The Ideal Remainder of the Transfer Window

JonTheMag

Ok, assuming Shay leaves, here's a lineup that would make me satisfied with the transfer window.

---------------Harper-------------

Ryan Taylor----Coloccini---Bassong---Ebondo

Gutierrez--Kevin Nolan--Michael Johnson--Duff

------------Carroll-------Saviola----------

And Martins would get put back in for Carroll.

Honestly, the only long shots there are Saviola and Johnson, the rest we've all been linked with to the point of "almost reaching a deal"/transferred in

What Goes on at Mike Ashley HQ

Ashley: Ey Dennis! 'Oos footybawl managah sayins good?!

Wise: Oiiii Cor fookin bloimey ash, 'ave you 'eard of Kaka?

Ashley: Naw, 's 'ee good?

Wise: Yeah, fookin class mate!

Ashley: Let's soign im den!

Ryan Taylor would be a good signing as he can play RB, LB, RW, LW and a great freekick taker. 1.5mil

Michael Johnson id love to see here and if we are to let Shay go to citeh id hope MJ was part of the deal, got a good strike on him and is fairly creative. Part Ex

Kevin Nolan, industrious, powerful strike, battler and good in the air. 4mil

Peter Lovenkrands going off his time at Rangers, can get a few goals, pacey, good touch and versitile, remains to be seen what he'll bring though. FREE

Albin Elbondo pacey RB good cover for Beye and natural successor. 3mil

So that would be 8.5mil of the quoted 10mil we had to spend, and assuming we'd get a bit of moolah as well as MJ off citeh for Shay id imagine we would lodge a 5mil bid for saviola?

I think we would have a chance but a slim one, he mite favour moving to a club with fellow argies (Coloccini and Gutierrez) But whether he'd want to move to a club scrapping at the bottom is another story?

Would be a decent replacement for the injured and soon to be departing MO though.

Edited by Geordie Lad...

Ok, assuming Shay leaves, here's a lineup that would make me satisfied with the transfer window.

Honestly, the only long shots there are Saviola and Johnson, the rest we've all been linked with to the point of "almost reaching a deal"/transferred in

I'd be a lot happier if Given, Owen and zoggy were happier with the club.

Tbh only Given and Owen will be misses. Even so, they aren't big losses should we have the team quoted above.

Ebondo deal is dead.....so cross him off the list.

.com is reporting that JFK is being his regular schiztophrenic self, changing what was offered ehat was turned down

B)

i just can't understand the praise for Nolan (but i am in one lousy mood), bar that one season i never thought was was upto much

thought maybe i was wrong but well no

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats...902&cc=5739

few assists and goals but leats he seems to get a reasonable amount of games every season

I'd rather meh about it. Although meh is the new excited with B)

ive got a feeling with them letting given talk to city ,there must be a swap with cash deal coming our way...city wont pay 8million, so offload one of their players but who?

Iv got that feeling too, seeing as we look likely to get Ryan Taylor i dont think Onuoha will be one of the players to let go, iv got everthing crossed that Man Citeh Throw in Michael Johnson.

Midfield of...

Gutierrez Johnson Nolan Duff

With Butt, Barton and Guthrie in back up for the engine room. Maybe thinking to far ahead i think we'd need cover for both flanks come the summer.

If Gorden was 9 million then I would hate to think what Shay should be worth, espeicially with money bags city infalted prices....

Play the game hughes

You have to remember that Gordon is an awful lot younger then Given though, i think its the age of Shay that is the reason Man Shitty are put off paying too much.

Still though, hes probably got at least another 4 years left in him and is probably the best keeper in the prem so i would have though 8-12 million would be a fair price, especially with the amount of money they have.

cunts.