Will your love for Newcastle ever fade ?

tommo

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My love for the club will never fade or die away however there comes a time when more important things take precedence and the bigger the shitstick this club becomes the less important it will be for me to attend. I cant believe that I pay £500 a year for the fun of sitting through what we currently do.

I no longer look forward to match days, thats not what it should be about. :rolleyes:

Im as fucked off with it all as I have been for a long time. Its not just the manager, or the owner, or the players, or the football etc. This time it feels like its EVERYTHING. Even the tea lady is a bitch (sorry Dorris).

I'll always keep my season ticket finance permitting, but my love of the club has slightly diminished over the years. Globalisation has fucked everything up, football is wank, everything is plastic, especially people, and I'm not having a go at all younguns, but it's not the same people watching football now, it was when I first started going. Truly I love the toon but am at the point where I have been too upset too many times to get myself truly worked up when we get beat. I always expect the worst, so lately I'm never crucified like I used to be when we lose, I've seen times in the past, particularly in my teens where I've been sobbing like an idiot. You can never be truly infatuated with someone who treats you like a dog so many times.

I'll always keep my season ticket finance permitting, but my love of the club has slightly diminished over the years. Globalisation has fucked everything up, football is wank, everything is plastic, especially people, and I'm not having a go at all younguns, but it's not the same people watching football now, it was when I first started going. Truly I love the toon but am at the point where I have been too upset too many times to get myself truly worked up when we get beat. I always expect the worst, so lately I'm never crucified like I used to be when we lose, I've seen times in the past, particularly in my teens where I've been sobbing like an idiot. You can never be truly infatuated with someone who treats you like a dog so many times.

Same here.When i was going to SJP in the late 70's and 80's the atmosphere was amazing and you couldn't fail to be touched by the passion.The last 15 /20 years they have sterilized the game cleaned it up and made it safe for the middle classes,tried to price most of the fans out of the stadiums so the MC's could use them as a kind of status symbol to impress their friends and business colleagues. and in doing so took the heart out of the game.Personally i prefered the old days of crumbling grounds,flying debris and players who wanted to play for the club.

its an unhealthy addiction and i couldnt live with myself knowing newcastle are playing at st james' park no matter who it is against and i'd not be there or care??? Thats why i make a 320 mile round trip for home games, its an addiction, i hate missing home games in the cup or even friendlies. Only money will stop me going. I dont know what can stop me constantly wondering what the latest news is. Perhaps if i move to the USA and glory hunt some american football team i wouldnt find myself constantly depressed.

There is literally nothing about the football club that I have any great love or respect for or have any connection with. The manager, the chairman, the director of transfer non-negotiations or any of the players.

Whilst FFS was in charge, you could at least see that he was a geordie and a fan.

While Shearer was playing, and we were shit, you at least felt proud that he was captain and chose to play for NUFC for purely emotional reasons.

Geography aside - what is there to love?

I feel similar about there being very little to like about the current state of the club.

The players bar 1 or 2 are absolute knobheads who have no interest in being at my club. The owner disgusts me, the manager isn't good enough. The Premier League itself(and top flight football) has lost all of it's appeal to me-I can't exactly pinpoint why, it's probably the 'plastic' reasons that Stevie listed.

I'll always love the club, but I'm not IN love with it anymore. It's not me, it's you. We can still be friends etc.

It never faded back in 1989 (when we were considerably worse than we are now) and it won't now....

I'm not happy with the way it's run at the moment and hope that the club still will be sold.

ill not go to a single match or buy another strip or piece of merchandise under this regime .

we sacked bobby ( someone who id worshiped since ipswich and had family friends connected to him , had a singed england top by the entire team from bobby as a present ) , so i let my mate take me season ticket for the season , he's had it since and told me he doesnt want it next year either .

i still bought the strips for myself and the kids tho, decked the bairns room out in toon bedsheets and wallpaper , but no more .

Edited by Hadrian