Shit day!

Kid Dynamite

had a pretty shit day to be honest. just found out that my first ever love is now infatuated with someone else! we split up about a year ago and weve both seen other people since but i always kind of hoped that a few years down the line when we (or mostly I) had grown up a bit we would get back together for good. But she broke it to me today that shes met the guy she thinks she wants to marry. and even worse!!!!!! hes not sure if he feels the same way about her! so the girl who my heart is with has now given her heart to someone else, and he doesnt even know if he wants it :icon_lol:

Its kind of fucked up, i though my dawsons creek days were over!

had a pretty shit day to be honest. just found out that my first ever love is now infatuated with someone else! we split up about a year ago and weve both seen other people since but i always kind of hoped that a few years down the line when we (or mostly I) had grown up a bit we would get back together for good. But she broke it to me today that shes met the guy she thinks she wants to marry. and even worse!!!!!! hes not sure if he feels the same way about her! so the girl who my heart is with has now given her heart to someone else, and he doesnt even know if he wants it  :icon_lol:

4159[/snapback]

Hard lines.

Just so you're prepared and all - that nagging feeling of loss and that you made the mistake of your life never goes away. You take that to the grave.

Now go get pissed... and avoid any music by the Smiths for at least a month.

all so sympathetic! i still think a rescue is on the cards as we have hardly spoken in almost a year. i reckon a couple of weeks of trips down memory lane, some roses, our favourite song etc. might do the trick. the only thing is the circumstances for us breaking up are still the same. ie. shes doing a phd in leeds, im travelling, i feel im too young to get engaged :icon_lol: its a bit of a catch 22.

1-let her go and risk not feeling the same way about someone ever again

2-or put all my efforts into getting back together and resenting it further down the line! :P

bollox

all so sympathetic! i still think a rescue is on the cards as we have hardly spoken in almost a year. i reckon a couple of weeks of trips down memory lane, some roses, our favourite song etc. might do the trick. the only thing is the circumstances for us breaking up are still the same. ie. shes doing a phd in leeds, im travelling, i feel im too young to get engaged  :icon_lol:  its a bit of a catch 22.

1-let her go and risk not feeling the same way about someone ever again

2-or put all my efforts into getting back together and resenting it further down the line!  :P

bollox

4449[/snapback]

But surely number two is a better option than thinking any one else you meet is 2nd best in comparison?

true. but also these 2 arent even together yet. is it a bit early for me to be putting all my efforts into wrecking their wedding plans? it may not even get that far. if it starts to look that way then maybe its time for a rethink but for now maybe its time for me to let her make her own decision about him?

what fucks me off the most is that she told me 'she had found someone special'!!!!! as if the 2 years with me was just passing the time like!

had a pretty shit day to be honest. just found out that my first ever love is now infatuated with someone else! we split up about a year ago and weve both seen other people since but i always kind of hoped that a few years down the line when we (or mostly I) had grown up a bit we would get back together for good. But she broke it to me today that shes met the guy she thinks she wants to marry. and even worse!!!!!! hes not sure if he feels the same way about her! so the girl who my heart is with has now given her heart to someone else, and he doesnt even know if he wants it  :icon_lol:

4159[/snapback]

Don't you think that if you were really meant to be with her then you wouldn't have gone your own ways petal?

petal??!!! sound like me gran! no offence. quite possibly? things arent always that simple though. i still agree though that if we were meant to be we will be. i guess time will tell

4536[/snapback]

Well lets just hope she doesnt read this board and see you chattin wor lass (emmmm I mean Mags) up then.

a bit of friendly banter hardly constitutes chatting up!

Im saving that for when we are having our candlelit dinner next week! just around the corner from her house..........

Im saving that for when we are having our candlelit dinner next week! just around the corner from her house..........

4543[/snapback]

I feel a smear campaign coming on, the likes not seen since Mod Idol. :icon_lol:

The ones who say they love you can tend to be the ones who shit on you.

Move on mate, if she wants to be with this other bloke is it really right to try and spoil her happiness (that's assuming she's happy with him) just because you're still in love with her? That would be rather selfish and she may resent you for that.

There's plenty more fish in the sea so go fishing! Maybe if you both feel the same way down the line then maybe get back together but until you realise nothing is likely to happen whilst she's with this guy the better so you can concentrate on your OWN life.