Owen in the Squad

Caz

Michael Owen is in the squad for the Derby. :crylaughin:

The 18-man squad is:

Ameobi, Boumsong, Brittain, Caig, Carr, Chopra, Clark, Elliott, Emre, Faye, Given, N'Zogbia, Owen, Parker, Ramage, Shearer, Solano, Taylor.

I think this game can be the turning point for Newcastle.

The team will be boosted by the return of Emre and Solano, not to mention Owen and Sherar upfront.

I think Parker and Emre in MF with Solano and Nzogbia on the flanks should create opportunaties.

French International (!!!) Boommmsonggg needs to get his act straight, I think he has been solely responsible for more than 5 goals and a few loses, along with Souness.

BTW - Where are Dyer and Boyer? and what news on Luque?

I think this game can be the turning point for Newcastle.

The team will be boosted by the return of Emre and Solano, not to mention Owen and Sherar upfront.

I think Parker and Emre in MF with Solano and Nzogbia on the flanks should create opportunaties.

French International (!!!) Boommmsonggg needs to get his act straight, I think he has been solely responsible for more than 5 goals and a few loses, along with Souness.

BTW - Where are Dyer and Boyer? and what news on Luque?

47881[/snapback]

He has been responsible, but not "solely" - an example being Taylor's crap back-pass against Fulham - can't say that's all his fault?

so long as he doesn't put Ameobi on, then things can only get better.Has to put Chopra on before that dipstick surely!

47936[/snapback]

Rather have Ameobi personally.

47939[/snapback]

Especially alongside Owen. You have to remember that Souness sees them in training all the time and Shola is obviously ahead of Rocky in his eyes. And despite what we might think of him GS knows more about football than us average Joes.

chronicle injury update - anal oliver 'expects' owen to miss out on sunday

47956[/snapback]

If that's true I really can't see us winning.

47961[/snapback]

So, would you settle for a draw? :o

:crylaughin:

47956[/snapback]

If that's true I really can't see us winning.

47961[/snapback]

So, would you settle for a draw? B)

:o

47962[/snapback]

:razz:

Depends on Souness's fate, but I don't want to open that particular can of worm again! :crylaughin:

47956[/snapback]

alan oliver is a prick, the people who actually should know weather or not he's going to be able to play are saying he will

the journalist thinks otherwise

47956[/snapback]

alan oliver is a prick, the people who actually should know weather or not he's going to be able to play are saying he will

the journalist thinks otherwise

47964[/snapback]

Much as I hate him, I think he gets his info straight from the horses mouth. His lack of impartiality is his biggest (but by no means only weakness) in my view.

if owen isn't fit i'd pack the mid and drop shearer for ameobie. he's far more suited to the lone striker role - he did well there against arsenal last season. shearer is too slow to play up top on his own

if owen is fit, it's got to be shearer and owen up front in a 4-4-2

Today's Chronicle was ridiculous senationalism. Under the headline "OWEN NO!" Alan Oliver informed us that in his opinion Owen might not be fit! What a bloody shit article. No quotes from anyone at the club ruling him out, just Oliver's drivel. He's probably got a "OWEN FIT TO PLAY: EXCLUSIVE!" article lined up for tomorrow.

I agree about Shola like if he's upfront alone *tin hat on*

Won't happen like.

47979[/snapback]

Remember what happened to the last manager who thought it would be a good idea to drop Shearer in favour of a younger striker for the mackem game! :crylaughin:

Seriously though, whilst i think Shearer is on his way out the idea of facing the mackems with Shola up front on his own carrying the goal scoring responsibility is enough to drive fans to insanity.

This is Big Al's last crack at the mackems at St. James and who knows may end up as his last ever derby, he will be s fired up and read to give it everything for the las chance he has against them. I can't believe people would rather go into battle against the mackems with Shola on his own!