Fuck it lets have a bullshit thread

Craig

There's so much of it around, we might as well still it all in one thread. Here's a starter for 10.

United's £25 million transfer plans

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley has released an amount in excess of £10 million to Kinnear for transfers, and it is widely known that Shay Given's proposed move to Manchester City will earn the Tyneside club something in the region of £10 million. Together that makes a reasonable war-chest of £20 million, with another £6 million expected to arrive from the sale of Charles 'Le Sulk' N'Zogbia to Aston Villa.

So, far, the Magpies have only signed Danish International Peter Løvenkrands on a free-transfer, and Frenchman Albin Ebondo on loan from Toulouse.

With less than a week remaining in the January transfer window, and with money to spend, Joe Kinnear is likely to go back to French outfit Rennes and make an improved offer of £8 million for Cameroon midfielder Stephane M'Bia.

It has also emerged that the Toon put in a serious bid of £4 million last night for 25-year-old midfield ace Marco Donadel from Serie A side Fiorentina.

Jose Enrique is also set to be sacrificed to make way for Celtic captain Stephen McManus, who is expected to join the Magpies next week in a swap deal. Celtic want an extra £4 million from Newcastle, but the cash-plus-player offer could be reduced to Enrique and £2 million.

That makes £14 million, with the Magpies still chasing Norwegian left-back John-Arne Riise from Catalan side Roma. That deal could also be a short-term loan.

Therefore, it remains to be seen what Kinnear does in fact, with that extra £12 million, and even if N'Zogbia's coveted transfer to Aston Villa does not materialise, that still leaves Kinnear with £6 million.

A hectic week awaits the Magpies it appears.

Source: http://www.newcastle.vitalfootball.co.uk/a...le.asp?a=140948

Robbie Keane's sensational move to Newcastle doesn't look like happening. I also don't expect our Argentinian and Italian loanees to be showing up any time soon.

The promised post window communications are my one hope that they really think they'll pull summat out of the bag behind the scenes before Monday night.

Why else would they bother, if not to basque in the glory.

The promised post window communications are my one hope that they really think they'll pull summat out of the bag behind the scenes before Monday night.

Agreed, let's try and stay positive till all hope is lost or summink....

Fucking hell HF, I didn't have you down for naive... B)

I fully expect the open dialogue to be cancelled on Tuesday morning.

But remember Craig, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

Edited by Happy Face

I fully expect the open dialogue to be cancelled on Tuesday morning.

But remember Craig, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

:lol:

Is that an ITK hint of someone we're signing??? B)

Is that an ITK hint of someone we're signing??? B)

I looked at it for at least 2 seconds thinking no way could it be spelt "bask".

:lol: