Feb 4 - New Open Meeting

Tom_NUFC

Its called throwing ideas around, brainstorming, toss an idea onto the table and then see how it evolves.

This is why I don't go to NUSC meetings! peasepud and his incessant management speak!

Im sure if you just touched base with us once or twice then we could get some good thought showers going.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its called throwing ideas around, brainstorming, toss an idea onto the table and then see how it evolves.

This is why I don't go to NUSC meetings! peasepud and his incessant management speak!

:(

Pud loves Hoisting things up the flagpole to see who salutes.

The next home game after the meeting is two and a half weeks later against Everton on Sky. Plenty of time to publicise whatever action is decided on and have it noticed by a wide audience.

I'll gladly stay in the pub for it.

See, you half joked there but just missing the game isnt a visible protest however filling the pubs with "sit ins" would be, banners out of windows, every bar full etc etc. Im sure if organised right you could get pubs to put specials on, lay on food, reduced price beer maybe to anyone with a season ticket that sort of thing.

The next home game after the meeting is two and a half weeks later against Everton on Sky. Plenty of time to publicise whatever action is decided on and have it noticed by a wide audience.

See, you half joked there but just missing the game isnt a visible protest however filling the pubs with "sit ins" would be, banners out of windows, every bar full etc etc. Im sure if organised right you could get pubs to put specials on, lay on food, reduced price beer maybe to anyone with a season ticket that sort of thing.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=570840

:rolleyes:

Feel free to forward my opinions. As much as I dislike them id rather the NUSC was made up of people like Wacky and Stevie who I know wouldnt fanny about when the club is facing its worst season in almost 3 decades. boycotting the match was discussed back when KK left when we were in no imminent danger. 5 months later when we are in dire straits its been downgraded to wearing a black t shirt. You arent in the real world if you honestly think thats going to make the slightest bit of difference to anyone at the club

Boycotting should be done if we achieve Premiership safety, heck aye maybe even now, but like someone said, its just throwing idea's around. I take your point about something radical, and I basically agree on the whole, but your knocking people who are trying to get things done.

To do it properly though there would need to be a lot of organisation to:

1 - Promote it correctly. A lot of people at the match dont frequent forums so leaflets, press coverage etc would be essential. As would be reminding people not to go to the pub and handover their ticket to a mate.

2 - The reasons behind it. We cant just boycott a match cos were shit. We need to have a unified reason or reasons.

-My suggestions would be to call for Ashley to put the club back on the market as we dont want him, Wise or Llambias anywhere near the club with their current attitude to transfers etc.

-Maybe against JFK for his ridiculous actions both on and off the pitch. 3 misconduct charges etc. making a mockery of the club and setting the worst possible example for the players and fans.

-The thread on here of all his ridiculous statements about dates of announcments, the club being sold, players we are signing etc. should be made into a dossier and sent to as many people as possible

-I wouldnt have any qualms about mentioning the players and their attitude. At the end of it all they are the reason we are where we are in the league, for the likes of Owen, Nzogbia etc to then turn around and say they want to leave is nothing short of disgraceful imo

1 - Promote it correctly. A lot of people at the match dont frequent forums so leaflets, press coverage etc would be essential. As would be reminding people not to go to the pub and handover their ticket to a mate.

2 - The reasons behind it. We cant just boycott a match cos were shit. We need to have a unified reason or reasons.

-My suggestions would be to call for Ashley to put the club back on the market as we dont want him, Wise or Llambias anywhere near the club with their current attitude to transfers etc.

-Maybe against JFK for his ridiculous actions both on and off the pitch. 3 misconduct charges etc. making a mockery of the club and setting the worst possible example for the players and fans.

-The thread on here of all his ridiculous statements about dates of announcments, the club being sold, players we are signing etc. should be made into a dossier and sent to as many people as possible

-I wouldnt have any qualms about mentioning the players and their attitude. At the end of it all they are the reason we are where we are in the league, for the likes of Owen, Nzogbia etc to then turn around and say they want to leave is nothing short of disgraceful imo

And I agree, which is where the much maligned NUSC comes in, the organisation would be taken on by them, creation and distribution of leaflets would come down under their costs, their responsibility to develop and distribute etc. I dont think leaflets however would be the answer (although they may be needed for stragglers) as if people are already outside SJP and ready to go in then they're unlikely to turn around and go to the pub. We would need to get people into the mindset of missing the game way before the day.

The not handing ticket over to a mate would be a difficult one although I think offering cheaper drink packages on production of your ST would definitely help.

The not handing ticket over to a mate would be a difficult one although I think offering cheaper drink packages on production of your ST would definitely help.

Maybe, but important nontheless as it defeats the purpose of the whole excercise

Maybe, but important nontheless as it defeats the purpose of the whole excercise

Totally 100% agree but what I mean is that unless we actually go out and buy peoples STs off them for the day then its difficult to stop Joe Bloggs thinking that he cant really afford to go to the pub for two hours unless he sells his ticket to someone for 20notes so hes got beer money.

The bit in bold is the most important bit imo. And I dont think anyone else should be brought into it apart from the board/owner. Maybe bring Kinnear into it in terms of offering him a 2 year contract showing a lack of ambition & credibility to the role.

But it needs to be clear & precise, and bringing everyone into could potentially look like 'we're just shit team and cant be arsed anymore'.

The players havent done well, but the regime is accountable aswell for the poor season aswell because we failed to get any cover for both full back positions, and a centre midfielder; what Keegan was asking for. Its not easy obviously, but surley the 5.5m spent on Xisco could have raked in a full-back or two?

