Would you settle for a draw if......

ChocChip

Owen doesn't play and Emre and Solano aren't fully fit?

Might be worth thinking about. We'll pump high balls upto Shearer and i reckon their defence will have no problems with that (it's all they must do in training tbh).

If i was them i'd say, get down the right wing 'cause Elliott's shite, cross to the far post 'cause Carr's short and scramble a goal. We won't have much presence in our own box apart from Taylor. Boum doesn't like the ball in the air and if Parker drops back he's an half pint an all.

If we get an early goal i think we'll be OK until the last 15 minutes, if they score first i reckon we'll be in doo doo.

The thing with saying if we lose, Souness should be sacked, is what happens if Michael Owen misses 3 open-goals & misses a penalty, while Shay Given lets one creep through his legs to give them a 1-0 defeat? Would that be Souness' fault?

48025[/snapback]

Highly unlikely, and yes it would be unlucky. Tough shit, he's already had his chance as far as I am concerned. If he is an unlucky manager, then let's get a lucky one in....

I admit those are very extreme circumstances, but it's not unrealistic that we pummel them and lose to a flukey goal. Look at Fulham at home last season. 20+shots to their 6, and we lost 4-1.

48034[/snapback]

Lost purely and simply because Souness panicked and made some crazy substitutions though.

I admit those are very extreme circumstances, but it's not unrealistic that we pummel them and lose to a flukey goal. Look at Fulham at home last season. 20+shots to their 6, and we lost 4-1.

48034[/snapback]

Which is why anyone sensible looks at the performances of the team since he arrived. On that basis it's a no brainer that he should be sacked, but then he should have been sacked ages ago. The decision on whether this incompetent bully should be manager or not shouldn't rest on this game at all.

For the long term good of the club, if a loss means the immediate sack for Souness, I'd take it and I've never felt this way in over 38 years supporting the club. Losing to the mackems turned the club around when Gullit was sacked and Robson came in. I'd take the same again right now, because with a 'proper' manager there's still time for us to finish in the top half, rather than the bottom 3.

48034[/snapback]

Which is why anyone sensible looks at the performances of the team since he arrived. On that basis it's a no brainer that he should be sacked, but then he should have been sacked ages ago. The decision on whether this incompetent bully should be manager or not shouldn't rest on this game at all.

For the long term good of the club, if a loss means the immediate sack for Souness, I'd take it and I've never felt this way in over 38 years supporting the club. Losing to the mackems turned the club around when Gullit was sacked and Robson came in. I'd take the same again right now, because with a 'proper' manager there's still time for us to finish in the top half, rather than the bottom 3.

48038[/snapback]

we had a discussion about this earlier in the week, called 7 days to go, I think

As somebody said a draw is a win for the mackems and is totally unacceptable for us whatever team we put out there.

However i don't think for a moment Souness will lose his job whatever the result is.

48094[/snapback]

I suspect he will lose his job if we dont win in the next two games.

He isnt good enough but he has done the job Freddie wanted. Now we need better and I suspect FS knows that too. Maybe he is going to do something fucking stupid like put Alan Shearer into the job in the summer and for that reason Souness stays but I hope not.

As somebody said a draw is a win for the mackems and is totally unacceptable for us whatever team we put out there.

However i don't think for a moment Souness will lose his job whatever the result is.

48094[/snapback]

TBH and sad as I am, the reality is that I have to agree with PL. WE are stuck with this fuckwit manager.

My last post till he goes, can't be interested in wasting so much negativity on this shitface.

SOUNESS OUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

48094[/snapback]

TBH and sad as I am, the reality is that I have to agree with PL. WE are stuck with this fuckwit manager.

My last post till he goes, can't be interested in wasting so much negativity on this shitface.

48101[/snapback]

So are just using HTL again now?

Think you have ridden out the RACIST storm?

I dont think its easy to forget that sort of stuff.

Settling for a draw in this match is akin to labelling it a 6 pointer, we were robbed of a deserved victory against better opposition after that conjunctivitis nonsense, there are no excuses here.

If we don't win this I feel it will be the beginning of a very quick demise for Souness. I think some of you are underestimating how Shepherd views himself as a fan and how the fans, en masse, will react to anything less than 3 points. I'm happy to be corrected though.

48094[/snapback]

48101[/snapback]

So are just using HTL again now?

Think you have ridden out the RACIST storm?

I dont think its easy to forget that sort of stuff.

48125[/snapback]

?

48094[/snapback]

I suspect he will lose his job if we dont win in the next two games.

He isnt good enough but he has done the job Freddie wanted. Now we need better and I suspect FS knows that too. Maybe he is going to do something fucking stupid like put Alan Shearer into the job in the summer and for that reason Souness stays but I hope not.

48097[/snapback]

Erm, Glenn Roeder? :nufc: