Geordies vs Makems, the derby!

Venom

Not reallt sticking up for Shola like as I don't rate him anyway but he wasn't even fit! And by that I mean he was nowhere near being fit. I can't believe he played the full match.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were absolutely shit. In saying that I could only watch the first half as I was so bevved up while watching Federer vs. Nadal and alas I couldn't stay awake to see the whole 90 minutes through. By all reports it was quite a decent second half performance... typical. :razz:

Edited by Ken

Taylor had a good game at right back

You fucking what? :razz::icon_lol:<_< I take it you mean apart from at least 3 fuck-ups that nearly lead directly to goals for Sunderland. Absolutely unbelievable comment that like.

I luv you Alexandra :nufc:

What an awfull team full of has-beens and never-will-bes. How you can play a clueless crock like Ameobi for 90 mins and stick with Duff is beyond me. Most of these players would look poor in the Championship as well.

damian duff has absolutely lost it like. a shadow of what he was. jonas was the only player who looked like he could make something happen while on the ball - shame he had nowt to aim at in the middle

Anybody who sees yesterdays performance as anything other than the woeful death throws of a team in terminal decline is deluding themselves. If we have to play shola up front for any length of time we are going down. His miss at the end sums the idiot up he is completely inadequate for top flight football. But then again so is our board and manager.

Anybody who sees yesterdays performance as anything other than the woeful death throws of a team in terminal decline is deluding themselves. If we have to play shola up front for any length of time we are going down. His miss at the end sums the idiot up he is completely inadequate for top flight football. But then again so is our board and manager.

aye. :razz:

I can't believe I've read reports in the media and reviews on N-O descibing it as an good, exciting match. Call me a purist but the fact that two teams give the ball to each other with criminal frequency because of the complete inability to find a team mate does not qualify as in anyway good in my view.

I'd also say Shola's miss after about 20 mins from the cut back cross would be an instantly sackable offence in my world.

I can't believe I've read reports in the media and reviews on N-O descibing it as an good, exciting match. Call me a purist but the fact that two teams give the ball to each other with criminal frequency because of the complete inability to find a team mate does not qualify as in anyway good in my view.

I'd also say Shola's miss after about 20 mins from the cut back cross would be an instantly sackable offence in my world.

He completely scuffed it but it wasn't that easy a chance to be fair. I don't know why Taylor didn't get to the byline before pulling it back. There was nothing to stop him. Apart from his brain.

Thought Bassong was a class apart from everyone on that pitch, Enrique had a very good game and Jonas ran his heart out and caused them problems with his running throughout. But first half i don't think many of the others offered anything, though Carroll to be fair did well with what he had, second half we stepped up a gear and should have won it.

Shola was by and large a disgrace, lumbering about, geting caught offside and sitting on his arse while the game continued on more than one occasion. He also would have had another 3 or 4 clear chances if it didn't take him so long to get a shot out. Yet he showed a hell of alot of balls to take a penalty in a derby with all the importance that entails and the added pressure of relegation battles and he deserves credit for that, but he shouldn't be in the team.

As for Kinnear, those 2 strikers together and Shola at all wasn't a good idea, and playign Duff on the right is a waste of time, he barely performs on the left where he belongs. Everytime Taylor looked to get it wide he'd find Duff tucked inside.

And Duff missed that sitter that should have won it, luckilly later on Chopra decided instead of an easy finish or an even easier pass to Jones to win it for them, he'd hoof the ball past the despairing Jones! Didn't hear the mackems singing "chopra's one of us" after that!

All in all another missed chance to beat another piss poor side at St James, we now have to Beat West Brom no question.

Why don't we play Guti on the right, he can't cross with his left anyway?

Thought Bassong was a class apart from everyone on that pitch, Enrique had a very good game and Jonas ran his heart out and caused them problems with his running throughout. But first half i don't think many of the others offered anything, though Carroll to be fair did well with what he had, second half we stepped up a gear and should have won it.

Shola was by and large a disgrace, lumbering about, geting caught offside and sitting on his arse while the game continued on more than one occasion. He also would have had another 3 or 4 clear chances if it didn't take him so long to get a shot out. Yet he showed a hell of alot of balls to take a penalty in a derby with all the importance that entails and the added pressure of relegation battles and he deserves credit for that, but he shouldn't be in the team.

As for Kinnear, those 2 strikers together and Shola at all wasn't a good idea, and playign Duff on the right is a waste of time, he barely performs on the left where he belongs. Everytime Taylor looked to get it wide he'd find Duff tucked inside.

And Duff missed that sitter that should have won it, luckilly later on Chopra decided instead of an easy finish or an even easier pass to Jones to win it for them, he'd hoof the ball past the despairing Jones! Didn't hear the mackems singing "chopra's one of us" after that!

All in all another missed chance to beat another piss poor side at St James, we now have to Beat West Brom no question.

Maybe it's the language thing? Maybe Kinnear reckons playing the two Spanish speaking players on the same side is beneficial?? Who knows. Jonas ran his heart out and did some great things with the ball, EXCEPT the passing/crossing into the box.

Maybe it's the language thing? Maybe Kinnear reckons playing the two Spanish speaking players on the same side is beneficial?? Who knows. Jonas ran his heart out and did some great things with the ball, EXCEPT the passing/crossing into the box.

That makes the good things (attacking-wise) a complete waste of time however :razz:

I think you might be onto something though.

Bassong, Enrique and Jonas impressed.

Nolan and Lovenkrands (his accent is class too :nufc:) looked canny enough too.

Was bricking it when Richardson stepped for that free kick like, and didn't expect Shola to score a penalty as good as that. Ever.