

Kinnear: "Ah ha! Gotcha! Just kiddin' bout the 12 million"

Rennes: "Don't ever talk to me again"

Kinnear: "So how about 4 million for him then? Seriously."

:devil::o (That's a serious laugh btw)

I notice in some of dispatches quotes on .COM, Kinnear comments that he thinks he'll be able to raise £2m (presumably from the sale of Geremi) in this transfer window to add to the £8m Ashley has found down the back of the sofa...

So what's happen to the other £14m worth of sales? :devil:

FFS - the official club site is reporting news of these 'potential bids' Surely they should be keeping their trap shut until any business is done?

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...1520560,00.html

Is there any club more amateurly run than us?

If it said we big 7-8 mill for MBia then it would be more believeable. Unless Rennes are seriously short of cash I don't think 4m is enough.

isn't M'bia the big defensive cm? (he's good don't get me wrong)

ya know as opposed to the one who can pass and create things that we don't have.

Ideally if we get him, Butt will never play again. :devil: