SSN: Hull sign Jimmy Bullard

Jimbo

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bullard out for Hull, requiring knee surgery.

So glad that we did not pony up for him. 30 year old sicknote on big wages. We've already got Viduka, at least he cost us nothing to buy.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id...and&cc=3436

Likely to be out for the season.

Edited by OzToonFan

39 appearances since 2006.

Sicknote was probably not the best term. Crock then. Actually worse than Viduka.

08/09

Bullard - 19 games

Owen - 19 games

Viduka - 5 games

07/08

Bullard - 16 games

Owen - 27 games

Viduka - 21 games

06/07

Bullard - 4 games

Owen - 3 games

Viduka - 29 games

Totals (since 06/07 season)

Bullard - 39 games

Owen - 49 games

Viduka - 55 games

39 appearances since 2006.

Sicknote was probably not the best term. Crock then. Actually worse than Viduka.

08/09

Bullard - 19 games

Owen - 19 games

Viduka - 5 games

07/08

Bullard - 16 games

Owen - 27 games

Viduka - 21 games

06/07

Bullard - 4 games

Owen - 3 games

Viduka - 29 games

Totals (since 06/07 season)

Bullard - 39 games

Owen - 49 games

Viduka - 55 games

On 9 September 2006, Bullard dislocated his kneecap in a match against Newcastle United. This injury was thought to keep him out for six to eight weeks. However three days later it was revealed that Bullard would in fact be out for up to nine months with cruciate knee ligament damage. Fulham's new manager Lawrie Sanchez announced that the midfielder was aiming to return around October 2007. However, he did not make a first-team appearance until 12 January 2008,

He was out with a serious cruciate ligament injury from Sep 2006 to Jan 2008. He went on to play most games for the rest of that season and then again played the most part of this season up until this latest setback for him.

Another example of how stats can actually overlook the bigger picture. Even though Owen has had two bad injuries with us he has also like Viduka had far far more niggling little injuries.

On 9 September 2006, Bullard dislocated his kneecap in a match against Newcastle United. This injury was thought to keep him out for six to eight weeks. However three days later it was revealed that Bullard would in fact be out for up to nine months with cruciate knee ligament damage. Fulham's new manager Lawrie Sanchez announced that the midfielder was aiming to return around October 2007. However, he did not make a first-team appearance until 12 January 2008,

He was out with a serious cruciate ligament injury from Sep 2006 to Jan 2008. He went on to play most games for the rest of that season and then again played the most part of this season up until this latest setback for him.

Another example of how stats can actually overlook the bigger picture. Even though Owen has had two bad injuries with us he has also like Viduka had far far more niggling little injuries.

Don't exactly know why you're arguing so strongly for Bullard's reliability, but anyway - the bigger picture is how many games they are available to play for their club. End of story.

But even if we were to entertain your inference, Michael Owen has like you say suffered two bad injuried with us. Like Bullard he took longer to recover than expected. As any good physio will tell you, when you are returning from a serious injury you are likely to reinjure that part if you don't adequately prepare it for the return to vigourous activity (ie. resting it until it is fully healed will result in the shedding of muscle, and hence when it is used again the potential for reinjury is high - so the muscle and movement needs to be built back gradually). By the same token the fact that all other muscles are not being used in the same manner as they would be during match play, renders them also more likely to be injured/strained etc. So I would argue that directly or indirectly the 'niggling' little injuries you talk about with Owen and Viduka are directly or indirectly related to their larger scale injuries. The same is likely to hold true for the ageing Bullard. By vurtue of his 'bulk' Viduka is likely to put his body under more considerable stress than Bullard or Owen, but by the same token Bullad and Owen will cop physical attention from opposing players.

• 7 years later...

quite like bullards attitude and he's not a bad player

but at 30 he's not worth giving a 3-4yr contract to, and paying 5m, and def not 50k a week

:D. This is hilarious!

Jimmy Bullard says Hull City overpaid him millions. Before penning his new contract, he noticed an error but did not point it out to the club.

"I was doing my contract with my dad but I had my agent there."

"We had the chat before with the club, hes obviously gone away to talk to the club, and the contract was £40,000 a week. And I was like, "yeah, blinding contract, lets sign it."

"Ive gone to sign it, I see on the paperwork it says £50,000. So Ive passed it under the table to my agent, my agents gone: yeah, thats a misprint, sign it."

"As Ive signed it, I blew it dry, and then I read under it as well, another £5000 or £6000 appearance, whatever it was."

"And hes said: yeah, just sign it, just sign it, and blew it dry."

"This club is chucking it away like confetti, thats a joke. So I was on £55,000 a week from £40,000."

"Amazing contract, amazing. And Im celebrating to this fucking day. Thank you Hull City for changing my life. Im dropping cash everywhere, Im bleeding cash."

£55k a week for an pretty average player. Ouch

Also a bit of a cunts trick to publicly take the piss when he was their record signing and highest earner and basically robbed a living there due to being injured for 75% of the time he was at the club

Edited by StraightEdgeWizard

:lol: I'm always shocked by the missteps the businessmen running clubs make.

Reminds me of Jody Morris (not 100% if it was him) when he signed for Leeds his agent apparently told him to ask for £25k but accept £20k but when they walked in the Leeds chairman said something like "£40k a week is the highest we will go" thinking he was playing hardball and Morris signed for £40k a week.

The main thing I took away from that is that Jimmy Bullard is an utter cunt. I don't blame him for taking the deal but ffs did he need to crow about it and brag about "bleeding cash"? Sums up the modern PL footballer to me really, money grabbing arsehole.

:lol: I'm always shocked by the missteps the businessmen running clubs make.

Reminds me of Jody Morris (not 100% if it was him) when he signed for Leeds his agent apparently told him to ask for £25k but accept £20k but when they walked in the Leeds chairman said something like "£40k a week is the highest we will go" thinking he was playing hardball and Morris signed for £40k a week.

Dunno why but I thought that was Seth Johnson....