Brazil.

Park Life

Sao Paulo.

I seem to be drawn to it. My French mate Gilles came back from there last year and has been raving about it and I've since met two other people who keep banging on about it.

Anyone been?

Been to Brazil but not Sao Paulo. I flew to Recife and stayed in a place just outside of there. Was canny, in a small quaint village way. Then went to Rio for a few days. That was good, fantastic eating, quite a few things to do (like sugar loaf trip and pick up a match at the maracana, local team Botafogo Juniors also play in Black and White :( ), loads of dodgy sports wear over there being sold in shops etc. Then went down to Iguasu. The water falls there are pretty amazing and it borders Paraguay and Argentina but you have to go to the argentine side to see the falls properly. You can take a boat through the centre of them. Sau Paulo is in between Rio and Iguasu so if you went, Id certainly try and take both in.

Been to Brazil but not Sao Paulo. I flew to Recife and stayed in a place just outside of there. Was canny, in a small quaint village way. Then went to Rio for a few days. That was good, fantastic eating, quite a few things to do (like sugar loaf trip and pick up a match at the maracana, local team Botafogo Juniors also play in Black and White :( ), loads of dodgy sports wear over there being sold in shops etc. Then went down to Iguasu. The water falls there are pretty amazing and it borders Paraguay and Argentina but you have to go to the argentine side to see the falls properly. You can take a boat through the centre of them. Sau Paulo is in between Rio and Iguasu so if you went, Id certainly try and take both in.

The game changer for me is I just met a girl in Dusseldorf who is going to live there for a year (going in April) who said I could stay with her anytime. :rolleyes:

Taking your point about Rio, well it's a must really. :icon_lol:

favela-morumbi-sao-paulo.jpg

Plenty of cheao housing anyway!

Id love to go but there are a fair few areas you should avoid and I woukd avoid any innocent looking street kids or policemen cos if you piss them off they might just shoot you

Daylight robbery is common apparently. "Hey mister give me your watch"...etc.. :(

They warned us about that in Rio. Told us to walk beach side of the road and not the hotel side as the kids come in between the buildings. They crowd you, about 6-10 of them at a time and might only be laughing and joking with you but next your wallet / watch / life is gone. Never seen any bother when I was there like. Same as anywhere. Use common sense, like dont go wandering up the slum area flashing your wallet.

They warned us about that in Rio. Told us to walk beach side of the road and not the hotel side as the kids come in between the buildings. They crowd you, about 6-10 of them at a time and might only be laughing and joking with you but next your wallet / watch / life is gone. Never seen any bother when I was there like. Same as anywhere. Use common sense, like dont go wandering up the slum area flashing your wallet.

Best way to get fresh pussy tho innit? :(

Id love to go but there are a fair few areas you should avoid and I woukd avoid any ... policemen cos if you piss them off they might just shoot you

So pretty much as risky as being a Brazilian in London then?