SSN: Hull sign Jimmy Bullard

Jimbo

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: I'm always shocked by the missteps the businessmen running clubs make.

Reminds me of Jody Morris (not 100% if it was him) when he signed for Leeds his agent apparently told him to ask for £25k but accept £20k but when they walked in the Leeds chairman said something like "£40k a week is the highest we will go" thinking he was playing hardball and Morris signed for £40k a week.

Think it was Seth Johnson as Kitman says but the story as I remember it is even worse. Think the player / agent asked for c £25k per week and Ridsdale's response was "I think we can do better than that".

He's a deeply unfunny bellend. If he is 'bleeding cash' then why the fuck did he go on "I'm a celebrity"?

I don't know, I thought his take on Olivier Bernard's aroma was quite amusing

£55k a week for an pretty average player. Ouch

Also a bit of a cunts trick to publicly take the piss when he was their record signing and highest earner and basically robbed a living there due to being injured for 75% of the time he was at the club

think it shows how out of touch footballers are when a seemingly relatively 'down to earth' footballer thinks fleecing a club that was fucked financially is funny. Apart from the fans what about all the people working at the club who'd have been made redundant etc.?

Think it was Seth Johnson as Kitman says but the story as I remember it is even worse. Think the player / agent asked for c £25k per week and Ridsdale's response was "I think we can do better than that".

:lol: Imagine the face on the lawyer (or any other people in the room) after Ridsdale said something like that.