Ashley to address fans at end of transfer window

Scottish Mag

I'm just glad he's got the club's best interests at heart, otherwise this news would be cause for concern.

He cares too much for the club to let anything bad happen

It's him I worry about if truth be told. He's working so hard to get us out of this crisis I'm concerned that he's stopped looking after himself!

shadow of his former self tbh

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looks like he needs feeding up a bit. When did he last take a holiday?!

He takes too much on himself-it can't be good for him.

A bit of sun thats what he needs, poor bairn, that and a nice bit home cooking. Locking himself away in a cold St James' office for days on end juggling figures cant be good for anyone.

Guest Eleven Donkeys

Could the penny have dropped? Could his Royal Highness finally have worked out his business could easily be worth about £20m next season and is a desperately trying to back track? I can’t see it and it’s too late anyway. No player of any calibre is going to join NUFC during the transfer window.

JFK and Ashley are obsessed with setting deadlines. There’s always some big news coming in a months time, or some player about to sign a contract by the end of the week. It never amounts to anything of course and this time will be no different. My money is on him actually using the word sorry in a futile attempt to draw a line under what I suspect will come to be known as the Joe’s Winter Bullshit Window.

I too would like to see HRH Mike of Ashley address his subjects from the pitch.

I hate to bang on but where the fuck are NUSC and their media contacts?

What should they be saying right now? Best to hang fire until the end of the transfer window imo and judge how things are then.

I'm as disillusioned as everyone else, but I'm prepared to let him say his piece before I condemn anything he might say.

Talk is cheap. He needs to put his hand in his pocket and improve the squad. Unless he does that nothing he can say post-transfer window will appease me.

I'm as disillusioned as everyone else, but I'm prepared to let him say his piece before I condemn anything he might say.

Talk is cheap. He needs to put his hand in his pocket and improve the squad. Unless he does that nothing he can say post-transfer window will appease me.

This really grinds my gears, K. There are still two weeks left of the window; let's wait and see what happens before we condemn the transfer policy :devil:

This really grinds my gears, K. There are still two weeks left of the window; let's wait and see what happens before we condemn the transfer policy :devil:

I think we can pretty much guess what's going to happen, especially as it looks like JFK has had to go cap in hand to Llambias and MA to get the paltry sum of £10 million released.

I think we can pretty much guess what's going to happen, especially as it looks like JFK has had to go cap in hand to Llambias and MA to get the paltry sum of £10 million released.

Agreed. But that is just a guess, at present.

btw, I have to say that the name Llambias makes my blood boil tbh.

Following a transfer window of minimal activity and minimal net outlay on a small number of underwhelming players, Ashley will tell us how he has kept his promise of taking the club forward.

It'll be interesting to see what he come up with anyway. I can't see how it can be spun positively, but I'm sure they'll try to find a way.

It'll be of along the line of: due to the current financial climate we feel that prudence in this transfer window was the best course of action for the long-term good of NUFC. Joe feels that the current squad of players are perfectly capable of finishing the season strongly and seeing us end up in a healthy league position. Don't you Joe? *kicks Kinnear under table*

Looks like Ashley left a copy of his statement lying around in a hotel...

Mike Ashley's NUFC Statement - January

Firstly, let me start by saying that I hope each and every one of you enjoyed a wonderful Christmas period, and a very happy New Years. I trust that you all went home smiling from the high scoring affair against Liverpool! What a cracking game. I cheered on every header, and kick and particularly enjoyed our new red strip.

Joe Kinnear has really began to take the club forward, and given his excellent run of results he has my complete backing both emotionally and financially. Despite the latter this January transfer window was not as successful as we had first anticipated. In looking to strengthen our squad, the Club had been exploring a number of possibilities in the transfer window. We were particularly interested in players with a proven calibre and Championship pedigree, such is the forethinking of our Scouting Network. In addition we identified a number of already proven talents in the hope of satiating the calls from you for new players. Despite our offers of more than 50% of the players value, we were inexplicably unable to land any of these targets. This was regardless of how many times Joe leaked their physical description, or country of origin to the press. Nonetheless I trust this will have ended the uncertainty surrounding the future direction of Newcastle United.

Even though the New Year is traditionally a time to look forwards and upwards, I encourage each and every one of you to do the exact opposite. Take the opportunity to purchase (from the Club Shop) a fantastic DVD, such as Newcastle United Flying High, or Newcastle United Big Hits, and relive the glorious days of the past while you snuggle up under a club blanket (from the Club Shop) and sip on a warm cocoa from a Newcastle United mug (also from the Club Shop).