Obviously if we had a better manager I think we'd make better use of the current players anyway, but again, the board are the ones who want him long term - he's just a sympton, not the cause.

Guest Eleven Donkeys

NUSC may as well take a back seat for a while. The fall in ST sales next season will speak far more eloquently than they can atm.

Edited by Eleven Donkeys

Guest Eleven Donkeys
Id rather do something about it 'before' we get relegated tbh

So would I KD but there’s nowt we can do. Even if Ashley has a change of heart and gets the cheque book out nobody worth their salt will come to SJP. The failings of the summer can’t be fixed this season, the horse has well and truly bolted. All supporters can do is pray we stay up.

Come the summer however it’ll all be very different. Then supporters will have an opportunity to teach Ashley a lesson he isn’t going to forget.

Edited by Eleven Donkeys

I'm not trying to take the mick, but what could the supporters do over the summer that would be more of an impact than during the season???

I think a huge reduction in ST sales and the like will prove that theres a problem. Personally though I'd prefer to kick it off beforehand, that way we have a chance of him coming to his senses in time to plan things properly pre-season.

So would I KD but there’s nowt we can do. Even if Ashley has a change of heart and gets the cheque book out nobody worth their salt will come to SJP. The failings of the summer can’t be fixed this season, the horse has well and truly bolted. All supporters can do is pray we stay up.

Come the summer however it’ll all be very different. Then supporters will have an opportunity to teach Ashley a lesson he isn’t going to forget.

But you've got to keep in prespective that money is tight, and the accounts show it is more understandble why he has been reluctant to splash much money.

Guest Eleven Donkeys

I'm not trying to take the mick, but what could the supporters do over the summer that would be more of an impact than during the season???

Not renew their Season Tickets.

Guest Eleven Donkeys

But you've got to keep in prespective that money is tight, and the accounts show it is more understandble why he has been reluctant to splash much money.

The accounts show that the club needed to tighten it’s belt not have a gastric band fitted.

I see... I was under the impression that was a given and you were implying that there was going to be something else...

I see... I was under the impression that was a given and you were implying that there was going to be something else...

i hope we all agree that we need to do something; need to organise ourselves and need to be seen doing something. Big demos, small gestures, humiliation of the SJP cabal of wise, llambias and ultimately as Ashley.

come out fighting; try everything and anything to keep the problems we have with them in the media.

the most important thing as i see it is that we do this together; supporters united behind a common cause.

militants like kid dynamite have a place to sit at the table, so too do PP and his management speak; why; because we are all geordies, all fans and all wanting positive change.

i honesty think if we stay united we can achieve something. we show a united front, dont show the cabal we are together and that they dont own the soul of NUFC. we do

Its safe to say, even IF we stay up, as long as MA is in charge of the club and sticking to his policy of balancing the books every window, I wont be renewing my season ticket

just realised my typo; obviously i meant that we show the cabal at NUFC that we are together and united.

i hate technology me; bring back the biro !

I've got to go to the Everton game. A toffee mate of mine drove me down to Goodison and paid for my ticket back in October. I'm repaying the favour :rolleyes:

im not wanting to get into a slagging match here but if you analyse the Mike Ashley's statement and the look at the audited accounts of Earnst and Young they do show that what he said was not lying. What exactly are the reasons for the protests?

What are the facts of the protests, like if you were producing a court document what would be labelled against him based on evidence etc im not trying to be contraversial just trying to understand the views a bit better.

"Like any business with assets the club has debts. I paid £134 million out of my own pocket for the club. I then poured another £110 million into the club not to pay off the debt but just to reduce it.

The club is still in debt. Even worse than that, the club still owes millions of pounds in transfer fees. I shall be paying out many more millions over the coming year to pay for players bought by the club before I arrived. But there was a double whammy. Commercial deals such as sponsorships and advertising had been front loaded. The money had been paid upfront and spent. I was left with a club that owed millions and part of whose future had been mortgaged.

Unless I had come into the club then it might not have survived. It could have shared the fate of other clubs who have borrowed too heavily against their future. Before I had spent a penny on wages or buying players Newcastle United had cost me more than a quarter of a billion pounds.

I knew that the club would cost me money every year after I had bought it. I have backed the club with money. You can see that from the fact that Newcastle has the fifth highest wage bill in the Premier League. I was always prepared to bank roll Newcastle up to the tune of £20 million per year but no more. That was my bargain. I would make the club solvent. I would make it a going concern.

I would pour up to £20 million a year into the club and not expect anything back. It has to be realised that if I put £100 million into the club year in year out then it would not be too long before I was cleaned out and a debt ridden Newcastle United would find itself in the position that faced Leeds United.

That is the nightmare for every fan. To love a club that overextends itself, that tries to spend what it can't afford.

My plan and my strategy for Newcastle is different. It has to be. Arsenal is the shining example in England of a sustainable business model. It takes time. It can't be done overnight. Newcastle has therefore set up an extensive scouting system. We look for young players, for players in foreign leagues who everyone does not know about. We try and stay ahead of the competition. We search high and low looking for value, for potential that we can bring on and for players who will allow Newcastle to compete at the very highest level but who don't cost the earth.

This is a long term plan. A long term plan for the future of the club so that it can flourish.

Also one of the reasons that the club was so in debt when I took over was due to transfer dealings caused by managers moving in and out of the club. Every time there was a change in manager millions would be spent on new players and millions would be lost as players were sold. It can't keep on working like that. It is just madness.

I have put Newcastle on a sound financial footing. It is reducing its debt. It is spending within itself. It is recruiting exciting new players and bringing in players for the future."