Feb 4 - New Open Meeting

Tom_NUFC

Its safe to say, even IF we stay up, as long as MA is in charge of the club and sticking to his policy of balancing the books every window, I wont be renewing my season ticket

Like I said, don't worry about it man.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hows about a sit in? It's simple, it allows people to get behind the team for 90 minutes and even though it might not have the gravitas of some radical protest that Sky can pick up on if enough people do it it'll soon fuck off the rozzers and stewards.

Oh, and i'm now officially a member of NUSC so the next time Baggio comes on i'll windmill the cunt :(

Hows about a sit in? It's simple, it allows people to get behind the team for 90 minutes and even though it might not have the gravitas of some radical protest that Sky can pick up on if enough people do it it'll soon fuck off the rozzers and stewards.

Oh, and i'm now officially a member of NUSC so the next time Baggio comes on i'll windmill the cunt :(

welcome aboard :icon_lol:

did you need new glasses n'all? :rolleyes:

im not wanting to get into a slagging match here but if you analyse the Mike Ashley's statement and the look at the audited accounts of Earnst and Young they do show that what he said was not lying. What exactly are the reasons for the protests?

What are the facts of the protests, like if you were producing a court document what would be labelled against him based on evidence etc im not trying to be contraversial just trying to understand the views a bit better.

"Like any business with assets the club has debts. I paid £134 million out of my own pocket for the club. I then poured another £110 million into the club not to pay off the debt but just to reduce it.

The club is still in debt. Even worse than that, the club still owes millions of pounds in transfer fees. I shall be paying out many more millions over the coming year to pay for players bought by the club before I arrived. But there was a double whammy. Commercial deals such as sponsorships and advertising had been front loaded. The money had been paid upfront and spent. I was left with a club that owed millions and part of whose future had been mortgaged.

Unless I had come into the club then it might not have survived. It could have shared the fate of other clubs who have borrowed too heavily against their future. Before I had spent a penny on wages or buying players Newcastle United had cost me more than a quarter of a billion pounds.

I knew that the club would cost me money every year after I had bought it. I have backed the club with money. You can see that from the fact that Newcastle has the fifth highest wage bill in the Premier League. I was always prepared to bank roll Newcastle up to the tune of £20 million per year but no more. That was my bargain. I would make the club solvent. I would make it a going concern.

I would pour up to £20 million a year into the club and not expect anything back. It has to be realised that if I put £100 million into the club year in year out then it would not be too long before I was cleaned out and a debt ridden Newcastle United would find itself in the position that faced Leeds United.

That is the nightmare for every fan. To love a club that overextends itself, that tries to spend what it can't afford.

My plan and my strategy for Newcastle is different. It has to be. Arsenal is the shining example in England of a sustainable business model. It takes time. It can't be done overnight. Newcastle has therefore set up an extensive scouting system. We look for young players, for players in foreign leagues who everyone does not know about. We try and stay ahead of the competition. We search high and low looking for value, for potential that we can bring on and for players who will allow Newcastle to compete at the very highest level but who don't cost the earth.

This is a long term plan. A long term plan for the future of the club so that it can flourish.

Also one of the reasons that the club was so in debt when I took over was due to transfer dealings caused by managers moving in and out of the club. Every time there was a change in manager millions would be spent on new players and millions would be lost as players were sold. It can't keep on working like that. It is just madness.

I have put Newcastle on a sound financial footing. It is reducing its debt. It is spending within itself. It is recruiting exciting new players and bringing in players for the future."

I do understand why we havent spend as much now like, and you cant get away from the fact wages are a killer. And like I've said, I think its refreshing to see the youth side of things shaping up for once, and I can understand where Ashley is coming from. I can see the pro's & cons of Ashley. But I'll be cynical for a bit and look at the flip side...

Why dont we know what our chairman sounds like? Why has there never been any interviews what-so-ever from Wise, Llambias & Ashley for that matter, in amongst the chaos & worry surrounding the club? Unless their voice-boxes are broke, its in-excusable and a total piss take to the fans, the customers.

Why demand KK is not to talk to the media about transfers, why?

Why say no-one will sign unless Kevin wants him & then merley state he agreed to 'the system' in response to KK's accusation? That could be legal reasons, but why not state how much power Wise has now, in the present?

Why does the manager have to educate the board about football for them to know we are in danger?

Why offer, or even discuss, a two year contract for Kinnear after 4 wins from 17?

Why does it take a request from the manager for the 'chairman' to do things the manager think will help us in the transfer window?

If Llambias has to be dragged up to meetings by Kinnear to be educated about football then please, after the transfer window, bugger off & never come back. This man should not be at the club, and I'd rather he didnt suddenly RELUCTANTLY start to try & do his job, I'd rather he didnt and just left asap.

The total & utter contempt these people have treated the fans with is unforgivable, and I dont see why I should believe they didnt treat Keegan any differently.

In a way the defeaning silence has been more revealing than the accounts imo.

How easy would it have been to avoid the total silence? Its so unavoidable, it says so much that they cant be arsed to just simply come in front of a camera and talk to the fans, its disgraceful treatment, and if they really cared they'd at least get that right.

Dosent it reveal everything about their attitude towards the supporters? I bet if they were coming out saying 'the fans shouldnt be complaining, geordies are idiots & w*nkers etc' they'd get even more critisism, but because its the other end of the scale - but pretty much just as disgraceful - its not picked up on as much, but its the same two fingers up at us.

If the case is you cant judge Ashley's ambition by signings because of money bieng tight, then fair do's. Where we can judge his ambition is which manager he wants to appoint, and talking about a 2 year contract for Kinnear screams zero ambition.

