We knew it was coming - Kinnear offered new contract

Snake

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody will want to sign for us, nobody will want to come and watch us.

No ambition, constant threat of relegation and very small crowds who probably wont care.

For fucks sake.

If this is true, it shows we've no ambition to be a top half club anymore. If we don't invest in decent players, we're on our way to the Championship I'm afraid. It's looking like Ashley is up to his old asset stripping tricks again, stripping out the cash while he can. I'd be suprised if we get gates of 30,000 next season at this rate, unless hordes of people signed up for 3 years

If this is true, it shows we've no ambition to be a top half club anymore. If we don't invest in decent players, we're on our way to the Championship I'm afraid. It's looking like Ashley is up to his old asset stripping tricks again, stripping out the cash while he can. I'd be suprised if we get gates of 30,000 next season at this rate, unless hordes of people signed up for 3 years

Direct debits can always be cancelled

Well what can we do? It hardly seems right to have a go at Kinnear but this appointment just smacks of mediocrity.

Roeder all over again. Even down to chasing players who aren't available.

The M'Bia thing is Dirk Kuyt all over again.

In seriousness though, as Ritchie said, 98.3% of what this bloke says is bollocks.

The bad stuff is true though.

Oh fuck :devil:

fixed my post then

In seriousness though, as Ritchie said, 0.1% of what this bloke says is bollocks.

Can the NUSC not do something, anything to show how desperate we all feel? We need a statement to the press detailing the embarassment of Kinnears comments about signings, the disappearing season ticket and Milner money, the fact hes been offered a long term contract etc. etc

At the minute we are just sitting back and taking it up the arse as MA systematically disassembles and destroys our club one day at a time. You just know we got more to come too, Given or Owen is bound to leave on January 31st

In seriousness though, as Ritchie said, 98.3% of what this bloke says is bollocks.

The bad stuff is true though.

Oh fuck :devil:

fixed my post then

In seriousness though, as Ritchie said, 0.1% of what this bloke says is bollocks.

Can the NUSC not do something, anything to show how desperate we all feel? We need a statement to the press detailing the embarassment of Kinnears comments about signings, the disappearing season ticket and Milner money, the fact hes been offered a long term contract etc. etc

At the minute we are just sitting back and taking it up the arse as MA systematically disassembles and destroys our club one day at a time. You just know we got more to come too, Given or Owen is bound to leave on January 31st

The NUSC put a poll out to its members a week ago asking what they would rather do out of "Return to protesting", "Continue requests for discussion" or "Wait and see what happens in the transfer window". The vast majority were split fairly equally between "Continue requests" and "Wait and see". That was obviously the feeling a week ago, maybe now it would be totally different and members can change their answer at any time so it could change and I would imagine it will based on the shit thats going on now.

So yet again, we have attempted to open dialogue between the club and fans this time trying a different route as Ashley / Laaaaalaaaa have ignored it totally. At the same time we will continue what we've started in getting questions asked, putting forward questions to members of the press for them to try and question the club. We are building up some useful, influential press contacts who will help us out when needed. Not as some will claim to get our names into the papers but to give them topics to write about, issues to ask etc. We provide the bullets and let them fire them. (Ive just realised this is the sort of things you're talking about above).

My own personal belief is as follows:

Shouting about this will not work and could backfire on the NUSC, if we put out some statement shouting the odds then Ashley could turn round and say that was the reason he didnt put money in "I was just about to spend £500million when I saw you didnt like me" sort of rubbish. Unfortunately, I dont believe that anything can be done to stop this transfer window panning out as its destined to. The protesting, I think will restart in earnest come the end of the window, people will then see finally that there is no great plan to turn this club around and we're going to the dogs. Admittedly, protesting then will not gain us anything towards Premiership survival, it will merely hit Ashley in his pocket and hopefully make him drop the price to get out in the Summer (if relegation doesnt do that anyway).

You've got to admire them really. Just when you think they can't fuck up anymore, they give us the January window, where they've shown just how inept they can be.

I dont think they are inept, I think there is a business plan which they are sticking to that will make them money. Ineptness is something that can be turned round, being inept is making the wrong decision believing it to be the right one. These arent doing that, they are making decisions based on a different set of rules and aims to the rest of us. We want success, they want quick profit and they are going quite efficiently about that business.

Well what can we do? It hardly seems right to have a go at Kinnear but this appointment just smacks of mediocrity.

Tad optimistic there don't you think?

You've got to admire them really. Just when you think they can't fuck up anymore, they give us the January window, where they've shown just how inept they can be.

I dont think they are inept, I think there is a business plan which they are sticking to that will make them money. Ineptness is something that can be turned round, being inept is making the wrong decision believing it to be the right one. These arent doing that, they are making decisions based on a different set of rules and aims to the rest of us. We want success, they want quick profit and they are going quite efficiently about that business.

