Feb 4 - New Open Meeting

Tom_NUFC

Just to let you all know that NUSC are arranging another meeting, open to everyone on Wednesday February 4, 7.30pm at the Irish Centre on Gallowgate.

You all know the situation at the club is getting progressively worse/desperate/depressing, and we want to get supporters together to discuss what we -as fans generally, rather than just NUSC should do about it.

We're aware that we have our critics, and we'd like people to come along and tell us (NUSC) what you think - where we're going right, where we're going wrong. It's a desperate time for the club, and a time in which we as fans should be pulling together, because ultimately we all want the same thing from that club.

We're still arranging some of the details, but at this stage we're looking at possibly having a few speakers, and once we finalise what's happening in the meeting, I'll update you again.

Just letting you know it will be taking place, as a couple of these have been organised and announced at quite short notice for a lot of people in the past.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something needs doing like. I cant see what would work other than a mass boycott of the games. I know its been talked to death and people reckon the players dont deserve it etc. But you guarantee every paper in the world would sit up and take notice

Something needs doing like. I cant see what would work other than a mass boycott of the games. I know its been talked to death and people reckon the players dont deserve it etc. But you guarantee every paper in the world would sit up and take notice

As long as the decision comes after the derby, I'm open to the suggestion.

well, we're all for hearing suggestions, we have a few ideas of our own but would like to hear what people think of them and what other people's ideas are.

Edited by Tom_NUFC

As some have said, a boycott of sorts if Premiership safety is secured before the end is a must imo.

I totally & fully understand the idea of, for once, getting a good youth set-up at the club, bringing more young players to the club and un-earthing future gems of football. I get it, and it could potentially be brilliant planning.

But the point is, what kind of enviroment are you bringing these players into? While the manager is bieng led down the garden path, and the first team is fighting relegation with a negative atmosphere around the club, what enviroment are these players in while bieng nurtured along, and developed? Not a very good one, and the chances are that talented young players would be wasted coming to such a mess of an enviroment that nufc is, therefor the 'system' is redundant in a way.

As some have said, a boycott of sorts if Premiership safety is secured before the end is a must imo.

I totally & fully understand the idea of, for once, getting a good youth set-up at the club, bringing more young players to the club and un-earthing future gems of football. I get it, and it could potentially be brilliant planning.

But the point is, what kind of enviroment are you bringing these players into? While the manager is bieng led down the garden path, and the first team is fighting relegation with a negative atmosphere around the club, what enviroment are these players in while bieng nurtured along, and developed? Not a very good one, and the chances are that talented young players would be wasted coming to such a mess of an enviroment that nufc is, therefor the 'system' is redundant in a way.

lifted from nufc.blog ; worth a comment or two

big bopper // Jan 22, 2009 at 5:29 PM

the majority seem to be in agreement that something needs to be done to sort out this mess. NUSC are trying to give fans the opportunity to be an organised and centralised group who can pull together opinions and work for the one thing we all have in common, our love of Newcastle United. what has occurred over the last few months all boils down to the underhand way that KK was treated when manager - thats why we protested in the first place, why the fanzines and .com suggested a supporters club be formed and why some supporters stepped up to the plate and in their own time (and for free), agreed to set up the embryo of our first open supporters club for many years; affiliated to the football supporters federation (FSF) and supporters direct, a body set up by national government to help give supporters a say in the running of their club. All good stuff. If we want to effect change we have to do it together; splinter groups will get us nowhere. at the moment too many are too willing to slag off the supporters club without having any idea of what it is about. you only see the joining fee, immediately convince yourself you are being ripped off and close your eyes and ears to it. some may have ulterior motives; some may not be able to affort the fee. others may think it is ineffective, wont achieve anything or that it is somehow linked to the club and is working in cahoots with them. It isnt.

Unless we give it the opportunity to succeed by supporting its aims it will fail. Then the doubters can say i told you so. Do it from the inside, be part of it, speak with them and see if their aims are the same as yours. The bickering between fans is doing as much harm to the region as Ashley Wise and LLambias’ inaction.

supporters united can and will effect change, influence those in positions who can make change and be a force for good. Disharmony gets us nowhere.

put aside our differences of opinion on policy and mistrust of a bunch of supporters who are just wanting what all of us are striving to see (thats NUFC to again be seen as the best both on and off the field) and rally behind the common cause, be seen to pull together and not concerned by petty playground squabbles concerning their failure to collect any more than £3,000 for a cause that many of our relatives may be afflicted with in the past currently or in the future; or whether this bunch are ripping us all off with our tenners. they aren’t and can’t because they have put in place a process that wont allow this to happen.

For the good of us all and the future direction of our club, unite together. Together we might effect change ; change for good, not bad.