When I bought Newcastle United I was always committed to developing and investing in our youth structure and that has certainly continued. Our Academy side sit top of the table after a long winning streak and retain an interest in the FA Youth Cup (unlike our first team who sit nowhere near the top of the table and were knocked out of the FA Cup). To this end we will continue to buy promising young players who will endeavour to keep this side where it belongs - at the top of the table!

Thankfully, as a result of rich Arabs throwing their money at proper football players I have managed to largely stay out of the press. I am no different to you all when it comes to enjoying taking my private jet to New York, where I can throw wild parties and finance impressive bar bills.

Back to football. We've seen how you can drop down the ladder if you fail to win matches, and when I look at the table I notice we're only 3 points off the bottom three, and 5 points from the bottom! As you can see there is still a lot to play for. This Barclay's Premier League season, not unlike myself has been one of the tightest ever.

Hope you all have a cracking evening!

Firstly, let me start by saying that I hope each and every one of you enjoyed a wonderful Christmas period, and a very happy New Years. I trust that you all went home smiling from the high scoring affair against Liverpool! What a cracking game. I cheered on every header, and kick and particularly enjoyed our new red strip.

Joe Kinnear has really began to take the club forward, and given his excellent run of results he has my complete backing both emotionally and financially. Despite the latter this January transfer window was not as successful as we had first anticipated. In looking to strengthen our squad, the Club had been exploring a number of possibilities in the transfer window. We were particularly interested in players with a proven calibre and Championship pedigree, such is the forethinking of our Scouting Network. In addition we identified a number of already proven talents in the hope of satiating the calls from you for new players. Despite our offers of more than 50% of the players value, we were inexplicably unable to land any of these targets. This was regardless of how many times Joe leaked their physical description, or country of origin to the press. Nonetheless I trust this will have ended the uncertainty surrounding the future direction of Newcastle United.

Even though the New Year is traditionally a time to look forwards and upwards, I encourage each and every one of you to do the exact opposite. Take the opportunity to purchase (from the Club Shop) a fantastic DVD, such as Newcastle United Flying High, or Newcastle United Big Hits, and relive the glorious days of the past while you snuggle up under a club blanket (from the Club Shop) and sip on a warm cocoa from a Newcastle United mug (also from the Club Shop).

When I bought Newcastle United I was always committed to developing and investing in our youth structure and that has certainly continued. Our Academy side sit top of the table after a long winning streak and retain an interest in the FA Youth Cup (unlike our first team who sit nowhere near the top of the table and were knocked out of the FA Cup). To this end we will continue to buy promising young players who will endeavour to keep this side where it belongs - at the top of the table!

Thankfully, as a result of rich Arabs throwing their money at proper football players I have managed to largely stay out of the press. I am no different to you all when it comes to enjoying taking my private jet to New York, where I can throw wild parties and finance impressive bar bills.

Back to football. We've seen how you can drop down the ladder if you fail to win matches, and when I look at the table I notice we're only 3 points off the bottom three, and 5 points from the bottom! As you can see there is still a lot to play for. This Barclay's Premier League season, not unlike myself has been one of the tightest ever.

Hope you all have a cracking evening!

:devil: You should be the Fat One's Press Orifice

splosh splosh splosh splish splash.

..Hmmm, what is all this brown stinky matter in my martini, dear?..

..Don't worry sweetpea, there's now 40 percent off Newcastle United earplugs..

..Pardon?..

I cheered on every header, and kick and particularly enjoyed our new red strip.

We were particularly interested in players with a proven calibre and Championship pedigree, such is the forethinking of our Scouting Network.

Despite our offers of more than 50% of the players value, we were inexplicably unable to land any of these targets. This was regardless of how many times Joe leaked their physical description, or country of origin to the press. Nonetheless I trust this will have ended the uncertainty surrounding the future direction of Newcastle United.

:devil:

I don't see why we can't have a PR officer to spread lies to the press. Bloody amateurs :devil:

We did have a couple of years ago (probably pre-Ashley) - a lad I know who used to work for the Shields Gazette - I don't know if he's still there

I don't see why we can't have a PR officer to spread lies to the press. Bloody amateurs :devil:

We did have a couple of years ago (probably pre-Ashley) - a lad I know who used to work for the Shields Gazette - I don't know if he's still there

Graeme Courtney was press officer at the end of Keegan's era. He's now a commentator/regional reporter on Talksport and his views on NUFC's current state are quite damning.