Lost

Sir Bob Almighty!

As a LOST fan, I'd assume you'd know that the purgatory theory has been debunked by JJ and the show's producers on multiple occasions.

But the island wasn't purgatory.

What was the island then?

The island was real, it existed in the real world. It was only the alternative timeline that was purgatory.

So they all died when the bomb went off (when Juliette died on the Island) ?

The bomb sent them back to 2007 because of the reaction with the electromagnetism it exploded on top of. Jack died on the island thanks to his stab wound, Hurley and Ben died at some point in the future while protecting the island while Kate and Sawyer got off, lived lives off the island and then died. The purgatory or what have you, they created existed in a space devoid of time and was merely created by them to reunite when they died to move on, whether into heaven or even nothingness. It was just one place for them to all be together (I.E. give us a happy ending).

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bomb sent them back to 2007 because of the reaction with the electromagnetism it exploded on top of. Jack died on the island thanks to his stab wound, Hurley and Ben died at some point in the future while protecting the island while Kate and Sawyer got off, lived lives off the island and then died. The purgatory or what have you, they created existed in a space devoid of time and was merely created by them to reunite when they died to move on, whether into heaven or even nothingness. It was just one place for them to all be together (I.E. give us a happy ending).

:wub:

Glad that's clear then.

Glad that's clear then.

It makes sense if you've been watching ;)

Glad that's clear then.

None watchers commenting on this is akin to makems commenting on Newcastle matches......Shame on you ...

Glad that's clear then.

Precisely, so its meaningless to comment, but that won't refrain them from doing so. ;)

Some of the posts in the NO thread are tremendous ;)

Can see the Samaritans being busy over the next few weeks.

They are :wub:

Aye the sad tossers banned me for spoilers a day after the last episode aired, how the fuck it works I don't know.

No doubt Billtray has shown everyone this on the pet hates thread, and Inochi has already said that he will send me more abusive PM's and they will all call me in a few days when I've been unbanned but I've gone away for a few days to see family and won't have access to the internet.

By the way I never called Andy or any of the mods anything, no hard feeling towards them, just still wondering how it is classed as a spoiler.

Edited by BigChrisfgb

Not to take the sides of the infants on NO, but a Spoiler isn't dependant on whether the show has aired, more if the audience have seen it.

How'd you feel if you were going to see a film on the Saturday night and some gobshite gave away the ending after the thursday night opening?

Not to take the sides of the infants on NO, but a Spoiler isn't dependant on whether the show has aired, more if the audience have seen it.

How'd you feel if you were going to see a film on the Saturday night and some gobshite gave away the ending after the thursday night opening?

It's happend, it's life. I done it on purpose though for a protest to the banning of another member. Anyway back onto topic. Edited by BigChrisfgb

Its irritating to see this forum constantly being used as a mouthpeice aimed towards a far poorer site and community in general. The bitching seems immature to me, and should be kept to a minimum in the future. For some people it seems there only reason for input at times.

Its irritating to see this forum constantly being used as a mouthpeice aimed towards a far poorer site and community in general. The bitching seems immature to me, and should be kept to a minimum in the future. For some people it seems there only reason for input at times.
Sorry.

Anyway what did people think of the final episode?

Sorry.

Seems most of us didn't watch it. Not surprised. This crowd more likely to tune into that excellent Maps Documentary rather than the last episode of series which is close to changing the phrase "jumped the shark" to "kept the fat man fat"

Sorry.

Seems most of us didn't watch it. Not surprised. This crowd more likely to tune into that excellent Maps Documentary rather than the last episode of series which is close to changing the phrase "jumped the shark" to "kept the fat man fat"

I must admit I'm not a big fan of the show, I started watching it towards the end of series 3 and it annoyed me at times. The ending was crap really.

Aye the sad tossers banned me for spoilers a day after the last episode aired, how the fuck it works I don't know.

No doubt Billtray has shown everyone this on the pet hates thread, and Inochi has already said that he will send me more abusive PM's and they will all call me in a few days when I've been unbanned but I've gone away for a few days to see family and won't have access to the internet.

By the way I never called Andy or any of the mods anything, no hard feeling towards them, just still wondering how it is classed as a spoiler.

I think your inbox should be near full by now. Oh, before your edit, you didn't spoil it for me in the slightest. Keep your protest alive tho, it's a good laugh for everyone!

Don't worry yerself that Inochi geezer has made the silly but rather consequential mistake of crossing me. ;)

As a LOST fan, I'd assume you'd know that the purgatory theory has been debunked by JJ and the show's producers on multiple occasions.

But the island wasn't purgatory.

What was the island then?

The island was real, it existed in the real world. It was only the alternative timeline that was purgatory.

So they all died when the bomb went off (when Juliette died on the Island) ?

That just stinks though and makes a mockery of all the indepth character buildup, sub-plots, mysteries and the quasi-godlike powers of the island.

Don't worry yerself that Inochi geezer has made the silly but rather consequential mistake of crossing me. ;)

LOL

I thought it was canny. Was never going to satisfy most people but I made my peace with it two series ago when the dialogue started getting shite. I'm glad these writers didn't have to spoonfeed us every answer. A lot of them you could figure out by reading inbetween the lines. It's obvious they wrote themselves into a corner though, they shot their load too early I reckon.

The banter between the characters degraded as the series went on.

Some of Sawyers one-liners in series 1&2 were pure gold.

"Fun time is over Mongo, why don't you hit the buffet" - to Hurley. Classic.

• 2 weeks later...

i watched it throughout. loved it and hated it in equal measure.

it's pretty lame of the writers to throw in so many unanswered questions then say it was a show all about the characters - it was a kop out and yet they were right in some respects. i watched every episode and felt a bit emotional during the afterlife scene in the last episode despite the fact i was still frustrated with all the loose ends.

the only question really answered was the flash forward thing going on in the last season was purgatory before the afterlife. so many loose ends before that. i agree with those that say the writers really didn't know where it was going as they were writing it. shame really as i thought the first couple of seasons promised a lot more than the writers were eventually able to deliver.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...