First signing confirmed!!!

smoggeordie

NEWCASTLE United have completed the signing of Danish international Peter Lovenkrands.

The 28-year-old has impressed during a two-week trial on Tyneside and has today put pen to paper on a deal until the end of the season.

The jet-heeled forward will wear number 24 for the Magpies and could make his debut at Manchester City next week.

Lovenkrands has been speaking exclusively to nufcTV from the St.James' Park boardroom and says that he cannot wait to get down to action.

"I'm delighted to sign a deal until the end of the season," beamed the former Rangers and Schalke star.

"I now just can't wait for my debut at Man City next week."

Hurra. I expect sooooo much from his looking back at his time at Schalke....

yet another exciting dane, trotting his stuff at St. James. Løvenkrands follows big names as Jon Dahl Tomasson, Bjørn Kristensen and Frank Pingel

yet another exciting dane, trotting his stuff at St. James. Løvenkrands follows big names as Jon Dahl Tomasson, Bjørn Kristensen and Frank Pingel

Why do I detect a slight hint of sarcasm....

Why do I detect a slight hint of sarcasm....

;)

TBH Jon Dahl Tomasson actually did go on to do good for himself. Pingel and Kristensen on the other hand....

Løvenkrands should be able to do alot better than those

You forgot to mention Preben Arentoft, truly a great Dane, he was in the 69 side that last won us a trophy.

Bit before my time, and actually didn't know he had played for Newcastle. But apparently he did a better job, than Pingel and Kristensen.

You forgot to mention Preben Arentoft, truly a great Dane, he was in the 69 side that last won us a trophy.

Bit before my time, and actually didn't know he had played for Newcastle. But apparently he did a better job, than Pingel and Kristensen.

40 years ago, It was the first cup I saw them lift at Newcastle, apart from the 50's when I was a bairn.

Sadly nothing since, and Monc still holds the record, sad record to have.

At least NUFC are offering the 69 team a reunion dinner in May.

By all means not an exciting signing or anything, however we can't lose with this deal. Unless he's absolute shite for us mind.

The thing is though that we are much more desperate in other positions. Lovenkrands won't single handedly change the shape of the team. He might provide some width and pace, but I am not sure that he will offer anything that our current wing players including Duff are already doing. He has to make a huge step up in form from his Schalke days to help the team at all.

But I am desperate to be provren wrong.

Benny was a class player. Great touch vision, but he had a major achilles heel in that he was far too slow. Still better than scores of centre halfs we've had since, and if he had've been blessed with an abundance of pace, he would've been genuine class imo. His goal against Plymouth opening day ;)

Kristensen was alright actually. A lot better than Pingel was for the Toon.

Agreed - 'Benny' was a bit of a cult hero at one point in similar way to which Srnicek was. Not the most gifted but always gave his all - played quite a bit for Keegan too.

Benny was a class player. Great touch vision, but he had a major achilles heel in that he was far too slow. Still better than scores of centre halfs we've had since, and if he had've been blessed with an abundance of pace, he would've been genuine class imo. His goal against Plymouth opening day ;)

Calling him Bjørn again Kristensen always made me laugh, and in fact still does

Are we expected to get excited about a player who knocked us back for rangers? Now that he has run out of options he's happy to pick up more than a few quid from us.

Just like the manager who signed him really.

Surely there isn't much left on this fucking barrel for us to scrape off.