SSN: Hull sign Jimmy Bullard

Jimbo

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im annoyed at this, we should of been knockin on the door, and to say HULL FUCKIN CITY are gonna get him rubs salt into the wounds.

Disapointing. Experienced premiership player, good passer, hits a good shot, and great set peice taker which we are crying out for.

Yeah, but why bid £5mil for a proven good player when we can hoy a bid in for some fictional African weve never heard of and hope they accept it by the end of the window?

FYP

Im annoyed at this, we should of been knockin on the door, and to say HULL FUCKIN CITY are gonna get him rubs salt into the wounds.

Disapointing. Experienced premiership player, good passer, hits a good shot, and great set peice taker which we are crying out for.

At first glance, this seems like a player we should be going for. However, something's wrong somewhere. The obvious, to me, club for him to go to would be Wigan (on a par with Hull, size-wise) as they have £5m spare and are now looking for that type of midfielder; they're also safe in the league so Bullard would have no fears of a relegation battle. Hmmmm

He's 29 or 30, therefore no sell-on profit, therefore fatty won't pay for him. Forget it.

I suggested him in the summer on N-O and was mocked that he was beneath the sort of standard NUFC expects.

How times change.

Aye but it's full of 12 year olds on there who think Keegan is a wanker and Ashley is fantastic.

£5mill is too much money for a player who if he leaves will either be for alot less than what we bought him for, or for nothing.

The joys of Mike Ashley's NUFC

Edited by Lister

£5mill is too much money for a player who if he leaves will either be for alot less than what we bought him for, or for nothing.

The joys of Mike Ashley's NUFC

Aye, too expensive for us. ;)

Hull City have confirmed the signing of midfielder Jimmy Bullard for a club-record fee of £5m from Fulham.

The 30-year-old has completed formalities and is expected to be paraded before the fans ahead of the FA Cup tie with Millwall.

Tigers boss Phil Brown said: "The support mechanism that the chairman has provided for me as a new manager in the Premier League is fantastic."

Meanwhile, on-loan defender Kamil Zayatte has signed a three-year deal.

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson had been resigned to losing Bullard, but is satisfied with the £5m fee that has been agreed.

He said: "It's disappointing to lose Jimmy. We said all along that we'd like to keep all of our players but the possibility of Jimmy leaving has been there all the time.

"He's been seeking the type of contract we couldn't give him. I congratulate Hull and Jimmy on getting the contract he wanted.

"It wasn't just wage demands prompting Jimmy to go, but the length of contract too.

"He's 31 this year and we didn't feel able to provide him with the contract he wanted. The transfer fee that has been negotiated is suitable for a player of his age. I thank Jimmy for the year of work he did under me."

Bullard had been the subject of a £5m bid from Bolton last week, but the move failed to go through.

Brown said: "It's shown everyone of how serious, one, Paul Duffen (Hull City chairman), two, Phil Brown and three Hull City is to the Premier League campaign."

The former Wigan midfielder was out of contract at Fulham at the end of the 2009/10 season.

Hull agreed a fee of about £2.5m with Swiss club Young Boys of Berne for 23-year-old Guinea defender Zayatte earlier in the season and he has now accepted personal terms on a permanent deal.

And The Tigers have also agreed a new contract with left-back Andy Dawson.

good signing for hull tbf. we must have stepped aside to let him complete his move.

i would be surprised if the currect knackers running the club sign a better midfielder for us this transfer window

good signing for hull tbf. we must have stepped aside to let him complete his move.

i would be surprised if the currect knackers running the club sign a better midfielder for us this transfer window

I'd be surprised if they sign a midfielder, full stop. I'd almost welcome Barry Ferguson at the rate we're going here.

You would have thought he was too old and expensive to fit into the current way of thinking but after hearing kinnear chuntering on about barry ferguson i would assume you could knock the old bit of that theory on the head - anybody wanting more than 40k pw is taboo for us i reckon