All the talk in the North East says that this is wide of the mark

Snake

The cynic in me says this is leading the way for a sale this week. Get people realising how expensive hes been and still will be for the rest of the season after we've just been told how in the shit the club is and there will be less fight when hes sold.

Then again maybe I just always see the worst in this club.

The cynic in me says this is leading the way for a sale this week. Get people realising how expensive hes been and still will be for the rest of the season after we've just been told how in the shit the club is and there will be less fight when hes sold.

Like the timing of the release of the accounts information. :(

Like the timing of the release of the accounts information. :(

Exactly, someone somewhere two or three months ago said "accounts are cooked I mean ready, I'll send em to Companies House"...."woooahh hold on geezah, send em in mid January when Im deflecting flak for not buying anyone".

So not only did Ashley pay £2.7M for just 9 games from Xisco on purpose (despite being tight), but now he purposely held back the accounts which show he only spent £5K on transfers....to placate people for not spending in this window.

Oh aye, and he's taking our card details and selling them to some Nigerian prince.

:(

The conspiracy theories are getting crazy. Understandable given the total silence from the club like. It'll only get sillier.

Didn't Northern Rock pay a fee as part of their sponsorship owed too?

This is true iirc, according to who you listen to they paid 30-50% of the fee.

I thought they just give us the sponsorship money up front to finance the deal?

Didn't Northern Rock pay a fee as part of their sponsorship owed too?

This is true iirc, according to who you listen to they paid 30-50% of the fee.

I thought they just give us the sponsorship money up front to finance the deal?

That's right kidda, they did.

On reflection would you have rather had Owen despite the injuries and cost or not have had him at all?

I'm still pleased we got him.

It's the end of the line though in that respect. For the past 15 years or so we've been spoilt really, in always having at least one England striker on the books (Beardsley, Cole, Ferdinand, Shearer, Owen). I really can't foresee that sort of thing happening again*, which will make watching the Shola/Carroll axis even harder to take.

*for the purposes of this argument I am not counting Alan Smith as an England striker.

So not only did Ashley pay £2.7M for just 9 games from Xisco on purpose (despite being tight), but now he purposely held back the accounts which show he only spent £5K on transfers....to placate people for not spending in this window.

Oh aye, and he's taking our card details and selling them to some Nigerian prince.

The conspiracy theories are getting crazy. Understandable given the total silence from the club like. It'll only get sillier.

I dont think he did pay 2.7m with the view not to play him, I think Xisco didnt appear as good as they thought so they're not going to pay more than they have to. Good business sense on one hand yet on the other how can Xisco prove himself otherwise. Swings and roundabouts on that one I do know however that if it is true and hes the only striker we have then he should be played regardless.

whether he held them back or not though, the accounts are placating people. Im no accountant at all so have no understanding how long it takes to sort these things out but it has to be said the timing couldnt be better for Ashley.

And hes not selling card details to a nigerian prince.................... its an east end geezah. :rolleyes:

On reflection would you have rather had Owen despite the injuries and cost or not have had him at all?

I'm still pleased we got him.

It's the end of the line though in that respect. For the past 15 years or so we've been spoilt really, in always having at least one England striker on the books (Beardsley, Cole, Ferdinand, Shearer, Owen). I really can't foresee that sort of thing happening again*, which will make watching the Shola/Carroll axis even harder to take.

*for the purposes of this argument I am not counting Alan Smith as an England striker.

Owen was probably right for the club then, he's been very expensive because of injury, but that's mostly just bad luck.

He very well could be seen as the last of/death-knell an era for us though. :(

I dont think he did pay 2.7m with the view not to play him, I think Xisco didnt appear as good as they thought so they're not going to pay more than they have to. Good business sense on one hand yet on the other how can Xisco prove himself otherwise. Swings and roundabouts on that one I do know however that if it is true and hes the only striker we have then he should be played regardless.

whether he held them back or not though, the accounts are placating people. Im no accountant at all so have no understanding how long it takes to sort these things out but it has to be said the timing couldnt be better for Ashley.

And hes not selling card details to a nigerian prince.................... its an east end geezah. :rolleyes:

They realised he was rubbish and are trying not to spend anymore money on him till we can get rid in the summer.

They realised he was rubbish and are trying not to spend anymore money on him till we can get rid in the summer.

The blame of which lies firmly at Wises door, something which again shows the futility of the whole KK mess.

The blame of which lies firmly at Wises door, something which again shows the futility of the whole KK mess.

yeah, everyone goes on about how wise has made some good signings, but he seems to have made a mess of this deal tbh.

Why no reserve games?

Why no reserve games?

Cynical answer: Once they realised they could save the next 3 million they decided they wanted to do that regardless, playing him in the reserves could have shown him as a good player then they would have had to field questions as to why he wasnt getting in the 1st team.

Honest answer: Not a clue!

Why no reserve games?

The story can only be concluded on Tatooine.