Sky TV and internet packages

LeazesMag

It looks good in principle but there's too many snags.

You think you are getting a good deal for a reasonable product then you glance at the price and they are wanting £60 a month or some such.

We are on AOL wireless at £10 a month with a calls package and the internet is fast enough, can get 700 kb/s download speed at best and that's enough for me.

its for my mam, who lives in Westerhope. She is fed up with virgin, rightly so because its been nowt but trouble, and wants a reliable internet conncection, TV in her living room and bedroom and phone line all in one package if possible.

The bloke came yesterday to set up her new TV in the bedroom and can't receive freeview in there ? today it has crashed and when she rang virgin a girl at the other end put the phone down on her.

So thats it with virgin. Its a sky box to run 2 TV's and the other things to go with it.

why can't she get freeview in her bedroom? is she using an internal aerial or something? that would really be the only problem

no, its a "building" aerial, she is in sheltered housing. I don't know why she can get it in one room and not the other, I haven't seen it yet, but this virgin setup is always breaking down somewhere and she has just had enough of it. Yesterday it was setup by virgin and it isn't working today again.

A sky box will run 2 TV;s and she wouldn't have to use freeview, plus the internet connection.

You will probably struggle in 2023 when we are all on 23tb/m fiber laser optic cable line

Nah.. I'll be living on the top of Ben Nevis trying to escape the rising sea levels, the salt from which is eating through your 23tb/m fiber laser optic cables.

Its laser, it cant be eaten through :rolleyes:

I've got Sky Mid, plus full sky tv package, which whilst it's good, isn't fair as Sky are going to increase their BB prices 1st March. They're currently the only ISP who are INCREASING their prices but aren't subjected to the VAT decrease as they're registered in Luxemburg!

Most Sky BB users are leaving as this increase of 100% for Mid is an imposition to all. The only users who are not getting charged the extra are the new subscribers and those who take out the Sky Talk package which most wouldn't touch with a barge pole!

I'm in two minds what to do as I begrudge 100% increase, but my connection is good, but were thinking of migrating to O2 as I get discount on that and supposedly higher speeds.