Myhill

andy_w_1986

Well i have been informed by a reliable source....(mate from Hull who to be quite honest has a limited knowledge on football)... that Myhill is on his way to Newcastle. Probably/hopefully a load of rubbish but he didnt play this evening, perhaps people are just putting 2+2 together.

Dont shoot the messenger!

Whilst he's been a fantastic servant to the club, I don't rate Harper that highly if I'm honest and have serious concerns.

Goalkeeper was the one position we were rock solid in. I dread to think the amount of points that Shay has earned us over the years (the past 5 in particular).

Him leaving could well be the plug being removed from the Premiership bath. I seriously doubt we'll avoid relegation now.

Harper is a good keeper surely fans have seen him enough over the last 10 years without juding him on one goal which he was largely blameless. Then again when you look who is criticising him........

I love the bloke but I think people are placing FAR too much importance on Given.

He's a brilliant shot stopper who made a lot of great saves... but it's not the end of the world at all. The reaction is understandable but reflects more the sorry state of affairs at the club, rather than the loss of a vital cog.

Look at Harpers record, season after season it's better than Given's....

06/07 Harper Played 16 Conceded 18 = 1.12 GPG; 54 saves = 3.37 SPG

06/07 Given Played 21 Conceded 27 = 1.28 GPG; 71 Saves = 3.38 SPG

07/08 Harper Played 19 Conceded 28 = 1.47 GPG; 75 Saves = 3.95 SPG

07/08 Given Played 18 Conceded 37 = 2.05 GPG; 54 Saves = 3.00 SPG

08/09 Given Played 22 Conceded 37 = 1.68 GPG; 72 Saves = 3.27 SPG

Edited by Happy Face

Harper is a good keeper surely fans have seen him enough over the last 10 years without juding him on one goal which he was largely blameless. Then again when you look who is criticising him........

While you're right, you judged Buffon on one goal :rolleyes:

I love the bloke but I think people are placing FAR too much importance on Given.

He's a brilliant shot stopper who made a lot of great saves... but it's not the end of the world at all. The reaction is understandable but reflects more the sorry state of affairs at the club, rather than the loss of a vital cog.

Look at Harpers record season after season it's better than Given's....

06/07 Harper Played 16 Conceded 18 = 1.12 GPG

06/07 Given Played 21 Conceded 27 = 1.28 GPG

07/08 Harper Played 19 Conceded 28 = 1.47 GPG

07/08 Given Played 18 Conceded 37 = 2.05 GPG

08/09 Given Played 22 Conceded 37 = 1.68 GPG

Agree and I don't think his going will mean we're now going down. However, allowing him to go at the end of the window and then not investing the money where it's needed may just compound the situation and see us go down.

Edited by alex

There are other reasons I don't like Buffon.

He's Italian?

He's Italian?

One of the main ones.

While you're right, you judged Buffon on one goal :crying:

He's Italian?

One of the main ones.

He'll be gutted when he finds out like :rolleyes:

What's wrong with my judgement like? :rolleyes:

He's a decent, mid-table keeper - no more and IMO inferior the majority of first choice keepers in the Premiership.

At present, I think Given is the best there is (over the years I've challenged that claim when it's been made by others). His true value to us will be shown when he leaves and we really will start to freefall.

Pissing off Shay will prove to be Ashley's costliest mistake ever IMO.

He's a decent, mid-table keeper - no more and IMO inferior the majority of first choice keepers in the Premiership.

yeah, and we are a relegation battling team so he is more than good enough for us.