Playstation 3 Firmware update 2.60

Jimbo

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/01/20/...re-v260-update/

The PS3 firmware update (v2.60) is designed primarily to enhance the system’s media capabilities. The key feature is a new Photo Gallery application, which delivers a suite of tools for sorting through and displaying your digital photo collection. Digital pictures can be organized in groups according to various criteria, including the camera used to take the photos, the event date and time, colors in the photos, as well as the number, ages, or facial expressions of the people pictured. You can also create slideshows set to music and build photo playlists with an easy-to-use interface. The Photo Gallery application will need to be installed separately from the XMB after you update your PS3’s firmware. To install the Photo Gallery application, go to the Photo section on the XMB, select Photo Gallery and press the X button.

The 2.60 update also includes:

* Guest access to PlayStation Store – This enables non-PlayStation Network members to browse through the storefront to check out the latest games, demos, videos, etc.

* DivX 3.11 support – Videos in this format can now be played on PS3.

I would say I'm 50/50.

At the moment I only really play Fifa 09 and COD5, might pick up Mirrors edge if it's cheap again.

For media my PS3 is kitted out and I like it that way.

In both respects it's better than an Xbox that breaks after a few months anyway.

Oh and how much do they charge for Xbox online?

I would say I'm 50/50.

At the moment I only really play Fifa 09 and COD5, might pick up Mirrors edge if it's cheap again.

For media my PS3 is kitted out and I like it that way.

In both respects it's better than an Xbox that breaks after a few months anyway.

Oh and how much do they charge for Xbox online?

£26 a year... My XBOX hasn't broke either, had it about 2 year.