Show Mike et al. the way

Here's a chance to show that we're not too proud to admit we've made massive errors of judgement. Hopefully it'll inspire the people "in charge" of the club to follow suit before its too late to rectify.

Here's a handful of mine

1/ Thought we'd done good shipping out Gary Speed and replacing him with Nicky Butt who I though would be a younger and probably better version. Speed went on to have a good few more years at a decent level, whilst Butt has had a few good matches at a decent level since joining

2/ Was glad we didn't appoint O'Neill as manager. Watching the Beeb's coverage of World Cup 06, I though O'Neill seemed pretty clueless, and didn't have what it takes to build a decent Premier League club. I was happier with getting Big Sam than I would have been had MON joined us

3/ Thought Babayaro and Duff were decent signings when they joined. I felt they were both good value for money and would improve the team both in quality and bringing a winning mentality. How wrong was I? Uninspired/liability sicknotes the pair of them

Feel free to add your own. Have a proper think, and don't just say "thought Mike Ashley would sort out the club." A chance to make some of your previous judgements look silly, seeing as we all make mistakes.

I thought Ashley had made a masterstroke by re-appointing Keegan and would offer his substantial, but not ridiculous, financial backing to allow him to run the team his way. I thought Keegan would build his team and would complete his unfinished business, win a trophy, and ride off into the sunset.........

I thought Cacapa would be a good signing and toughen up the defence.

I thought Kinnear "fighting spirit*" would stabilise the club and see it climb the table, eradicating silly defeats draws.

* For "Fighting" read swearing like a tramp and for "Spirit" read bottle of Scotch

I thought Ashley had made a masterstroke by re-appointing Keegan and would offer his substantial, but not ridiculous, financial backing to allow him to run the team his way. I thought Keegan would build his team and would complete his unfinished business, win a trophy, and ride off into the sunset.........

Thats the same, more or less, for me. And its why i hate the fuckwitts ruining our club so much, they got my hopes up and got me happy again to have, what seemed a stable, well run club with Keegan back and the fans behind him, we started the season with the manu draw, beat Bolton and Coventry and i thought this could be an enjoyable season. Then it turned out they are complete and utter cunts who will destroy this club and i'm as low as ive ever been.

In all the seasons past ive always said and genuinely felt we wouldnt go down at all, it didnt worry me, but this time with such a weird premiership and with our club a complete mess off the pitch we're in genuine danger.

1) I thought Cacapa, Enrique and Rozenahl were decent signings in summer 2007.

2) I didn't think expect Allardyce to win trophies, but at least I expected a decent season as nearly everyone would have been better than Souness & Roeder.

3) I thought Keegan would be in charge of the club for about four or five years, winning the FA or the UEFA Cup and then retiring.

4) I did believe Dennis Wise in February 2009 after saying KK will have the final word on transfers.

I thought the hiring of Allardyce was a mistake.

I thought the firing of Allardyce was the right thing to do.

I thought Ashley buying the Club would move us forward.

I thought the hiring of Keegan was a master-stroke if only as a player/supporter moral boost.

I thought the hiring of Dennis Wise was a disaster waiting to happen.

I thought the situation that caused Keegan to walk away was Ashley's stupid mistake.

I thought Ashley should have admitted his mistake and fired Wise.

I thought Kinnear was an out of work bloke who would jump at any chance.

I thought ....................................................

Our Father, who art in Mallorca,

Shepherd be thy name.

Thy Kingdom come,

thy will be done,

in Toon as it is in Hebburn

Give us this day our daily signing.

And forgive us our trespasses,

as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation,

but deliver us from Ashley.

For Toon is the kingdom, the power and the glory. for ever and ever. Amen

I honestly thought we were going to win the UEFA Cup under Souness. We had a powercut at home with an hour gone, and power came back just as stoppage time began. I take full responsibility for this, and the subesquent demise since then

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=182...mp;&cc=3888