Kinnear - its not my fault

stevietoon

Could you imagine if he walked btw? :rolleyes: It's not his fault like tbf.

I can only wish that he does, the talk of him saying he has a lucrative contract leaves me in a cold sweat, the man is making this even more of an embarrassment as it is..... thank god i no longer work in sunderland, i would be having the piss ripped out of me on a daily basis....

leave.....

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No point panicking yet - we outplayed blackburn for alot of the game just didn't go our way due to a dodgy penalty decision and they got some momentum after that - we are going through our bad patch - it'll pick up - joe is right - its not his fault and he is having a go at the owner - rightly so - but the slagging he gets on here is shocking - clueless? he has been in the game longer than most of you have been alive man - get a grip ffs

There's some people who sit near me at the match who've been going longer than I've been alive and they're clueless as well. :rolleyes:

I think that while he is not to blame for the situation at the club he is quite clearly nowhere near the quality of manager we should be trying to attract and now he's been offered a new deal. That's where the anger comes from. His four years out of the game speaks volumes (something else he's felt the need to lie about btw).

No point panicking yet - we outplayed blackburn for alot of the game just didn't go our way due to a dodgy penalty decision and they got some momentum after that - we are going through our bad patch - it'll pick up - joe is right - its not his fault and he is having a go at the owner - rightly so - but the slagging he gets on here is shocking - clueless? he has been in the game longer than most of you have been alive man - get a grip ffs

There's some people who sit near me at the match who've been going longer than I've been alive and they're clueless as well. :rolleyes:

I think that while he is not to blame for the situation at the club he is quite clearly nowhere near the quality of manager we should be trying to attract and now he's been offered a new deal. That's where the anger comes from. His four years out of the game speaks volumes (something else he's felt the need to lie about btw).

I agree, and everyone saying its a knee jerk reaction who should we get in etc, the longer he stays here the deeper in the doo doo we will be come the end of the season.

Lest we not forget he was brought in on a month by month contract to steady the ship, on that score he has done exactly as he was asked. In the interim i was lead to believe that a manager was being lined up to start rebuilding the team from the bottom up (again) and then kinnear could then disappear back into management obscurity. I am no expert but am i sure that there are plenty of more talented and upto date managers available, who would be a step up from the ashley best mates jobs for the boys club

Edited by skhwoody

To be perfectly honest I don't really want him to go now as it would be Wise or (possibly even worse) Hughton taking the reins. No way should he be getting a contract beyond the summer though.

Kinnear's comments about 'expensive' loan signings, a 'lucrative' contract offer (I bet it's only 25 - 30 k a week) and him thinking the money bid for M'bia was a good bid just show how out of touch he is with the modern game.

There's some people who sit near me at the match who've been going longer than I've been alive and they're clueless as well. :angry:

I agree, and everyone saying its a knee jerk reaction who should we get in etc, the longer he stays here the deeper in the doo doo we will be come the end of the season.

Lest we not forget he was brought in on a month by month contract to steady the ship, on that score he has done exactly as he was asked. In the interim i was lead to believe that a manager was being lined up to start rebuilding the team from the bottom up (again) and then kinnear could then disappear back into management obscurity. I am no expert but am i sure that there are plenty of more talented and upto date managers available, who would be a step up from the ashley best mates jobs for the boys club

He was brought in month by month while they pushed for a sale, the thinking being that new owners could bring in their own man. It's only a couple of weeks since the club was taken off the market, so I'd have expected us to be scouring the globe for the best we can find from that point. Instead the people running the club have thought, "fuck it, Kinnear's cheap as chips and he's no bother whatsoever".

Unless they actually believe he's "better than Capello." :rolleyes:

There's some people who sit near me at the match who've been going longer than I've been alive and they're clueless as well. :angry:

He was brought in month by month while they pushed for a sale, the thinking being that new owners could bring in their own man. It's only a couple of weeks since the club was taken off the market, so I'd have expected us to be scouring the globe for the best we can find from that point. Instead the people running the club have thought, "fuck it, Kinnear's cheap as chips and he's no bother whatsoever".