Is it because he is (hopefully in their eyes) a yes man? Preying on the fact he's desparate to be in work, and chuffed to be at Newcastle?

If the structure with Wise etc is perfectly acceptable, then why not show that by getting a better manager in?

My plan and my strategy for Newcastle is different. It has to be. Arsenal is the shining example in England of a sustainable business model. It takes time. It can't be done overnight. Newcastle has therefore set up an extensive scouting system. We look for young players, for players in foreign leagues who everyone does not know about. We try and stay ahead of the competition. We search high and low looking for value, for potential that we can bring on and for players who will allow Newcastle to compete at the very highest level but who don't cost the earth.

Arsene Wenger vs Joe Kinnear and a bunch of young spanish shit???

Aston Villa are an example of copying Wenger for footballing results, they buy top young talent, english talent (we sell it).

Wenger sold the deadwood and bought youth throughout his Arsenal days. Why have we bought players who inevitably turned into deadwood and we've spent millions on foreign youth that have hoplessly flopped, spanish under 21s my arse, they barely ever got a game for the spanish under 21s, it was like signing Andy Surman for £6m.

Our model is nothing like Arsenals. We have to clear the deadwood and invest heavily in quality youth for the first team, not 16 year old Slovakian's.

Obviously i bet taking £12m for Milner made Ashley rub his hands at this Arsenal-esq approach, but to blow it the way we have disgusts me.

im not wanting to get into a slagging match here but if you analyse the Mike Ashley's statement and the look at the audited accounts of Earnst and Young they do show that what he said was not lying. What exactly are the reasons for the protests?

What are the facts of the protests, like if you were producing a court document what would be labelled against him based on evidence etc im not trying to be contraversial just trying to understand the views a bit better.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...mp;hl=mike+Lies

Nasri £15.8m

Wiltord £13m

Hleb £11.8m

Reyes £10.5m

VanBronckhorst £8.5m

Eduardo £7.5m

Adebayor £7m

Rosicky £6.8m

Let the good times roll Michael! :(

I expect it's been said elsewhere but this comparison with Arsenal is totally superficial.

Firstly you need a Wenger type character at its head PLUS an extensive scouting system - it's well documented that Wenger has a huge amount of contacts, especially in French football where a lot of the best African talent starts out, which brings players to his attention. We have Joe Kinnear and Dennis Wise, draw your own conclusions. I couldn't see us signing Vieira from AC Milan or wherever it was for instance.

Secondly, Arsenal were still a top club when he took over and being based in London is an attractive draw for young and older players alike, especially foreigners who can find plenty of home comforts in the big smoke. The toon doesn't have the cultural diversity of London of course but my sense is we've never as a club been professional about helping foreign players settle in, like Man Utd say.

Thirdly, Wenger didn't take over at Arsenal and spend nothing on the first team, as per the good doctor's post above they've invested heavily in certain areas notably in attackers and wide players. This without considering someone like Bergkamp, whose wages would have been hefty (and worht every penny). Wenger was lucky enough to inherit the best defence in English football, whereas our squad is crap from top to bottom, particularly in the wide positions including defence.

Fourthly, there's nothing to suggest young talent will flourish at our club. It hasn't in the past, we've been very good at taking young players and ruining their careers (Viana anyone?). We can sign as many 16 year olds as we like but we have to turn them into first teamers and bring them through. I haven't noticed too many starlets getting a chance in the first team but we'll have to see on that one. My point is, just signing these guys doesn't make us like Arsenal - until we have a Fabregas or Van Persie playing in the first team, it hasn't actually saved us any money at all.

Guest Eleven Donkeys
:(

I'm not trying to take the mick, but what could the supporters do over the summer that would be more of an impact than during the season???

I agree, but we have to wait until our fate this season has been sealed. Acting any earlier will confuse the issue.

:(

I'm not trying to take the mick, but what could the supporters do over the summer that would be more of an impact than during the season???

I agree, but we have to wait until our fate this season has been sealed. Acting any earlier will confuse the issue.

WTF are you on about. The press wont give 2 hoots about us once we are in the championship, if we manage to fluke staying up this season then we have the next 6 months off the back of this to sort out this mess and bring someone in who actually wants to be at the club. There are no issues to confuse man

Guest Eleven Donkeys

It’s not the press I’m worried about.

You’ve probably noticed some of our own number are less than convinced NUSC are worth the effort. Many supporters mistakenly think NUSC can’t spell boycott and fear the damage protesting might inflict. They can’t decide if NUSC is the real deal or a bull in china shop.

I’m all for match boycotts. It’s the quickest and least painful way to get Ashley to sell up at the market rate, but there’s no way NUSC could organise an effective one now, if ever. Like SBR day, timing is everything?

Edited by Eleven Donkeys

What about a black armband?

I was thinking exactly along those lines myself

Again you are expecting people to organise themselves and remebering to bring one.

Turning your back on the game, requires no extra thought than just being there.

Do it for the first 15 minutes only if need be but it is simple to organise and effective.

Well yeah, that's a fair point, if we could get everybody - or at least a large number of people to do it, the effect would be great, but there are problems in getting a large number of people to do it.

Something like turning your back on the game, arriving a few mins late, staying silent for a certain period etc might work better. It's bound to be discussed at the meeting, so hopefully we can arrange something.

As for boycotting a game, I'm not dismissing it out of hand, and it would certainly create a lot of attention, but I think we should be at games supporting the team. We're in a relegation battle, and I think it's time to be supporting the players out on the pitch.

Edited by Tom_NUFC