Oscars

Happy Face

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hurt Locker? I must have missed something. It was nothing more than 'okay' really.

As for the diatribe from the bloke which HF posted: maybe he should be making or watching documentaries, as movies don't always reflect real life so I'm told.

How smart is Kathryn Bigelow? What is she 57 or something? I'd love to have a bash!

You feel like adding "for her age" when you see her then realise it doesn't matter.

Seems like the apex of rubber necking; back slapping, coke snorting, pampered yanks giving ultimate praise to a film about their unjust, ongoing war.

Mind you, I'm not much of a movie fan and I've not seen this film, so I should STFU tbh.

Hurt Locker cleans up and Avatar gets a few technical wards, I didn't expect that.

really?

I thought I thought it was fairly well known that the oscars and scifi dont mix too well

Well, the Americans were never going to vote for the film that was anti-imperialistic were they? :lol:

Not when it was absolute gash, no.

I've not seen that either, so previous rule applies.

Well, the Americans were never going to vote for the film that was anti-imperialistic were they? :lol:

Far more inclined to vote for the Iraq film where Americans are the victims.

Avatar's more realistic tbh :blush:

I really enjoyed the Hurt Locker. Everyone's obviously going to be talking about it now like so I might change my opinion. :lol:

You did say it was really good a while ago tbf :blush:

I said it first. :blush:

You never like

Jonny said it in August last year. Then Jimbo, then Donald Stott, then you in October

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...ite=hurt+locker

:jonas:

I had no idea if I said it first or not, but there was no way I was going to be sad enough to trawl through that thread and check. :lol:

The seconds it took to do a search on "hurt locker" with results by ascending post was well worth it to make sure you were blahn oot :jonas:

I said it first. :jonas:

You never like

Jonny said it in August last year. Then Jimbo, then Donald Stott, then you in October

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...ite=hurt+locker

:jonas:

I had no idea if I said it first or not, but there was no way I was going to be sad enough to trawl through that thread and check. :lol:

The seconds it took to do a search on "hurt locker" with results by ascending post was well worth it to make sure you were blahn oot :jonas:

Whatever makes you happy mate. :blush:

• 10 months later...

The nominations are in....

British movie The King's Speech leads the nominations for this year's Academy Awards with 12 nods, including best film and best actor for Colin Firth.

Firth has been nominated for his role as stammering King George VI while Helena Bonham Carter and Geoffrey Rush are up for best supporting actors.

Western True Grit, about a girl's quest to track down her father's killer has 10. The Social Network has eight.

More to follow....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12274205

Not seen any of those 3 yet.

Inception has 8 too though....and i think that's the best film i saw all year.

Edited by Happy Face