Not just a quick profit. I think Ashley is being told by Wise that we are too good to go down. I think Ashley sees us as a long term cash cow, if he cant sell at a huge profit. WIN win as far as he is concerned. Avoid relegation - buy cheap players, sell on if a decent offer comes in

Knees up mother fuckin brown

I almost hope we go down

What bothers me the most is the asinine things Kinnear spouts off to the Press who latch on to every thing he sputters and build on it to bring the "sensationalism" to it.

This latest spout about sitting down in the summer to talk about investment in the Club, .... is he fucking mad? ..... some sort of investment needs to be made NOW, not in the fucking summer. If someone doesn't show some positive steps this January it might well be a Championship management that sits down to talk in the summer of discontent.

Is it only my imagination that says Kinnear is really a kiss-arse toady like the vicar of Bray. :devil:

This latest spout about sitting down in the summer to talk about investment in the Club, .... is he fucking mad? ..... some sort of investment needs to be made NOW, not in the fucking summer.

That's their way of trying to convince the fans that the lack of action now is because they're planning a big summer. :devil:

Not just a quick profit. I think Ashley is being told by Wise that we are too good to go down. I think Ashley sees us as a long term cash cow, if he cant sell at a huge profit. WIN win as far as he is concerned. Avoid relegation - buy cheap players, sell on if a decent offer comes in

Knees up mother fuckin brown

I almost hope we go down

We're a short term cash cow it seems too, to the tune of at least £3m so far.

This latest spout about sitting down in the summer to talk about investment in the Club, .... is he fucking mad? ..... some sort of investment needs to be made NOW, not in the fucking summer.

That's their way of trying to convince the fans that the lack of action now is because they're planning a big summer. :devil:

Exactly, they really do see us as thick Northern monkeys.

"shit Dennis, theyre not happy we havent signed anyone yet"

"its awwwrite mate, hint that we're working on something big for the summer, that'll shut em ahhhhp"

I honestly don't know why this has been announced. It can't be to assure potential signings (no joke intended) of continuity at the club, because Kinnear has said he doesn't know if he will accept it - thus meaning continuity is not assured.

I'm really baffled.

Kinnear says he now knows what his future is, and in the next breath he says he's mulling it over!!!

I recently gave the bloke (Kinnear) top marks for what he has done so far, and I'll be over the moon if he keeps us up, but he is NOT the man to take this club forward - provided we do stay up.

I'm going for the bullshit option of it being just a promise of a big pay-off if he keeps us up and there is no actual contract on offer. If he keeps us up he will get his big cheque, then fuck off back south saying he didn't want to accept the long term contract offer because of his family blah blah blah.

Edited by snakehips

where did that WOW signing go before the start of the season anyways :panic:

fucking dire, i've seen us lose an fa cup final on my 18th birthday, dickheads like Souness come through the club and various other let downs, but I honestly have never been as fed up and disheartened following newcastle than I am currently, it's just a fucking shambles with not a single iota of anything to look forward to, at least when Souness was here you knew when he was shown the door things could only get better, but at the minute i don't even see how that's going to happen.

i'm not even looking forward to getting a stream of this match today :aye:

the thought of another poor display/loss, added to by seeing fat sams grinning gob while chewing half a ton of doublemint is a depressing thought

hope rsq isn't playing but i still think were in for a defeat.

1999 22 May? I was at Wembley, my birthday. Met some toon nutter in a pub and it was his birthday too. :)

All planets aligned for abject fucking misery. :devil:

My dad's hammered mate piling into a group of Man U fans and falling on his arse :yahoo:

I remember the whole pub singing 'you can stick your fucking treble up your arse' :gettin::o

Fucking great day out like, and the night before in Trafalgar square was epic...hundreds of geordies gannin nuts, some nekkid bloke running around and japanese tourists wondering what the fuck was going on. :)

Wonder if I'll see the like again. :aye:

Edited by trophyshy

Fucking great day out like, and the night before in Trafalgar square was epic...hundreds of geordies gannin nuts, some nekkid bloke running around and japanese tourists wondering what the fuck was going on. :devil:

Happy times :yahoo:

Think we left there at about 3 in the morning and got a cab back to the Travellodge where 9 of us were sharing a room, 3 went in past reception and the other 6 climbed in through the window (we werent daft we requested a ground floor room!).

Seemed like a good idea at the time, not so good at 8am when you've had 5 hours of blokes full of beer n curry in one room. :o

The thing that got me about Trafalgar Sq and Soho before that was that there wasnt a Manc to be seen, just a sea of Geordies loving every minute of it. I remember as well, my mate was all painted up and had a cameraman from the London Evening Standard stop and ask for a pic. When we got a copy of the paper it was in they'd had a double page spread of pics and not one of them contained a Man U fan.