10m bid for M'bia ?

tommo

we really miss martins because teams can just push up against us as owen / carroll have no pace. especially away from home.

man utd away this season is a great example. man utd were terrified of pushing up because of martin's pace which meant they weren't really able to exert pressure on us without creating a large risk.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No offence mate but your as big a fucking idiot as Kinnear if that's what you think.

not agreeing with someone doesnt make them a fucken idiot

£10m on a centre mid and nothing on anyone else is ludicrus, i'd rather go with what we have, that will be good enough. Oh no i am a fucken idiot like Kinnear who wants to blow his entire budget on a centre mid, how does that work., you cant liken me to Kinnear just because you dont agree with me.

Joey Barton and Obafemi Martins will will be key just like last season, full backs will shore us up better at the back. We're not going down, we are good enough to stay up, even with a mere 2 signings, it's a question of how comfortable we make it for ourselves, i guess i am a fucken idiot for thinking so though.

We're going down unless we spend £100m and replace everyone fast, lmao.

Our full backs keep costing us goals, fix that first and foremost.

M'Bia £10m, dont make me laugh.

Edited by Midlands-Mag

we really miss martins because teams can just push up against us as owen / carroll have no pace. especially away from home.

man utd away this season is a great example. man utd were terrified of pushing up because of martin's pace which meant they weren't really able to exert pressure on us without creating a large risk.

I've been saying this about Martins for months. But we do need at least one midfield dynamo in the middle who can impose himself. at the moment we have a lightweight and an old man who gives the ball away constantly.

I've been saying this about Martins for months. But we do need at least one midfield dynamo in the middle who can impose himself. at the moment we have a lightweight and an old man who gives the ball away constantly.

Agree. At the moment I think Guthrie would make an excellent substitute midfielder - though his efforts are probably hard to judge properly given he is playing alongside Nicky Butt (who quite frankly has been hopeless of late and just plain does not help out in defense - doesn't run when the opposition are counter attacking). Hard to judge Joey Barton, except to know that he's likely to have a brain explosion at any time; at an opposing player, the ref, or even his own teammate. Is his footballing ability enough to take that sucker punch? At the moment from what we have seen of him, no it's not.

Martins coming back will be a big help. Owen is not slow, but he never seems to back himself to be able to beat a defender anymore. More likely to back off, then look for a ball into the box. Would be good to see more of a killer instinct from him.

No offence mate but your as big a fucking idiot as Kinnear if that's what you think.

£10m on a centre mid and nothing on anyone else is ludicrus, i'd rather go with what we have, that will be good enough. Oh no i am a fucken idiot like Kinnear who wants to blow his entire budget on a centre mid, how does that work., you cant liken me to Kinnear just because you dont agree with me.

Joey Barton and Obafemi Martins will will be key just like last season, full backs will shore us up better at the back. We're not going down, we are good enough to stay up, even with a mere 2 signings, it's a question of how comfortable we make it for ourselves, i guess i am a fucken idiot for thinking so though.

Not being able to spell Fucking on three occassions in one post doesn't make me think anything better of you.

£10m on one player if that's all we have makes Kinnear a fucking idiot (as does telling the press what he might go up to) because we have so many weaknesess all over the park but our biggest single weakness is in the centre of midfield. Barton is decent but rarely available for one reason or another, Butt is well past it as is Geremi and Gutherie will never be good enough. That means (in my book) that we don't have a single player in the centre of the park (one of if not the most important position on the field) who we can rely on.

Yes we need cover for the fullback positions and yes we could do with some more pace up front but first and foremost we must do something to address the black hole that is our midfield and anyone who doesn't see that is retarded.

We will be better when we have Martins, Beye (although by the sounds of it he's going to be out for most of the rest of the season) and Barton back but we will still be in big danger if we keep having to play the midfield we are currently going with. We keep dropping points to shite like Blackburn, the Makems, the Smoggies et al so where are the points going to come from that keep us up let alone makes us comfortable.

Ive never seen mbia play. But if hes good for 10m he is a 22 year-old midfielder which is desperately needed atm. And who would we buy on right back atm, an injury prone steve finnan who is going to retire in 2 years? If hes proven himself to not be susceptible to injures id go for it, and as for a pacy striker in backup isnt that what we are getting for free in løvenkrands?

