We knew it was coming - Kinnear offered new contract

Snake

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that he hasn't immediately accepted it (the contract offer) speaks volumes I think.

Interesting that bit about the request for interviews with Llambias or Wise being deferred until after the window shuts. Is this just more stalling tactics or do they really plan to make a statement after the window closes?

The fact that he hasn't immediately accepted it (the contract offer) speaks volumes I think.

Interesting that bit about the request for interviews with Llambias or Wise being deferred until after the window shuts. Is this just more stalling tactics or do they really plan to make a statement after the window closes?

Very true. You've got a bloke who was in the managerial wilderness for 4 years after an unsuccessful tenure at Notts Forest and he's been offered a 'lucrative' 2 and a half year deal and he says he needs to think about it. He must be worried about being sold down the river just like KK was. Either that or there's a clause in his contract that says he leaves with no compensation if we go down :rolleyes:

“I’ve got (an offer of) two- and-a-half years and I’m just mulling it over.

“I’ll make that decision later on. I’ve got it in writing, and am quite happy with everything else, but there’s one or two things I want to sort out.”

I'd check the small print if I were him

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcas...72703-22725486/

I love the fact they've offered him a contract without actually explaining the vision for the club (pfft) or how they expect little things like transfers to work. :rolleyes:

You couldn't make it up.

I really don't think JK is in the loop. This contract offer if true is an attempt to feign some continuity. They probably didn't factor in that he'd be banging on about it to the media. :dancing::angry:

Edited by Park Life

Very true. You've got a bloke who was in the managerial wilderness for 4 years after an unsuccessful tenure at Notts Forest and he's been offered a 'lucrative' 2 and a half year deal and he says he needs to think about it. He must be worried about being sold down the river just like KK was. Either that or there's a clause in his contract that says he leaves with no compensation if we go down <_<

Or he has to pay £3,000,000 to the club if we do. <_<

Why should it just be the players deserting the sinking ship?

Owen, Harper, Cacapa, Butt and Edgar's contracts are running down, but we're only trying to retain the services of Kinnear.

<_<

Because all of the above are likely to speak out if something isnt going right.