He's at it again

JaMoUsE

Newcastle winger Charles N'Zogbia has revealed that he would prefer to join Aston Villa rather than Arsenal.

The two clubs are said to be chasing the Frenchman but are currently being put off by the Magpies high valuation of the player.

The 22-year-old has voiced his desire to leave St James Park on a number of occasions already during his four years at the club must to the frustration of his managers.

N'Zogbia admits that he needs to move in order to improve as a player after growing tired with the same routine at the Toon.

The news is not likely to go down well with Newcastle fans particularly if a deal fails to materialise during the remaining days of the transfer window.

"I'm still in stand-by waiting for the club to make a decision," he told Foot Mercato.

"We did everything to put the club that are interested in contact with Newcastle. But it seems that something is frozen on Newcastle's part.

"They have the cards in their hands. It's just about a good offer being made. The club is asking for too much money. All we can do is wait and see.

"The clubs that are interested in me remain the same, but it's tough because they are asking for a ridiculous sum of money.

Options

"Arsenal and Aston Villa are top teams in the English league, so I'd be happy to join them.

"I don't have a priority. Both are good clubs, but I have a little preference for Aston Villa.

"They have been improving as a team in the last few years, which proves that they can do well.

"Aston Villa's manager is a good coach according to my friends I think he could make me better."

The want-away midfielder, who has featured 18 times for Newcastle in the league this season, has not ruled out a return to his native France with Lyon the destination.

"The door is not closed to Olympique Lyonnais. Perhaps after speaking with Newcastle their interest is not as strong as it used to be," he added.

N'Zogbia was quick to state that if a transfer was not to happen he would continue to give his all for the Magpies despite all of his comments.

"I'll give my best for the last four months if I'm to stay," he explained.

"I've told the club I want to improve and that it's impossible here. If I don't leave in January, we'll discuss things again regarding a summer move.

"Every year it's the same, the club tell us the same thing. We reach the half-season and it's always the same.

"I've been listening to the same thing for four years. I've had enough."

I think people should cheer him like a homecoming hero from now on, If people boo it makes his move easier. I would rather let him rot in the reserves for 4 years then let him maneuver a move away for the simple reason hes a fucking wanker

"Every year it's the same, the club tell us the same thing. We reach the half-season and it's always the same.

"I've been listening to the same thing for four years. I've had enough."

That bit seems true at least.

Edited by OzToonFan

Fuck me he wanted to join Arsenal and not Spurs last week!

All Charley boy is achieving is alienating himself from clubs. Who's gonna want to sign a player who decides he wants to play for a different club from one day to the next?

Don't really get the bashing of him as a player.

He's pretty much always put in the effort on the pitch despite:

- us being ridiculously shit

- being forced to play out of position for what seems like years now

- never having a proper run in the side at his preferred position

Not really surprised he wants to leave. But any other English club wouldn't be a step forward I don't think. He'll either be in an equivalent position, or further down the ranks at a bigger place.

fair enough if he wants a first team place in his preferred left wing. join hull, wigan or a french club. Thinking that he'd actually get to play much in aston villa or at all in arsenal is just silly.

It's the way he speaks of NUFC in public that angers me Matt, nothing to do with his ability.

He talks of the club as if they were the a nuiscance that were bothering him rather than his employer.

"We did everything to put the club that are interested in contact with Newcastle. But it seems that something is frozen on Newcastle's part."

No suggestion of him taking into account the injury crisis at the club and that he can understand why the club aren't willing to sell. He needs to think beyond the end of his greedy nose tbh.

Maybe its time for charles to look at himself, if we are so bad and he is so much better than the club why has he never been able to hold down a consistent place in the team. By my calculations he has paid him over six million pounds for his contributions so far, it really pisses me off.

Ok things arent great at the club, but he clearly has no respect for his team mates and the fans by constantly degrading the club!

It's the way he speaks of NUFC in public that angers me Matt, nothing to do with his ability.

Some are quick to blur the lines though.

Personally i'd rather he didn't say those sort of things but at the same time can understand his frustration. The fact he's not indispensable and not the highest spokesperson of the club also makes it more tolerable I suppose.

There is a reason he had struggled to hold down a place here and its not purely down to shit managers. He is an arrogant little tosser who has thought he is much better than he is for a long time.

He is the apitimy of un-professional, overated and primadona...

Fuck of charlie we've all had enough.

The what? :(

Can't believe Arsenal are after him like and I'd be quite surprised if Villa were. Good move for him though imo.

Can't believe Arsenal are after him like and I'd be quite surprised if Villa were. Good move for him though imo.

Nicer bench?

Epitome....Fuck off alex

:rolleyes:

Edited by Geordie Lad...

There is a reason he had struggled to hold down a place here and its not purely down to shit managers. He is an arrogant little tosser who has thought he is much better than he is for a long time.

his talent is obvious

I know we're riddled with injuries and all, but giving this guy a spot in the XI after what he's said about wanting to play for other teams is just sad.

Kinnear, Hughton, somebody, has to shut this kind of thing down. It's shit for morale and shouldn't be tolerated at any club.

Since they haven't though, make a deal. Get him out. Preferably to a club even more shit than us.

He talks of the club as if they were the a nuiscance that were bothering him rather than his employer.

"We did everything to put the club that are interested in contact with Newcastle. But it seems that something is frozen on Newcastle's part."

No suggestion of him taking into account theres still time in the window and that he can understand why the club aren't willing to sell until the last minute. He needs to think beyond the end of his greedy nose tbh.

FYP :(