I feel basically Mike Ashley and his team - they're the right ones, He'll take us to, in my view, a new dimension. I'm certain he'll be good for the club or I wouldn't have sold to him.

We've a had a few people come to us - quite a few - but many of them weren't the right ones for the club.

Even if he is quiet, he knows the passion of the fans, he knows how much it means on Tyneside

I've talked to him enough to be assured they've got the passion for the club as we all have.

You can't run a club without being attached to it. You can't run a club without feeling for it because it is about people, it's about the passion of the people. He knows the supporters are passionate.

;)

Boycoutt the Metrocentre.

Seriously though,

this is the chance for those that want to do something to do it, its not a members meeting, its not a recruitment drive (although there will be no complaints if people do join up). Its a chance for all aspects of NUFC fans to come together and decide on a collective way forward. Whether that way be boycotts, marches, silences or for that matter a letter of support to the owners. We come together, thrash out the agreed way forward and then work together, NUSC, websites, blogs, fanzines, forums etc all joining up to do something big.

Its also a chance to have your moan, those that have sat and argued the toss about the NUSC, you quite understandably have your reasons, your beliefs whatever. This is your chance to make them heard and get answers.

As for those that cant make it, those at work or the many of you that live outside of Toon (and no Stevie I dont mean Gatesheeeed) I am looking into a way to get you participating too. All NUFC fans views are valid, all are welcome.

The bit in todays Sun basically had it spot on.

Dont goto games, its the only way Ashley will hear

Then that needs to be raised at the meeting and voted on, get a solid agreement across the board. Otherwise all we'll have is that bloke from that other site sitting at home on a Saturday afternoon.

I dont agree with it but if its whats decided then I go along with that. Personally Id prefer the idea of the silent treatment, or the entire ground pulling out a paper at kick off and reading that. All wearing black. Those sort of things to me make statements, Not going to the game can be put down to apathy or fickle fans. Going and showing our dissatisfaction in a visible way is different.

The bit in todays Sun basically had it spot on.

Dont goto games, its the only way Ashley will hear

Then that needs to be raised at the meeting and voted on, get a solid agreement across the board. Otherwise all we'll have is that bloke from that other site sitting at home on a Saturday afternoon.

I dont agree with it but if its whats decided then I go along with that. Personally Id prefer the idea of the silent treatment, or the entire ground pulling out a paper at kick off and reading that. All wearing black. Those sort of things to me make statements, Not going to the game can be put down to apathy or fickle fans. Going and showing our dissatisfaction in a visible way is different.

I quite like that idea, however it would be a hard one to acheive.

All wearing black.

I like that one.

Newcastle United's Funeral.

Fans mourn the state of the club.

No white because there's no light.

Wise's Wake.

Dark days under Mike Ashley.

etc.

etc.

NICE

Someone could make a coffin and its walked round the stadium!

I don't get why people keep wanking on about this youth policy? How do we know that these kids from relativley average footballing nations are any good? I would be surprised if even one of them ends up being an average premiership player, do people seriously think that Dennis fucking Wise knows something that Man Utd, Chelsea, Barcelona, AC Milan and so forth are missing out on? If these prospects were any good we wouldn't be the only ones after them.

So when the players need all of the fans behind them to lift them out of the shit NUSC suggests we boycott.

You really couldn't make it up.

Oh look Baggio logging into toontastic in the dead of night and slagging off people who actually want to help the club before it's all too fucking late!

We don't even have to make it up.

Seriously how do you not feel the guilt for backing these cunts as they tear us asunder

The easiest protest to coordinate is to get the crowd to turn their backs on the field. The cameras would go ape covering it, whereas a lot of the protests mentioned so far require people to organise themselves prior to the game.

As much as it would pain me because I get to SJP only once in a blue moon, if a turn your back protest was organised for the games we are going to in the next couple of months, then turning our back we will be.

So when the players need all of the fans behind them to lift them out of the shit NUSC suggests we boycott.

Well funnily enough you've managed to make it up, thick fuck.

and where do you get the idea that theyre calling for a boycott ?

theyre calling a meeting so that fans, including yourself can stand up and give their opinion

Baggio; come along in your i love mike ashley t shirt and have your say

;):) He's easily one of the stupidest arseholes I've ever come across.

;):) He's easily one of the stupidest arseholes I've ever come across.

Why does Baggio spout so much rubbish? Where does it say that NUSC calls for a boycott? You are right Baggio, you could not make it up, your'e just not that bright!

Turn up to the meeting and have your say, take the democratic approach!

The perfect opportunity for the messageboard loudmouths to have their say out in the real world but we all know they wont. The kids board is full of these types, full of bravado when they're sitting at home putting the world to rights but too cowardly to show their faces. Amongst the worst are the admins, moderators and article writers, tossers