"If Geremi leaves I might put all my eggs in one basket, cancel the loan players I was considering and pay £10million for one player."

He says after complaining about the depth of our sqaud

What a decline - something like...

4 or 5 players.

2 or 3 players with 2 on loan.

2 or 3 players

1 player

NO PLAYERS <_<

Do you think it's 'cos they been sat on the coach too long?

Agreed; but someone who can see a pass and execute it. Give our forwards some ammunition.

Agreed; but someone who can see a pass and execute it. Give our forwards some ammunition.

Well, that I've been saying for..Oh...3 years now. <_<

Rather see us spend £15mill on Moutinho.

Do you even have any idea what's happening at the club? We won't bid even 5 million on Bullard, Kinnear is lying through his teeth about this 10 million bid for M'bia, but you want to spend more money on a superior player? Where will this money magically appear from? And are you providing the choloroform, body bag, and private plane it would take to get Moutinho to SJP, or is Fat Mike charging the club for that too?

Not being able to spell Fucking on three occassions in one post doesn't make me think anything better of you..

Being a bit elitist there aint ye.Tbf being able to spell correctly isn't necessarily an indicator of intelligence, especially on a pc where spell checkers are readily available, more an indication of education(programming could be substituted here).Its the ability to take in what you are being fed,memorize it and regurgitate it.

Do you even have any idea what's happening at the club? We won't bid even 5 million on Bullard, Kinnear is lying through his teeth about this 10 million bid for M'bia, but you want to spend more money on a superior player? Where will this money magically appear from? And are you providing the choloroform, body bag, and private plane it would take to get Moutinho to SJP, or is Fat Mike charging the club for that too?

It is called satire. <_< Mong.

Not being able to spell Fucking on three occassions in one post doesn't make me think anything better of you..

Being a bit elitist there aint ye.Tbf being able to spell correctly isn't necessarily an indicator of intelligence, especially on a pc where spell checkers are readily available, more an indication of education(programming could be substituted here).Its the ability to take in what you are being fed,memorize it and regurgitate it.

It's the ability to spot a joke you're missing there mate.

I am more concerned with someone not being able spot how shite we are in midfield which suggests they haven't watched any of our matches in the last three seasons.

I am more concerned with someone not being able spot how shite we are in midfield which suggests they haven't watched any of our matches in the last three seasons.

Sorry i missed it mate.No offence meant i just get wound up with people being pedantic over grammar and spelling when they know what the other bloke's talking about.

Sorry i missed it mate.No offence meant i just get wound up with people being pedantic over grammar and spelling when they know what the other bloke's talking about.

No problem mate, my spelling is shite tbf. I just get pissed off watching the shite we have in midfield and then hearing people defend them. Each season we seem to be worse and nothing is done!

It is called satire. <_< Mong.

"Satire"? Even if you weren't serious - you were - it'd be irony. Semi-evolved tbh. <_<

Each season we seem to be worse and nothing is done!

Yep. We finished in 12th last season, and our squad is getting smaller. It should be no surprise really that we'll be in a relegation scrap. Our players and our club have been living off past glories for too long. We're shite, but we refuse to accept that we are.

Yep. We finished in 12th last season, and our squad is getting smaller. It should be no surprise really that we'll be in a relegation scrap. Our players and our club have been living off past glories for too long. We're shite, but we refuse to accept that we are.

Fully accepted here like, and I think by many on this board.

Fully accepted by me. Now even JK is starting to see the light... oh so Keegan was right after all, eh Joe. I'm almost willing him to quit out of principle and drop Ashley, Lambs arse and the poisoned dwarf right in the shit.

No problem mate, my spelling is shite tbf. I just get pissed off watching the shite we have in midfield and then hearing people defend them. Each season we seem to be worse and nothing is done!

Understandable,i sometimes think people have been watching a different team to me.Why anyone would think we have an even passable midfield is beyond me.We would struggle in the 2nd div(champ) with this midfield.

And scarily (assuming we survive this season), next season looks to be even more bleak.

I've been saying for what seems like ages now that we'll go down next year (barring a massive, not to mention unlikely, positive upheaval in the summer) if we stay up this year. That now seems like a massive 'if' given the way things are going.

It's hardly fucking rocket science though, is it?