Interesting look at Souness track record

LeazesMag

Neil

Interesting that you see Owen as a replacement for Bellamy. At the price of Owen, and the age of Shearer, I think that money would have been better spent on a replacement for Shearer.

It's also interesting that you see mouthing off to the media, but playing your guts out on the pitch, as worse than keeping quiet off the pitch but doing nowt on it.

Neil

Interesting that you see Owen as a replacement for Bellamy. At the price of Owen, and the age of Shearer, I think that money would have been better spent on a replacement for Shearer.

It's also interesting that you see mouthing off to the media, but playing your guts out on the pitch, as worse than keeping quiet off the pitch but doing nowt on it.

48345[/snapback]

Fair point about Owen being Shearers replacement. In some ways he is. In the Martin jol - big one /small one way he is Bellamys. But we both know what we mean.

Bellamy was one of my favourite players. My club, your club ,however, is more important than any player and any manager.

Well, I like players with pace. (something we have lots of in the current squad and none of tomorrow) Robert, Dyer and Bellamy had/have it and were fantastic ot watch. Loved them.

It was the Norwich match that did it with Bellamy. As an aside, i would have got rid of Dyer and Robert as well.

You, me, LM have been going to matches for a combined century.

Thgat summer and the previous season i saw well paid individuals who had been managed in the sense that they were given the freedom to get on with their lives by SBR. they threw it back in his face. He should have gone but he didnt deserve that.

I dont like Souness but I know he saw through Bellamy.

i had this same conversation with my dad. He simply said. You havent liked a player as much since Tommy Craig. What changed?

In the last 30 years we have got used to tolerating good players who think we should appreciate their quirks.

Personally, I want more now. they ground me down.

I am sick to the back teeth in the last few years of reading about tossers like CB running to the media when they dont like something. Dyer pissing up walls. Robert moaning.

this isnt about Souness. He needs shifting now he has done his job.

We have a club that is bigger than players like Dyer, Bellamy, Bowyer (although he has kept his nose cleanish)

We needed to act it. This summer we started to look like it.

We all get worked up about it all but in short. They werent doing enough in terms of professionalism. They werent good enough as players for me to fawn over them.

I want more.

I certainly want more than Graeme Souness but some fucker had to get their hands dirty.

Might as well be someone it is easy to dislike.

I've no problem with a manager being strong and standing up to players, moving them on if they aren't professional enough. The principle is sound and I wouldn't argue with it.

However, a good manager moves players on at the right time, he does it having already brought in suitable replacements and without having eroded the market value of the players he's shifting. He moves them on for the benefit of the club, not for the benefit of his reputation as a hard man, and his ego.

The only person who thinks they're more important than the club is Souness.

I've no problem with a manager being strong and standing up to players, moving them on if they aren't professional enough. The principle is sound and I wouldn't argue with it.

However, a good manager moves players on at the right time, he does it having already brought in suitable replacements and without having eroded the market value of the players he's shifting. He moves them on for the benefit of the club, not for the benefit of his reputation as a hard man, and his ego. 

The only person who thinks they're more important than the club is Souness.

48416[/snapback]

At the club at present you might be right. Although the likes of Dyer and Robert are still here. Good players but we should be bigger than them. We should be in the market for better.

As for replacements? Well the transfer window fucked that one up I'm afraid. They are here now though. the next manager doesnt have to go through this shite. Better that a bloke like Souness- who is easy to dislike - did it all.

No worries at all about appeasing world class players who are one offs. Cantona, Gazza in his prime, Ronaldihno etc. But this lot arent good enough for the likes of you, me, LM to fawn over and think we should be grateful.

We have done a long enough shift at SJP watching shite to know we have become bigger than that.

You and LM both point out that some players need 'managing' and I accept that. However, Bobby gave them every chance and thta Norwich game and the week preceding it did it for me. Bellamys behaviour and Dyers that week was something I thought

"we cant afford to get rid of good players" stick up for them.

That was my first reaction.

My heart said. Fuck them. I wouldnt do that to the club. would you?

I just got fed up of trailing around the country for the 30th year or whatever it is to feel grateful for players who dont deserve it. On the field is fine. I want BOTH. Players who do it on AND off.

Parker (who is a lot better than i thought), Emre,Owen seem to fit that bill. Shame the manager isnt good enough to get the best out of them.

there will be change soo enough. I hope it ISNT Alan Shearer.

I could see there was a problem (we were finishing 4th, 3rd & 5th), so get Souness in to sort it out and finish 14th , job done!

48434[/snapback]

|Thats a lazy way of looking at it. Takes no account of what we looked like in August:

Woodgate gone and no defence for months.

Speed gone

Solano gone

Robert playing like a twat

Bellamy acting like a tit

Dyer being a tit

Bowyer being useless, slow and mediocre at best

Shearer being slower and slower and no service

the manager buying the wrong players - SBR

Yeah we looked a real quality outfit on and off the field.