Unless they actually believe he's "better than Capello." :rolleyes:

The first bit you said is right. :dancing:

The latest crack from him in today's Journal was that he has £10m but hasn't decided whether to buy one £10m player or two £5m ones. :rolleyes:

Can't remember if that was a direct quote but I'm inclined to be believe it regardless at present.

The latest crack from him in today's Journal was that he has £10m but hasn't decided whether to buy one £10m player or two £5m ones. :rolleyes:

:angry:

Or one of Kaka's little toes.

At least he's began to consider his options....two thirds of the way through the transfer window.

This is what shocked me. They had no real plans to invest in the side apparently till Joe made the call on the 13th. :rolleyes::angry::dancing:

Don't believe anything until you actually see a new player in the shirt, they bullshitted Keegan so it would hardly be a surprise if they are doing the same to Kinnear.

Joe Kinnear believes Newcastle will retain their Premier League status despite their weekend defeat by Blackburn.

Saturday's 3-0 loss to former Toon boss Sam Allardyce's side has left the Magpies just two points clear of third-from-bottom Middlesbrough.

Newcastle have now collected just one point from a possible 12, but ex-Forest boss Kinnear is not overly worried by their current plight.

"Yes, I think we can see light at the end of the tunnel," said Kinnear. "I'm an optimist.

"Once we get two or three players back fully fit, really fully fit, I think we'll be all right, I really do.

"I know everyone else will be saying something different. Only time will tell, but I'm very confident we will stay up. Very confident."

Kinnear has bemoaned the club's lengthy injury list, stating that being without the likes of Claudio Cacapa, Shola Ameobi, Obafemi Martins, Habib Beye and Alan Smith has cost them dearly.

"I've just been riddled with injuries for the past six weeks. I haven't picked the same team back-to-back since I've been here," he continued.

"And the gaps in the squad mean it's players patched up or the youth teams. I'm not having a knock at the previous managers, but whoever did their homework on the squad needs to take a long look at it because we haven't got any back-ups.

"You would think a club of this size would be doubled up in every position. We're not, we're miles away from it, miles."

If Kinnear had done his homework he'd know that the previous managers were fully aware of that fact but got bugger all backing to correct it :rolleyes:

Joe Kinnear believes Newcastle will retain their Premier League status despite their weekend defeat by Blackburn.

Saturday's 3-0 loss to former Toon boss Sam Allardyce's side has left the Magpies just two points clear of third-from-bottom Middlesbrough.

Newcastle have now collected just one point from a possible 12, but ex-Forest boss Kinnear is not overly worried by their current plight.

"Yes, I think we can see light at the end of the tunnel," said Kinnear. "I'm an optimist.

"Once we get two or three players back fully fit, really fully fit, I think we'll be all right, I really do.

"I know everyone else will be saying something different. Only time will tell, but I'm very confident we will stay up. Very confident."

Kinnear has bemoaned the club's lengthy injury list, stating that being without the likes of Claudio Cacapa, Shola Ameobi, Obafemi Martins, Habib Beye and Alan Smith has cost them dearly.

"I've just been riddled with injuries for the past six weeks. I haven't picked the same team back-to-back since I've been here," he continued.

"And the gaps in the squad mean it's players patched up or the youth teams. I'm not having a knock at the previous managers, but whoever did their homework on the squad needs to take a long look at it because we haven't got any back-ups.

"You would think a club of this size would be doubled up in every position. We're not, we're miles away from it, miles."

If Kinnear had done his homework he'd know that the previous managers were fully aware of that fact but got bugger all backing to correct it :rolleyes:

As a couple of us have said, if you read between the lines, that's probably what he's getting at without actually criticising anyone at the club by saying "my chairman's incompetent and has a history of incompetence spanning several managers, not just me".

This is what shocked me. They had no real plans to invest in the side apparently till Joe made the call on the 13th. :rolleyes::angry::dancing:

That didn't shock me, neither did the fact that of that £12m that should just be sitting there, only £8-10m is actually "available" (we'll have to see if it is actually available).

Kinnear's ok, and has done an ok job, but he's really made a big mistake with this statement and shown some real character flaws (especially given the stick Roeder got for saying he wouldn't blame injuries, then mentioning them when he has 20+ players out).

