Keegan back in town??!?!!?!

smoggeordie

Huddersfield Town have confirmed that the club has offered an open invitation to Kevin Keegan to join the coaching staff at the Galpharm Stadium.

Speculation is rife that the former England and Newcastle manager could be poised to take-up a part-time role alongside manager Lee Clark and assistant Terry McDermott.

Keegan is close friends with both, having worked with them at St James' Park and Huddsersfield chief executive Nigel Clibbens said: "His relationship with Lee and his staff goes back a long way and is very strong.

'I know that our coaching staff are in close contact with him and he is taking an active interest in events here.

'There is an open invitation to Kevin to come to the club and see for himself the exciting things we are doing and I hope that one day he will take up the offer.'

Playing second fiddle to the Oxy moron, I doubt it

If it's true, he'll do to Clark what Venables did to Robson at Boro - i.e. effectively take over.

Shouldn't concern us either way though, people need to accept that Keegan won't be coming back here.