I could see there was a problem (we were finishing 4th, 3rd & 5th), so get Souness in to sort it out and finish 14th , job done!

48434[/snapback]

|Thats a lazy way of looking at it. Takes no account of what we looked like in August:

Speed gone

Solano gone

Dyer being a tit

48437[/snapback]

Your second post Bez, and it's pathetic. I could go into details, but why bother?

Oh yeah, Boumsong, Babyaro, Faye, Moore........

48434[/snapback]

Speed gone

Solano gone

Dyer being a tit

48437[/snapback]

Your second post Bez, and it's pathetic. I could go into details, but why bother?

48440[/snapback]

Not a great beleiver in FACT then Renton?

Try to be sensible and objecive and you might sound intelligent. Tell people which of the obove are incorrect.

I mentioned in the post that it was PRE-Souness (that means before)

As for Boumsong. Hes a very good player. If you saw Aaron Hughes get murdered off Camara last night and others the weeks prior to us playing you would see he did a good job last week. the games before he was fine.

Basically he dropped two clangers against Man Utd. So what? Try to make your own mind up Renton. Dont just listen to SKY..

...and READ posts before you spout SHITE

It amazes me that some people can be so fucking THICK. This bloke spouts about the manager but obviously he cant even READ. That hardly gives you the right does it? AUGUST? Who was manager then shit for brains?

:nufc:

Thank you. Today I hope we win. Off to the match now. I appreciate you READING my tetchy reply.

It happens when you have gone to these matches in the past and seen Gary Rowell score 3, Jim Pearson miss a penalty, Marco Gabbiadini score at the Gallowgate etc.

For those wishing us to lose. YOURE NOT FANS.

Yours (feeling wound up as I do on proper derby day)

Neil

Edited by bez

48434[/snapback]

Speed gone

Solano gone

Dyer being a tit

48437[/snapback]

48440[/snapback]

Not a great beleiver in FACT then Renton?

Try to be sensible and objecive and you might sound intelligent. Tell people which of the obove are incorrect.

I mentioned in the post that it was PRE-Souness (that means before)

As for Boumsong. Hes a very good player. If you saw Aaron Hughes get murdered off Camara last night and others the weeks prior to us playing you would see he did a good job last week. the games before he was fine.

Basically he dropped two clangers against Man Utd. So what? Try to make your own mind up Renton. Dont just listen to SKY..

...and READ posts before you spout SHITE

It amazes me that some people can be so fucking THICK. This bloke spouts about the manager but obviously he cant even READ. That hardly gives you the right does it? AUGUST? Who was manager then shit for brains?

:nufc:

Thank you. Today I hope we win. Off to the match now. I appreciate you READING my tetchy reply.

It happens when you have gone to these matches in the past and seen Gary Rowell score 3, Jim Pearson miss a penalty, Marco Gabbiadini score at the Gallowgate etc.

For those wishing us to lose. YOURE NOT FANS.

Yours (feeling wound up as I do on proper derby day)

Neil

48449[/snapback]

I wrote my admittedly fairly rude reply quite late at night after a few stellas - what's your excuse Neil? And how many accounts do you actually have? :(

I'm off to the match to now and want us to win. But because I live in reality land, I also want this fucking awful manager to leave by any means possible. Maybe he can shack up with you. You deserve each other.

48440[/snapback]

I love the way Moore keeps getting judged when he's not even played for us yet... :nufc:

48440[/snapback]

I love the way Moore keeps getting judged when he's not even played for us yet... :nufc:

48461[/snapback]

He probably won't even get a game. Which would make him a fantastic signing, wouldn't it? Or a complete waste of money.

48440[/snapback]

I love the way Moore keeps getting judged when he's not even played for us yet... :(

48461[/snapback]

I love the way Moore keeps getting injured and is not even going to play for us ever... :nufc:

48440[/snapback]

I love the way Moore keeps getting judged when he's not even played for us yet... :(

48461[/snapback]

He probably won't even get a game. Which would make him a fantastic signing, wouldn't it? Or a complete waste of money.

48464[/snapback]

But you're judging him on what you think's going to happen, NOT what he's actually done.

Baba & Faye are not good enough - totally agree but then neither was Fumaca, Bassedas, Cort or Quinn.... Are we going to blame them on Souness as well? :nufc:

Boumsong has had a bad patch IMO - last season he showed promise although he is not a patch on Woodgate but then I doubt we'd get as good again so easily.

48440[/snapback]

48461[/snapback]

48464[/snapback]

But you're judging him on what you think's going to happen, NOT what he's actually done.

Baba & Faye are not good enough - totally agree but then neither was Fumaca, Bassedas, Cort or Quinn.... Are we going to blame them on Souness as well? :nufc:

Boumsong has had a bad patch IMO - last season he showed promise although he is not a patch on Woodgate but then I doubt we'd get as good again so easily.

48469[/snapback]

Fully agree. We'll never get as good as Woodgate but i can't help feeling he'll be back