Kinnear responds to Barton speculation with his usual eloquence

Snake

Kinnear has angrily denied Bolton Wanderers’ claim that they had an offer for Barton turned down and warned they would be wasting their time making one.

“There’s been no bid,” he insisted. “Tell Gary Megson he is talking crap."

:devil:

Makes me pine for the halcyon days :devil:

Journalist Well, is that what Joe thinks?

JK Write what you like. Makes no difference to me. Don’t affect me I assure you. It’ll be the last time I see you anyway. Won’t affect me. See how we go at Everton and Chrissy [Chris Hughton, assistant manager] can do it, someone else can do it. Don’t trust any of yous. I will pick two local papers and speak to them and the rest can fuck off. I ain’t coming up here to have the piss taken out of me. I have a million pages of crap that has been written about me. I’m ridiculed for no reason. I’m defenceless. I can’t get a point in, I can’t say nothing, I can’t do nothing, but I ain’t going to be negative. Then, half of you, most of you are trying to get into the players. I’m not going to tell you what the players think of you, so then you try and get into them in some way or another, so I’ve got a split camp or something like that, something like that. It’s ongoing. It just doesn’t stop.

Journalist It’s only been a week.

JK Exactly. It feels more like a year.

Journalist It’s early days for you to be like this.

JK No, I’m clearing the air. And this is the last time I’m going to speak to you. You want to know why, I’m telling you. This is the last time. You can do what you like.

Journalist But this isn’t going to do you or us any good.

JK I’ll speak to the supporters. I’m going to tell them what the story is. I’m going to tell them. I don’t think they’ll interpret it any different, I don’t think they’ll mix it up, I don’t think they’ll miss out things.

Barton had to be dragged away from clouting Enrique today apparently. Great start on his first game back. Hes a grade A clown and will never change, Id have snapped Boltons hand off for £2mil

We'd be even worse off then as that cash would have just been pocketed too. That's not a defence of Barton btw.

It could be seen as having passion for the game, however in Bartons case, I think he'll forever be a thug. I think theres something genetically wrong with him which just allows his aggression to get the better of him. I dont ever imagine him overcoming these problems.

Looks more like Barton giving Enrique the verbal assault 99% of supporters would like to give him.

The sort of thing our captain should be dishing out 10 times a game at the moment.

that it the kind of passion and fight we need from our players.

Barton for captain !

Looks more like Barton giving Enrique the verbal assault 99% of supporters would like to give him.

The sort of thing our captain should be dishing out 10 times a game at the moment.

Agreed, to me thats another player making sure someone at fault knows they've done wrong to stop it happening again. Anyone who wants to liken that to Dyer/Bowyer wants their heads examining.

that it the kind of passion and fight we need from our players.

Barton for captain !

Wouldn't mind seeing that happen personally.

Agreed, to me thats another player making sure someone at fault knows they've done wrong to stop it happening again. Anyone who wants to liken that to Dyer/Bowyer wants their heads examining.

agreed