Hans Christian Anderson fairytale deemed "unsuitable" reading !!!!

Radgina

how about this one

lass comes into work yesterday and was discussing a book that her 7 year old had been given to bring home from school to read. She said she thought it was unsuitable reading material so had taken it back to the school and complained and so had a number of other parents. I asked what the book was and she replied " The Little Matchgirl" ;) Yes it was the fairytale book ...I was slightly taken aback so I asked her why it was unsuitable reading ..she said "because she dies in it " . I explained the story saying that it was ok because her Grandmother comes down to take her soul up to heaven where she can be warm and happy and she replied " yes but I am not religious"...wtf has that got to do with it...it's a fairytale ffs !!!

I asked her what would happen if the bairns grandma or Granda died where would she tell her child they had gone...she replied ...with a straight face may I add " Heaven" :)

no freakin wonder kids are all either soft shites or loony tunes nowadays with parents like this on the loose :victory:

how about this one

lass comes into work yesterday and was discussing a book that her 7 year old had been given to bring home from school to read. She said she thought it was unsuitable reading material so had taken it back to the school and complained and so had a number of other parents. I asked what the book was and she replied " The Little Matchgirl" ;) Yes it was the fairytale book ...I was slightly taken aback so I asked her why it was unsuitable reading ..she said "because she dies in it " . I explained the story saying that it was ok because her Grandmother comes down to take her soul up to heaven where she can be warm and happy and she replied " yes but I am not religious"...wtf has that got to do with it...it's a fairytale ffs !!!

I asked her what would happen if the bairns grandma or Granda died where would she tell her child they had gone...she replied ...with a straight face may I add " Heaven" :)

no freakin wonder kids are all either soft shites or loony tunes nowadays with parents like this on the loose :victory:

What a joke

Don't know if there's a thred for PC gone mad but these 2 pissed me off.

Staff warned by their local council not to drape England flags from office windows during the last World Cup - in case it offended those supporting other teams.

A magistrate who, when considering a publican's request for an extra hour's drinking, ruled that St George's Day was not "a special occasion" - even though the publican had not encountered any such problem with a similar request for the Chinese Year of the Goat

And incase anyone is wondering;no i'm not racist just proud to be English.

Edited by justin sane

I would have spat in her face and hit her over the head with heaviest book to hand.

Doubt a copy of Bizarre Dwarves would have done her much damage like.

This Bizarre dwarf will be doing some damage to you if you keep the wise craic's up, Nimrod.

Staff warned by their local council not to drape England flags from office windows during the last World Cup - in case it offended those supporting other teams.

A magistrate who, when considering a publican's request for an extra hour's drinking, ruled that St George's Day was not "a special occasion" - even though the publican had not encountered any such problem with a similar request for the Chinese Year of the Goat

To be fair though regardless of which team or country it does look pretty shit when houses/offices etc have flags/colours etc hanging from them... ;)

how about this one

Does she let her 7 year old believe in Santa? :icon_lol:

There should be a test before people are allowed to breed. :scratchhead:

To be fair though regardless of which team or country it does look pretty shit when houses/offices etc have flags/colours etc hanging from them... :)

That's the whole of the USA. ;)

how about this one

So I gather she doesn't let her watch anything disney either then, cos everyones either an orphan or their parents die in that stuff!

how about this one

lass comes into work yesterday and was discussing a book that her 7 year old had been given to bring home from school to read. She said she thought it was unsuitable reading material so had taken it back to the school and complained and so had a number of other parents. I asked what the book was and she replied " The Little Matchgirl" :victory: Yes it was the fairytale book ...I was slightly taken aback so I asked her why it was unsuitable reading ..she said "because she dies in it " . I explained the story saying that it was ok because her Grandmother comes down to take her soul up to heaven where she can be warm and happy and she replied " yes but I am not religious"...wtf has that got to do with it...it's a fairytale ffs !!!

I asked her what would happen if the bairns grandma or Granda died where would she tell her child they had gone...she replied ...with a straight face may I add " Heaven" :scratchhead:

no freakin wonder kids are all either soft shites or loony tunes nowadays with parents like this on the loose :icon_lol:

So I gather she doesn't let her watch anything disney either then, cos everyones either an orphan or their parents die in that stuff!

Bambi!! I'm still traumatised by that shooting; every time I go hunting I can never hit anyfuckinthing :angry: :angry: It's not fair!!! ;):)

how about this one

lass comes into work yesterday and was discussing a book that her 7 year old had been given to bring home from school to read. She said she thought it was unsuitable reading material so had taken it back to the school and complained and so had a number of other parents. I asked what the book was and she replied " The Little Matchgirl" :victory: Yes it was the fairytale book ...I was slightly taken aback so I asked her why it was unsuitable reading ..she said "because she dies in it " . I explained the story saying that it was ok because her Grandmother comes down to take her soul up to heaven where she can be warm and happy and she replied " yes but I am not religious"...wtf has that got to do with it...it's a fairytale ffs !!!

I asked her what would happen if the bairns grandma or Granda died where would she tell her child they had gone...she replied ...with a straight face may I add " Heaven" :icon_lol:

no freakin wonder kids are all either soft shites or loony tunes nowadays with parents like this on the loose :angry:

Bambi!! I'm still traumatised by that shooting; every time I go hunting I can never hit anyfuckinthing :angry: :angry: It's not fair!!! ;):)

Look at the lion king too, finding Nemo mum dies, Meet the robinsons he's an orphan, tarzan has no real parents dad hates him, brother bear brothers brother kills is mum, the rescuers is full of kidnap, torture and child slavery, mulans all about sexism and a communist regime, stuart little was brought up in an orphanage when his parents died, bedknobs and broomsticks is fuelling the lets hate germany front, All we need now is to wait for

"Walt Disneys Obama - the true story of a child whose humble roots began in a mud hut in kenya, yet grew to be the most powerful man in the world, God bless America" ( his gran died too didn't she!)

:scratchhead:

how about this one

Christ, I thought this kind of stuff only happened over here.

Lots of the fairytale books have been banned in schools because they're deemed to be too traumatic and violent for kids. Absolute bollocks. I'll be reading them to the fraggle at home then thank you!