Veloso.

Park Life

Agent: Newcastle have made bid for Veloso

Sport.co.uk can exclusively reveal that Newcastle United have entered the race to sign Miguel Veloso, according to the player’s agent.

Speaking exclusively to sport.co.uk, Paolo Barbosa revealed that there would be more news on the situation regarding talks between Bolton and Sporting tomorrow morning, but when asked if any other European sides had shown interest he confirmed:

“Yes, Newcastle have also made an enquiry.”

Barbosa also told sport.co.uk yesterday that Manchester City had made tentative enquiries as to the player's availability but that their interest had died since the recruitment of Nigel de Jong.

Veloso has been touted as one of the hottest properties in European football with several clubs including Manchester United, Arsenal and Fiorentina all thought to be interested. The 22-year-old is known for his combative qualities in the heart of midfield and is thought to be available for a fee in the region of £12m.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I'm not feeling too great about it and I can't imagine signing anyone worth while at the moment.

I was up for it at the start of the month but now it all seems so hopeless.

...does anyone really care anymore?

It will be no fucker or some made up target and Seamus and Le Sulk going.

Thats all.

Only thing on BBC is Shay leaving...

whisky_bottle.jpg

If you're going to top yourself, you could at least blow your wad while pissed on something decent.