Sign in to follow this  
Snake

We knew it was coming - Kinnear offered new contract

Fucking great day out like, and the night before in Trafalgar square was epic...hundreds of geordies gannin nuts, some nekkid bloke running around and japanese tourists wondering what the fuck was going on. :devil:

Happy times :yahoo:

Think we left there at about 3 in the morning and got a cab back to the Travellodge where 9 of us were sharing a room, 3 went in past reception and the other 6 climbed in through the window (we werent daft we requested a ground floor room!).

Seemed like a good idea at the time, not so good at 8am when you've had 5 hours of blokes full of beer n curry in one room. :o

The thing that got me about Trafalgar Sq and Soho before that was that there wasnt a Manc to be seen, just a sea of Geordies loving every minute of it. I remember as well, my mate was all painted up and had a cameraman from the London Evening Standard stop and ask for a pic. When we got a copy of the paper it was in they'd had a double page spread of pics and not one of them contained a Man U fan.

“I’ve got (an offer of) two- and-a-half years and I’m just mulling it over.

Joe Kinnear is definitely the man to take Newcastle United forward.

:rolleyes:

The fact that he hasn't immediately accepted it (the contract offer) speaks volumes I think.

Interesting that bit about the request for interviews with Llambias or Wise being deferred until after the window shuts. Is this just more stalling tactics or do they really plan to make a statement after the window closes?

Guest alex
The fact that he hasn't immediately accepted it (the contract offer) speaks volumes I think.

Interesting that bit about the request for interviews with Llambias or Wise being deferred until after the window shuts. Is this just more stalling tactics or do they really plan to make a statement after the window closes?

Very true. You've got a bloke who was in the managerial wilderness for 4 years after an unsuccessful tenure at Notts Forest and he's been offered a 'lucrative' 2 and a half year deal and he says he needs to think about it. He must be worried about being sold down the river just like KK was. Either that or there's a clause in his contract that says he leaves with no compensation if we go down :rolleyes:

“I’ve got (an offer of) two- and-a-half years and I’m just mulling it over.

“I’ll make that decision later on. I’ve got it in writing, and am quite happy with everything else, but there’s one or two things I want to sort out.”

I'd check the small print if I were him

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcas...72703-22725486/

I love the fact they've offered him a contract without actually explaining the vision for the club (pfft) or how they expect little things like transfers to work. :rolleyes:

You couldn't make it up.

I really don't think JK is in the loop. This contract offer if true is an attempt to feign some continuity. They probably didn't factor in that he'd be banging on about it to the media. :dancing::angry:

Edited by Park Life

Why should it just be the players deserting the sinking ship?

Owen, Harper, Cacapa, Butt and Edgar's contracts are running down, but we're only trying to retain the services of Kinnear.

:rolleyes:

Very true. You've got a bloke who was in the managerial wilderness for 4 years after an unsuccessful tenure at Notts Forest and he's been offered a 'lucrative' 2 and a half year deal and he says he needs to think about it. He must be worried about being sold down the river just like KK was. Either that or there's a clause in his contract that says he leaves with no compensation if we go down <_<

Or he has to pay £3,000,000 to the club if we do. <_<

Why should it just be the players deserting the sinking ship?

Owen, Harper, Cacapa, Butt and Edgar's contracts are running down, but we're only trying to retain the services of Kinnear.

<_<

Because all of the above are likely to speak out if something isnt going right.