Given signs for Man City

Matty

I feel sick.

Just sick to the pit of my stomach.

At the club behaving like it used to do for years, which is the reason he is going.

I'm gutted man.

Excuse my ignorance of NUFC in the 80s, and correct me if i'm wrong - but that money was never re-invested properly into the team was it?

We'll be getting £20m ish from Milner and Given and seeing absolutely fuck all from it. Fuming.

Depends on your definition of 're-invested properly' I guess. The money we got for Gazza brought in 4 players - on paper you'd consider that to be good business. In reality, 2 of that 4 (Robertson & Beasant) absolutely flopped, the brightest of the 4 (Hendrie) couldn't save us from relegation on his own and jumped ship to the better prospect of Leeds when we got relegated and Andy Thorn just wasn't good enough IMO.

I don't think we'll see any more than £8m for Given and that's without any players coming the other way. Yes, he's worth more to us and we should be demanding a better deal but this is Ashley & Wise we're talking about. They'll see it simply as good money for a 32 year old and a reduction on the wages overhead.

Sad really.... but if you put yourself in their shoes for a moment, you know damned well they'll accept it B)

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashley and Wise at City, the only reason they are making an appearance is to finalise the Given deal. Given won't play tonight for fear he is injured and stops the transfer going ahead.

Really pissed off that we are selling Given, back to the bad old days of selling our best players, hope we get decent dosh for him, got to be £12m +.

Can't see that mesel, like. Any deals wouldn't have to have Fatash and the dwarf at the game tonight?

However, memories of Beardsley, Waddle, Gazza and Cole are refreshed. Memories of walking past the fans boycotting the games in the eighties and thinking, 'they must be mad' are refreshed, as we approach the same scenario today (I'm now contemplating a boycott of all the games myself, not that my absence will be of much significance - except to my heart B) ).

Maybe, maybe not, but after the long absence, why all of a sudden decide to go to this game. Last time Fatash was at a game was when KK was here.

He won't be passing a medical, if it's true........

Before Woodgate, I'd believe that....

Who are we trying to kid, there's fuck all wrong with him.

I'm trying desperately to concentrate any positives at present, at least goalkeeper isn't a position we're going to be left without good cover for - it still doesn't make up for the fact our club is dying. To say I'm heartbroken with how things are right now would be an understatement, I feel like I've got this massive void in my life where being a Newcastle United fan used to be (it's hard to explain, that's not to say I've stopped or would ever stop being a Newcastle United fan it just feels like there's nothing there any more except sadness and pain).

gutted even before we have kicked off , infact im fucking gutted ive got to support this shower of shit through the rest of the season , what a bunch of wankers we have running the show these days

Conveniently for Ashley they'll only be a maximum of 4 and a half days left for him to 'try' and reinvest. But if we do get a City player as part of the deal it'll soften the blow a bit.

Depends which one tbf. B)

Safe to say none of Hart, Richards, Onuoha, Kompany, Bridge, Zabaleta, Ireland, De Jong, Wright-Phillips, Robinho, Bellamy, Schmeichel, Elano, Vassell, Jo, Garrido, Fernandes or Caicedo will be moving the other way as part of the deal then.

We could sneak 12-13m out of this deal if we play it right.

only useful when we get to spend it, which we won't

and i don't want him to leave anyways ! lol

Oh I dunno, some charity is going to benefit big style B)

Id love it if harper broke a leg tonight.

You realise we'd still sell Given, we'd have to have Krul and Forster in then I guess.

Yeah, I was being sarcastic.

I should have known really shouldn't I?! Doh! B)