Is this honestly still OUR club?

Chaser

Since Kinnear has arrived at the club, it doesnt feel like Newcastle United for me. When I see Kinnear on TV, I sometimes dont consider that he manages our club, its as if we are watching something which says its our club, looks like our club but certainly doesnt feel like our club.

Im half hoping for implosion at the club to clear out the owners, management staff, shite players and there to be a new dawn following that. At this moment in time, Im pretty non-plussed about us being relegated, hoping that somehow, Ashley and his cronies will leave town and give it up to someone who gives a shit.

Maybe im just fed up with football this last few weeks, looking at the cataclysmic gap between us & Man City (In terms of cash) and the likes of Man Utd & Chelsea (in terms of quality). To think a few years back City were sitting in the 3rd tier of English football, while we were challenging in Europe and in domestic cup competitions.

We dont have to win anything, but having the optimism that something might just happen is what keeps you going as a football fan. Any optimism surrounding the club at the present time has gone, and I honestly can't see when itll return.

Although I've always believed that regardless of ownership, the club belongs to the fans, but the more this sorry situation continues, the less I am finding myself identifying with the club, and that goes for the manager, coaches and the players, it suddenly feels different, and quite wrong.

I'm reminded that I was forced to sell my shares to Mike the Careless.

It's not our club, it's his toy and we are merely morons that help him fund it.

I am on the edge of not going again till he's gone. Easy to say as I am darn sarf, but I usually manage about 10 games a year.

It's the fact that he just obviously coudn't give a fuck about us lot, couldn't care less about all the efforts over the last 20 years.

It's now just another expensive sports car, he's keeping it in the garage and paying the road tax and insurance (arguable that point actually), but he's not interested in getting it out there, pushing it to its limits and filling it with top tottie.

Edited by trophyshy

Although I've always believed that regardless of ownership, the club belongs to the fans, but the more this sorry situation continues, the less I am finding myself identifying with the club, and that goes for the manager, coaches and the players, it suddenly feels different, and quite wrong.

The club is the fans, unfortunately Ashley/Lambrusco and co. seems to view fans more like customers..... which could work, but only if they bring success. <_<