Given signs for Man City

Matty

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry lads, but this guy will be playing for the mcfc this time next week...

me and you are going have a falling out ya know

im sorry, but its true, i respect your club, but the rumours that have been going around indicate its going to happen... sorry

im sorry, but its true, i respect your club, but the rumours that have been going around indicate its going to happen... sorry

He can't kick, never collects a cross and he hardly gets near a pen.

He's made to look good by saving 40% of the multitude of shots on his goal every game.....most of them with his forehead completeley unawares.

B)

He can't kick, never collects a cross and he hardly gets near a pen.

He's made to look good by saving 40% of the multitude of shots on his goal every game.....most of them with his forehead completeley unawares.

B)

Some sanity at last. :rolleyes::lol:

Now he has come and said he wants to talk to city it will be interesting to see what we get for him. If Bellamy went for 14m then given should be easily more.

We got £12m for Milner of Aston Villa.

We should do well for one of the best keepers in Europe when selling to the richest club in the world.

Now he has come and said he wants to talk to city it will be interesting to see what we get for him. If Bellamy went for 14m then given should be easily more.

We got £12m for Milner of Aston Villa.

We should do well for one of the best keepers in Europe when selling to the richest club in the world.

You'd hope so.

its a shame he doesn't want to stay with the club. He has still easily got 4-5 years left in him.

Edited by 2bias

agree with the above sentiments. i feel fucking sick that one of the best newcastle players of his generation and a loyal servant is leaving because of the state we've got ourselves in.

and the sorry thing is that even if the money is reinvested (which i doubt), you wouldn't trust jfk and wise to use it well with 3 days of the window remaining

Would soften the blow of selling Shay if the money went on this lad....

Sport.co.uk can exclusively reveal that Newcastle United have entered the race to sign Miguel Veloso, according to the player’s agent.

Speaking exclusively to sport.co.uk, Paolo Barbosa revealed that there would be more news on the situation regarding talks between Bolton and Sporting tomorrow morning, but when asked if any other European sides had shown interest he confirmed:

“Yes, Newcastle have also made an enquiry.”

Barbosa also told sport.co.uk yesterday that Manchester City had made tentative enquiries as to the player's availability but that their interest had died since the recruitment of Nigel de Jong.

Veloso has been touted as one of the hottest properties in European football with several clubs including Manchester United, Arsenal and Fiorentina all thought to be interested. The 22-year-old is known for his combative qualities in the heart of midfield and is thought to be available for a fee in the region of £12m.

Sport.co.uk can exclusively reveal that Newcastle United have entered the race to sign Miguel Veloso, according to the player’s agent.

Speaking exclusively to sport.co.uk, Paolo Barbosa revealed that there would be more news on the situation regarding talks between Bolton and Sporting tomorrow morning, but when asked if any other European sides had shown interest he confirmed:

Barbosa also told sport.co.uk yesterday that Manchester City had made tentative enquiries as to the player's availability but that their interest had died since the recruitment of Nigel de Jong.

Veloso has been touted as one of the hottest properties in European football with several clubs including Manchester United, Arsenal and Fiorentina all thought to be interested. The 22-year-old is known for his combative qualities in the heart of midfield and is thought to be available for a fee in the region of £12m.

About time!

Ashley and Wise at City, the only reason they are making an appearance is to finalise the Given deal. Given won't play tonight for fear he is injured and stops the transfer going ahead.

Really pissed off that we are selling Given, back to the bad old days of selling our best players, hope we get decent dosh for him, got to be £12m +.

honestly, why would any player want to join our sinking ship at the moment?

I feel sick.

Just sick to the pit of my stomach.

At the club behaving like it used to do for years, which is the reason he is going.

I'm gutted man.

Excuse my ignorance of NUFC in the 80s, and correct me if i'm wrong - but that money was never re-invested properly into the team was it?

We'll be getting £20m ish from Milner and Given and seeing absolutely fuck all from it. Fuming.

Ashley and Wise at City, the only reason they are making an appearance is to finalise the Given deal. Given won't play tonight for fear he is injured and stops the transfer going ahead.

that is right.

I feel sick.

At the club behaving like it used to do for years, which is the reason he is going.

I'm gutted man.

Excuse my ignorance of NUFC in the 80s, and correct me if i'm wrong - but that money was never re-invested properly into the team was it?

We'll be getting £20m ish from Milner and Given and seeing absolutely fuck all from it. Fuming.

no, it wasn't. They always gave the excuse as "strengthening other positions" [just like now] but in reality all it did was buy a couple of players who weren't good enough with some of it and the rest disappearing down a black hole.

that is right.

good point actually

Sad fucking day in the history of the club imo. Irrespective of any deal it shows us to be a selling club again.

B) agree totally.

Worst sale since Goddard IMO

I feel sick.

I'm gutted man.

no, it wasn't. They always gave the excuse as "strengthening other positions" [just like now] but in reality all it did was buy a couple of players who weren't good enough with some of it and the rest disappearing down a black hole.

Back to the dark old days, time I remember so well. Why not bring back Gordon Lee, he's been out of the game since 1991, good match.

Really pissed off that we are selling Given, back to the bad old days of selling our best players, hope we get decent dosh for him, got to be £12m +.

Can't see that mesel, like. Any deals wouldn't have to have Fatash and the dwarf at the game tonight?

However, memories of Beardsley, Waddle, Gazza and Cole are refreshed. Memories of walking past the fans boycotting the games in the eighties and thinking, 'they must be mad' are refreshed, as we approach the same scenario today (I'm now contemplating a boycott of all the games myself, not that my absence will be of much significance - except to my heart B) ).