Other games

Park Life

Made me chuckle last night. The saviour Stevie Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee came on last night and was SHEEEEIIIIIITE.

I feel a bit sorry for Carroll. There wasnt one decent ball played to him in the second half at all. It was a combination of Enrique & Downing constantly running into dead ends.

SHIT!

Shame he came on against us and played like a world class midfielder really.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who gives a bollock about Sunderland? They'll amount to fuck all because they're only bothered about us.

But Rhys doesn't agree! Even though his posts on here say otherwise.

As does the fact he'll be at our match tonight.

Quick check, how many on here would go on a sunderland match that wasn't the derby?

They're welcome to a run of form. Every other aspect of the club is regressive from transfer policy to their manager

It's one of those things where, if you think about it, Sunderland are badly positioned in the modern game. Pretty much every Prem footballer is now a millionaire, and in Sunderland's case given the premiums they pay, several will be multi-millionaires, yet despite that they have to spend their lives based around Sunderland. Professional football is also a career where you're left with a lot of free time, which means a lot of time consciously 'spent' in Sunderland. Most millionaires absolutely 100% wouldn't chose to do that, but in their case they have to. Not that I feel sorry for them as such because footballers are a bit of a different breed that wouldn't be millionaires in any other walk of life, but the fact of the matter is anyone with that much cash would probably get resentful of having to be anchored in Sunderland like they do. Then of course you've got the black players who, as well as probably not liking living there to start with for exactly the same reasons as their white colleagues, also have to put up with their families being racially abused.

The Toon and indeed anywhere out of London (even Man U) suffers to a degree because young, undeserving millionaires all want to be around the distractions of the capital as a preference, but Sunderland is probably the extreme example of where you absolutely wouldn't want to be with that time/money on your hands. I think that's their biggest issue, players there that really would rather be anywhere else.

I know a few of them choose to live in Newcastle like as you say, but that sort of supports my point. Ideally as a footballer you have pride in your club. Living in your closest rival's city can only add to the inferiority/resentment towards your own employer iyam. Psychologically, it's the same as any other depressing drive into work.

I know a few of them choose to live in Newcastle like as you say, but that sort of supports my point. Ideally as a footballer you have pride in your club. Living in your closest rival's city can only add to the inferiority/resentment towards your own employer iyam. Psychologically, it's the same as any other depressing drive into work.

:lol:

5 January 2012Last updated at 16:25