Fedor Emelianenko

Kid Dynamite

For those who thought MMA is all about the UFC, it isnt. Fedor would walk through any of their fighters and is easily the best fighter weve seen since Tyson in his prime. This is a documentary shown about him prior to his fight this saturday

Fedor is the best heavyweight in the world at the moment without doubt, anyone who knows anything about mma knows that.

Pound for pound is an interesting one though. There are good fighters in the UFC, Bj Penn, GSP, Anderson Silva to name 3 who could be pound for pound as good as Fedor regardless of who they are under contract to. Theres talk of a Randy COuture and Fedor match, but Dana will not pay the wages Fedor wants, so we wont see that, Fedor would likely smash through every Light heavyweight /heavyweight in the ufc. Brock Lesnar would not stand a chance.

Fedor is the best heavyweight in the world at the moment without doubt, anyone who knows anything about mma knows that.

Pound for pound is an interesting one though. There are good fighters in the UFC, Bj Penn, GSP, Anderson Silva to name 3 who could be pound for pound as good as Fedor regardless of who they are under contract to. Theres talk of a Randy COuture and Fedor match, but Dana will not pay the wages Fedor wants, so we wont see that, Fedor would likely smash through every Light heavyweight /heavyweight in the ufc. Brock Lesnar would not stand a chance.

To be fair the last time they talked, before Coutures walkout, the sticking point was Fedor just wanting one fight (with Couture) and to bring his own entourage of fighters. Hardly good business for the UFC. If they'd have been able to tie him down for a a multi-fight deal then I reckon they would have him. Why would it matter who he'd bulldoze? He'd be doing it on their PPV's and earning them a lot of cash. Should be interesting what happens after his next fight and the (probable) demise of Afflictions foray into MMA PPV's. It means there's one less promotion that can give him a big pay day.

Dana white is claiming Fedor is afraid of ufc and is also not the worlds best to try and get him into the ufc for a lower price, look at what affliction pays, Tim Silvia got 900'000 for being knocked out in record time by Fedor. Ufc fighters get aaround 50k for a big fight.

And Alex, I think we'd all be nails with a name like that ;)

Affliction pay very well. Probably the reason why they won't be able to do many (if any) more PPV's after this weekend. They'll go back to hawking expensive tat that passes for t-shirts. Isn't Whites latest guff a continuation of sniping from M1's statement last November?

Dana white is claiming Fedor is afraid of ufc and is also not the worlds best to try and get him into the ufc for a lower price, look at what affliction pays, Tim Silvia got 900'000 for being knocked out in record time by Fedor. Ufc fighters get aaround 50k for a big fight.

And Alex, I think we'd all be nails with a name like that ;)

Liddell, GSP are getting nearer $1mil per fight. Unfortunately the hundred or so other fighters get nowhere near that much. I think Couture/Fedor is a dead duck now after his loss to Lesnar. The main fight has got to be Lesnar/Fedor unless Mir causes an upset.

Looks like Overeem is signing for the UFC too which could be a decent fight for Fedor

That would be the biggest superfight out there and regardless of Fedors wage demands, if they marketed it correctly everyone involved could make a fortune out of it. Dana's thinking that his prize fighter wont be the bug draw anymore if he gets murdered by fedor though. Look at how the L.Heavyweight division went after Liddell got knocked out

Fedor would destroy lesnar, take a look at the pride vids of Fedor vs that huge chinese guy (forget his name) its incredible.

Yes I think the poster boys of the ufc do get good fight purses, but the majority get a pitance in comparison, hes a good businessman is Dana White you have to give him that.

* I think there may also be a link between silly names and hard bastards in the ufc..

Forest griffin, Randy Couture, Brock Lesnar, Wanderlei Silva, BJ Penn, Rashad Evans....any wonder ?

He was losing up until then. Watched the whole event on Bravo last night. Tito Ortiz spoiled the whole thing for me.

- Laughing and singing while Lindland was being attended to by the medics

- Telling Belfort he was one of the best lightheavyweights of the night (Im guessing he meant in the world as there were only 2 on the night :()

- Telling Fedor he was pound for pound, the best heavyweight in the world. (We know hes the best heavyweight, i think he meant he was the best pound for pound fighter in the world)

- That horrific fifties brown suit he was wearing

Also, the payouts have been released. $1.5million for Arlovski and $300,000 for Fedor apparently :rolleyes: In reality Fedor probably took home 3 times what Arlovski did