ASHLEY AT CITY TONIGHT ?

stevietoon

Mike Ashley won't risk Newcastle fans' wrath on return

Mike Ashley, the Newcastle United owner, will on Wednesday night watch his team in action for the first time since fans angrily turned on him following Kevin Keegan's resignation - Rob Stewart, The Telegraph

The sports retail tycoon will watch Newcastle take on Manchester City at Eastlands, but it seems he will enjoy the comfort of the directors' box or an executive box rather than don his replica shirt and sit among restive travelling fans.

It will be the first time Ashley has witnessed a Newcastle game live since he was spotted watching on during a 3-0 defeat at Arsenal last August.

The club were rocked days later when manager Keegan quit Newcastle and a fans' backlash against the 'Cockney Mafia' prompted him to put the club up for sale amid fears for his family's safety. Ashley could also be present when his director of football, Dennis Wise, holds talks with City's executive chairman Garry Cook in an attempt to finalise goalkeeper Shay Given's £10 million move from Newcastle.

Given's understudy Steve Harper has signed a new 3½-year contract and is expected to face City alongside Joey Barton, who could face a hostile reception on his first return to the club since a £5.8 million transfer to Tyneside.

Newcastle manager Joe Kinnear has been fined £500 by the Football Association for branding Martin Atkinson a "Mickey Mouse referee" following a 2-1 defeat at Fulham on Nov 9.

A charge of using abusive and insulting words towards a match official during his side's 2-2 draw with Stoke on Dec 6 was found "not proved".

Wonder if this means he will do the same on Sunday unless he's just going to citeee to pick up and bank the cheque for Shay

I'll be glad to see him back at games.

See for himself the shit product he's selling.

If he genuinely bought the club to "have a bit of fun" I can't for the life of me understand why he'd want to endure another 90 minutes of misery

Dennis Wise, holds talks with City's executive chairman Garry Cook in an attempt to finalise goalkeeper Shay Given's £10 million move from Newcastle.

Didn't that little cunt say he was only going to be in charge of the youth?? I don't call Shay, at 32 years old, youth...

Fuck off Wise.

A story doing the rounds (which might explain his 'I hate Spurs' comments) was that he's actually a Chelsea fan. Think there was something on .com about it a short while ago too.

apparantly this bloke has found out ashley is going and will be there too

7.62mm%20FN-FAL%20Indian%20Sniper.jpg

Hope he's closer than 50 yards then, that's an old FN rifle, he'll need that geet big sight just to hit a barn door

I`m sure he see`s that everytime he goes into one of his chavtastic shops flogging Lonsdale trainers,Donnay socks and Dunlop golf clubs

Yeah but he has Nike, Adidas and Reebok too, to pull the punters in.

Whilst I have no confidence that we are actually going to do anything in this window I don't get why hes coming back. If hes going to shaft us it makes no sense as hes already proven that the minute he gets abuse (which he will again if we get shafted this window) he spits the dummy...

Plus his cleaning lady must have assessed the threat and given him an all clear. B)

Whilst I have no confidence that we are actually going to do anything in this window I don't get why hes coming back. If hes going to shaft us it makes no sense as hes already proven that the minute he gets abuse (which he will again if we get shafted this window) he spits the dummy...

The cynical answer? So he can blame the failure of the club on the fans...."I tried to come back and sort it out, make it work but they were nasty to me again so Ive put the club back up for sale"