Pompey want Barton...?

shear class!

Barton's terrible for this club and those saying they'd make him captain desperately want their heads examined. He's got "passion", sure, passion of the Alan Smith kind.

I'd drive him myself, but he won't be replaced, so I guess we're stuck with the filth.

I agree like. Ive seen him have 2 good games in 2 years. People seem to think hes some sort of creative, Gerrard esque player. He isnt, he kicks people and cant play a long pass to save his life. Added to his horrendous off the field record and injury record i would sell him in a heartbeat if we could replace him, Jimmy Bullard would have been ideal

We need characters like him at the club - says what he thinks, Enrique is bloody rubbish. :(

If Enrique has been rubbish, then Barton is but a flea on a speck of shit on a pile of rubbish. Seriously, Enrique has given much more to Newcastle than Barton has. He's either been injured, or crap, has probably turned in 2 or 3 decent performances for us.

We can't afford to let him go unfortunately, and there is a chance he will return to his former 'glory' (on the field, not fighting his teammates, burning people with cigars, or beating up kids).

I know you've got a hard on for Enrique but I don't think either him or Barton have contributed much since they arrived.

all of allardyce's buys have been pretty useless.

Apart from the aforemenioned Beye, I thought Faye was alright too (we could have done with him this season). I still think Barton could be a good player for us as well. Enrique has the potential to be too. I've got a bit of time for Viduka as well; on the odd occasion he's fit he still looks quality (not saying he's been a good signing btw). I agree with the sentiment generally as well.

Don't sell him as Kinnear and Ashley won't replace him.

If we need another violent criminal who eats at Mcdonalds, spends more time in the Courts than on the pitch,is no more than average talent-wise, and likes kicking off with team mates I'm sure a trip to Pitz would find plenty of more than willing candidates for half the wages. :(

Edited by Monkeys Fist