KINNEAR LAMENTS LATEST BLOW

Asprilla

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8...4866876,00.html

Beleaguered Newcastle boss Joe Kinnear admitted "it is one thing after another" at the moment after losing Michael Owen and Joey Barton for six and 10 weeks respectively.

Both men limped out of the Magpies 2-1 defeat at Manchester City on Wednesday night, Owen with a cracked ankle and Barton with a broken metatarsal.

The latest injury to Owen rules him out of any possible international comeback in the near future.

Now Kinnear faces being without the pair at a crucial stage of Newcastle's battle to avoid the drop.

"It is one thing after another and life is seriously tough at the moment," said Kinnear.

The Newcastle boss has little room to manoeuvre in the transfer market either after revealing the full extent of owner Mike Ashley's losses during the current financial turmoil.

"The credit crunch is killing us," said Kinnear.

"Mike has lost £2billion in his own businesses and shares. He is just about paying the wages but it is not an easy situation.

"You look at Tottenham paying £16million here and £14million there. I would love to spend money like that but I can't. You can see why so many people bottled this job."

City counterpart Mark Hughes has no such concerns, however, and feels new arrival Craig Bellamy has already started to pay off his £10million Manchester City price-tag.

Bellamy scored what turned out to be the winner for City as they beat Newcastle 2-1 at Eastlands and enjoyed a fruitful start to his partnership with record signing Robinho.

The Brazilian put his off-field worries behind him to set up Shaun Wright-Phillips for City's opener but Bellamy proved to be the star man, scoring against one of his old clubs and showing why Hughes has such faith in his fellow Welshman.

"People concentrate on Craig's personality and demeanour but I think he has won a lot of people over already with the manner of his performance," said Hughes.

"There are not many people like him on the open market. We got a good deal because as far as I am concerned it is money well spent."

His pairing with Robinho certainly looks as though it will be productive and the Brazilian's performance repaid the faith Hughes showed in him after his well-publicised training ground walk-out in Tenerife and then being questioned by West Yorkshire Police to answer a rape allegation he strenuously denies.

"I had no qualms about putting Robinho in the team," stressed Hughes.

"He was focused and prepared to play. There was not a doubt for me."

Hughes confirmed he is pitching for another forward in Roque Santa Cruz, while talks will continue aimed at luring Shay Given south from Newcastle.

Although Kinnear is desperate to keep the Republic of Ireland international, he may have little choice in the matter if he wants to make the signings he needs over the next few days.

B)

B) He must be the easiest bloke in the world to pull the wool over his eyes. Thick as shit.

"Yeah sorry Joe, doesn't look like there'll be any money for transfers after all"

"GERRRRRRCHA! FACKIN EWW MIKE! Howzat then?"

"I've lost a lot of money recently."

"'FAAAAACK. 'OW MACH SAN?"

"Ohhhh......erm......twoooooo.......billion?"

"COR LUMME BLIMEY! Don't warry san, I'ww let the fayyyyns know!"

Just moaning on 5 live, "I can see now why other people didn't take it"

Sounding like he's ready to jump off Tyne Bridge.

I thought he was chucking the towel in, at first; now I reckon he's just trying to deflect criticism i.e. 'it's not my fault we can't win a game'.

What, next he'll tell us that his predecessors actually tried to adress the squad's problems.

Tosser.

Newcastle United's season was facing another crisis tonight when Michael Owen and Joey Barton both suffered long-term injuries in their 2-1 defeat at Manchester City and Joe Kinnear questioned whether the club's owner, Mike Ashley, was struggling to pay the players' wages. "Mike has lost £2bn in his own business because of the credit crunch," Kinnear said. "It's not easy for him. He's paying the wages, just about. But it's in the [financial] records, you just have to look."

The Newcastle manager could not conceal his despair after another demoralising defeat in which Owen suffered a broken ankle, meaning six-to-eight weeks on the sidelines for a player whose luckless run with injuries has restricted him to 62 games in his three and a half years with the club. The prognosis for Joey Barton was even more serious. "It's a metatarsal," Kinnear reported. "It's that dreaded word again and the docs are saying 10 weeks."

The defeat leaves Newcastle fifth bottom in the Premier League, with mounting injury problems and without a win in their last seven matches. "I don't know what team we will play next week [at home to Sunderland] and it's our biggest game of the season," Kinnear continued. "This is the way it has been for us all season. We are chopping and changing every week. We've got one fit striker and that's Andy Carroll."

This was an emotional Kinnear and he added: "It's devastating when you look at a club like Tottenham offering £16m for this player, £14m for that player. I would love to go and spend millions like that and I wish I was in the position to do so. But you can see why a lot of big [managerial] names out there didn't have the arsehole to take this job. You can see why so many people bottled it."

A miserable day for Newcastle was compounded by confirmation that Shay Given has reiterated his desire to leave the club. Given did not even travel to Manchester and City hope to sign him before the ­transfer window closes on 2 February.

"I'm doing my best but it's tough," Kinnear said. "I've bent over backwards to keep Shay and I have told the powers-that-be that he has got to stay. But I understand it from Shay's point of view. He's done 11 years at Newcastle and he wants a new challenge."

:rolleyes:

Drove me batty hearing that this morning.

Stupid fat CUNT! (warranted here)

Can you imagine Keegan saying it when we were heading out of the second division?

Man-up you cock sucking wide boy lard arse fuck nut. YOU'RE THE MANAGER FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!

Name one obstacle to you doing the job your being well paid to do. If it's Ashley, Wise, Llambias and that then fucking well say so and walk.

The injuries are a symptom of the lethargy at the club, the lethargy is NOT a symptom of the injuries.

Drove me batty hearing that this morning.

Stupid fat CUNT! (warranted here)

Can you imagine Keegan saying it when we were heading out of the second division?

Man-up you cock sucking wide boy lard arse fuck nut. YOU'RE THE MANAGER FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!

Name one obstacle to you doing the job your being well paid to do. If it's Ashley, Wise, Llambias and that then fucking well say so and walk.

The injuries are a symptom of the lethargy at the club, the lethargy is NOT a symptom of the injuries.

Hear, hear. His patter is so tiresome now like. It's just a constant invention of different excuses rather than the bit in bold.

If Mike Ashley would just come fucking clean. Tell it like it is. He should have done that from day one. Been honest! This is bullshit. January 1. Newcastle where in for a couple of players. Even on Monday Newcastle we're, allegedly, in for that french right back. Come today, Ashly is skint. Not a dime in his pocket. I hardly think he lost 2 billion overnight.

He might have lost the money, but a week ago, people where lead to believe that there where money for transfers. Just tell the fucking truth someone, and you might not end up being beheaded

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...ured-again.html

He was trying to sell Geremi for £4 million yesterday too, but that fell through apparently. So he "had to" play him. So basically you're saying he's shit yet someone had £4mill in for him?!

Is he Pinnocchio in disguise?

Edited by trophyshy

I'm starting to wonder if JK has a clause where he is liable to pay something if he walks. Either that or he's skint because he sounds like he'd love to walk away from it all.

Hed gain some credibility back if he walked and said what he really thought about the owner. As it is he keeps coming out with statements like he did last night

'ew...err...aahhh....I thought we were the better team in the 2nd half and deserved something. . '!? :rolleyes: