Pompey want Barton...?

shear class!

In the paper today it said that portsmouth are going to make a bid for Barton?

I would just like to know your thoughts on if you would sell or keep Joey?

Personally I would keep him, a box to box midfielder who allways puts his all in. A bit of passion and fighting spirit.

I know he has had some bad times but that does not bother me, I would deffinitly not sell Barton.

Definitely Keep.

He's an important part of the team.

Plus the way that newcastle have been going in the transfer market, they wouldn't be able to even replace him.

I keep reading all these players linked with the club but nothing has come of it so far.

Will we even sign anyone? aprt from the one we have till the end of the season. The squad is way to small! ASHLEY GET YOUR CHEQUE BOOK OUT YOU TIGHT ASS...!

Definitely Keep.

He's an important part of the team.

Plus the way that newcastle have been going in the transfer market, they wouldn't be able to even replace him.

I keep reading all these players linked with the club but nothing has come of it so far.

Will we even sign anyone? aprt from the one we have till the end of the season. The squad is way to small! ASHLEY GET YOUR CHEQUE BOOK OUT YOU TIGHT ASS...!

Maybe we would of if our Player turnover wasn't 63% ..

We need characters like him at the club - says what he thinks, Enrique is bloody rubbish. :(

No he's not, he's just yet another young foreign player not given a proper chance (as in brought through properly)

On Barton, if (big if) he was to be replaced - sell him yesterday

We need characters like him at the club - says what he thinks, Enrique is bloody rubbish. :(

No he's not, he's just yet another young foreign player not given a proper chance (as in brought through properly)

He's here now for one and a half years. How much time do you want to give him? Until we are in the fucking Championship?!

EDIT: I agree that Enrique isn't a rubbish player, he's just rubbish for the Premiership.

Edited by KingKev

Sell Barton? Fuck NO!

I too would make him captain, he's a character and he's vocal, and i'v always sided with the idea that your captain should be a centre half or a central midfielder...NOT a striker, and yes before people chime in about Big Al, he was a good leader but a midfielder is my preference, someone in the engine room.

I quite like the idea of him and guthrie, i know some disagree but i think it would work well giving a run of games. And the idea of Mbia and Barton is an even better one. I just hope we push through this deal.

Edited by Geordie Lad...

i'd definatly keep him and i hope he would reject a transfer even if it got accepted, he owes this club (or keegan!) and the fns especially for sticking by him first for just buying him and giving him another chance after city, and then for still being a twat outside of football and giving him the support through it, FFS he's been in jail!

hopefully he has some morals and realises this, if he does then i'm sure he will contribut a lot of passion to the side. the only downfall in this is effects on other players if he keeps shouting his mouth, something that is needed but there's a tactful way to do it

If Enrique has been rubbish, then Barton is but a flea on a speck of shit on a pile of rubbish. Seriously, Enrique has given much more to Newcastle than Barton has. He's either been injured, or crap, has probably turned in 2 or 3 decent performances for us.

We can't afford to let him go unfortunately, and there is a chance he will return to his former 'glory' (on the field, not fighting his teammates, burning people with cigars, or beating up kids).