The problem is it's Kinnear or no one, as I still can't see any manager of decent and proven quality coming here until we have genuine stability (not just unable to sell) and actually have some money to spend (is NUFC being ran at a £-2m loss every 3 months?).

SA's demise was he asked for money in that Jan window and Mort and MA freaked and that was that.

Not sure about this notion that Ashley has a £12M profit burning a hole in his pocket from the Milner sale. Taking the profit from that sale into account, he's still currently £9M down on transfers, before laying out on anyone in this window.

An average spend of just £2.25M per window for a Premier league club is paltry enough without any exagerration.

Not sure about this notion that Ashley has a £12M profit burning a hole in his pocket from the Milner sale. Taking the profit from that sale into account, he's still currently £9M down on transfers, before laying out on anyone in this window.

An average spend of just £2.25M per window for a Premier league club is paltry enough without any exagerration.

The money was there to be spent (allegedly), it was a very different (if maybe not shocking now) proposition indeed if Milner was sold just to pay off "debt" instead.

Irrespective of total spend, although Ashley could be making his overall balance even "better" this window. :rolleyes:

Surely if NUFC was operating at a loss Ashley would have mentioned it in some of his propaganda bits by now.

The money was there to be spent (allegedly), it was a very different (if maybe not shocking now) proposition indeed if Milner was sold just to pay off "debt" instead.

Irrespective of total spend, although Ashley could be making his overall balance even "better" this window. :rolleyes:

Surely if NUFC was operating at a loss Ashley would have mentioned it in some of his propaganda bits by now.

Hes said on a few occasions that he isn't in to make money and that you cant run newcastle 'for a profit'.

It's bettter for him to run at a loss so he doesn't have to pay any tax, also he doesn't have to take out any loans to cover the loss because he's minted (unlike the last owners who borrowed away rather than cover it themselves).

The smallest loss possible is best of course.

Edited by Happy Face

Hes said on a few occasions that he isn't in to make money and that you cant run newcastle 'for a profit'.

Aye I'm sure you can't in a more general corporate way, but NUFC does (or did) have pretty decent financial roots, and has always done ok even when saddled with large amounts of debt to service (without the success and world wide sales the likes of Man U have to rely on).

It's bettter for him to run at a loss so he doesn't have to pay any tax, also he doesn't have to take out any loans to cover the loss because he's minted (unlike the last owners who borrowed away rather than cover it themselves).

So you think that's what we're running at and the Milner money is balancing that?

Aye I'm sure you can't in a more general corporate way, but NUFC does (or did) have pretty decent financial roots, and has always done ok even when saddled with large amounts of debt to service (without the success and world wide sales the likes of Man U have to rely on).

So you think that's what we're running at and the Milner money is balancing that?

As a PLC we ran at a total loss of £62M (just under £30M when you take out the dividends), so I don't think Ashley is raking it in at all.

I think he's genuine in his commitment to running the club with a balanced sheet and reinvesting what profits there are, because he believes a frugal approach is in the best long term interests of the club, and his own investment.

Not being a football man, he's not yet understood that unlike producing tracksuits, the cheapest labour isn't actually a plus point towards success.

It just puzzles me that if a man is prepared to invest £234 million in a business then why not got that extra yard and throw in another £20 million to dramatically increase the chances of staying in the PL next season and maintaining the huge revenues that come with it.

As a PLC we ran at a total loss of £62M (just under £30M when you take out the dividends), so I don't think Ashley is raking it in at all.

I think he's genuine in his commitment to running the club with a balanced sheet and reinvesting what profits there are, because he believes a frugal approach is in the best long term interests of the club, and his own investment.

Not being a football man, he's not yet understood that unlike producing tracksuits, the cheapest labour isn't actually a plus point towards success.

So £30m and what about debt? (which we may, may not, or no one knows if we have some any more)

Why pay off all (or most of depending on which version is currently in use) the debt if money was so tight? And the evidence (i.e. the spending) suggests money has been tight from the off rather since KK walked and the 'global financial meltdown'. Where's the 'fun' in that you fat cunt?