Ashley to address fans at end of transfer window

Scottish Mag

Kinnear also claimed that Toon tycoon Mike Ashley will address fans via the media when the January transfer window closes at the start of next month and that he will be backed by the United owner.

He added: “I spoke to Mike last night and the chairman has been to the training ground.

“Mike is going to speak to the Press when the window shuts.

“He is prepared to back me with the players I have seen.

“I am optimistic that one player is going out and two coming.”

However, Kinnear is unsure whether he will have any new faces or players back from injury for the trip to Ewood Park.

He says: “We’d love to have them in for the Blackburn game.

“We wouldn’t want to leave it any later.

“We’d like to bring back in injured players and fresh faces.

“I cancelled training as it was a case of having saunas and massages and getting ready for the match."

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why doesn't he address the fans from the centre circle at SJP? Coward.

Yeah, lets make Newcastle United more of a joke and spectacle than it already is. :o

Because I was being serious of course. :devil:

Why wait until the end of the transfer window?

I'm fucking sick to death of this club waiting until the end of windows before conducting their affairs. It's too fucking late man! :devil:

Following a transfer window of minimal activity and minimal net outlay on a small number of underwhelming players, Ashley will tell us how he has kept his promise of taking the club forward.

I'm fucking sick to death of this club waiting until the end of windows before conducting their affairs. It's too fucking late man! :devil:

Because he wont do it, this to me is a definite sign that we are not going to spend any money in this window. These are (imho) stalling tactics, saying this will get certain people thinking "well hes not going to do that unless he spends cash, this is going to be good" when really its only meant to give us the feel-good factor with the belief that he can spin some more bollocks come Feb 2nd about how unlucky they were and how no matter how much they offered for player x or y they were gazumped and how it wasnt their fault Owen, Martins, Barton and Given left with literally hours of the window remaining and no time to spend the cash.

Because he wont do it, this to me is a definite sign that we are not going to spend any money in this window. These are (imho) stalling tactics, saying this will get certain people thinking "well hes not going to do that unless he spends cash, this is going to be good" when really its only meant to give us the feel-good factor with the belief that he can spin some more bollocks come Feb 2nd about how unlucky they were and how no matter how much they offered for player x or y they were gazumped and how it wasnt their fault Owen, Martins, Barton and Given left with literally hours of the window remaining and no time to spend the cash.

If this is the case it's gonna be bad this time....Real bad not just bad light...or 1cal bad.

Slightly off topic, but i'm still absolutely amazed at how badly wrong Ashley has got things. All he had to do was come in, spend a decent amount each summer and show a little bit of forward thinking and the fans would've taken to him like a duck to water. Christ, he already had a head start by not being Freddy Shepherd.

He's an idiot. I boggles the mind that this bloke is/was a billionaire.

Slightly off topic, but i'm still absolutely amazed at how badly wrong Ashley has got things. All he had to do was come in, spend a decent amount each summer and show a little bit of forward thinking and the fans would've taken to him like a duck to water. Christ, he already had a head start by not being Freddy Shepherd.

But he was planning to spend £20m a season in transfers, though somewhere along the line he forgot about that.

But he was planning to spend £20m a season in transfers, though somewhere along the line he forgot about that.

Wasn't it just £20 million a season into the club full stop? No mention of transfers?

Edited by Ketsbaia

"I was always prepared to bank roll Newcastle up to the tune of £20 million per year but no more."

Aye, well that's assuming we were making a loss.

What about the money he takes out of the club in the way of transfers? :devil: I doubt we'll see the money for Mandela again when he fucks off

Why doesn't he address the fans from the centre circle at SJP? Coward.

Yeah, lets make Newcastle United more of a joke and spectacle than it already is. :o

Because I was being serious of course. :devil:

Backtrack FTW.

I think the vast majority of people aren't fucked off about Keegan anymore, they're just fucked off at the way the club is being ran in general.

That was always my argument from day one. I wasn't particularly arsed that KK went as I never believed he'd reach the heights of his first managerial stint, it was more the mess that was left behind.

Too many people people have gone on record saying they won't play or work for NUFC under the current regime. Those people will still have that opinion IMO - if we weren't isolated as it is by a lot of people's reluctance to move so far north to play or work, the management setup has pushed us even further away from the mainland.

"Address"? Bloody "address"?

What are we, his loyal subjects?

fat mug.

"I am the first to accept there have been times this season when you would have liked to have heard more from me direct, particularly at certain points. There have been reasons why I have not have been able to do that, but in the new year we will look to communicate with you more about what we are doing at St.James' Park, be it through the club's official website, programme and magazine as well as the wider media.

Despite claiming to be the first to accept this, I don't think you quite understand Mike. The times we want to hear from you are the crucial times...like when you've put the whole squad up for sale, when you've forced out the manager, when you've failed to renew the contracts of our best players, when the transfer window is open, but dwindling fast without ANY activity whatsoever.

Waiting till the window closes will see you miss one of those "certain points" you divvy.

I'm just glad he's got the club's best interests at heart, otherwise this news would be cause for concern.

He cares too much for the club to let anything bad happen

It's him I worry about if truth be told. He's working so hard to get us out of this crisis I'm concerned that he's stopped looking after himself!