Other games

Park Life

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might honestly put a complaint in against ITV. Their bias and complete ignorance toward an issue that needed to, at least, be highlighted in the wider context of the match, and the game was a disgrace. How Liverpool's cup runs are being portrayed as a brilliant return to greatness in the media is a shocking piece of journalism and may as well be a work of fiction.

For someone who hadn't seen the racism that used to be at the matches years ago, watching that today was terrible, made worse by ITV's complete ignorance of it. Now, you've got Gerrard giving "credit to the fans" and legitimising the monkey noises and young kids abusing Evra because he sees his elders and role models saying that everyone else is wrong in this scenario. This feels like some kind of horrifying What if? scenario brought to life.

A lot of respect to Evra for remaining dignified, even in his mistake at the end. Hell sight better than that little prick celebrating in the stands will ever be.

For someone who hadn't seen the racism that used to be at the matches years ago, watching that today was terrible, made worse by ITV's complete ignorance of it. Now, you've got Gerrard giving "credit to the fans" and legitimising the monkey noises and young kids abusing Evra because he sees his elders and role models saying that everyone else is wrong in this scenario. This feels like some kind of horrifying What if? scenario brought to life.

A lot of respect to Evra for remaining dignified, even in his mistake at the end. Hell sight better than that little prick celebrating in the stands will ever be.

Pretty much sums me up word for word mate, couldn't have put it better

Club in decline hires club "hero" with outdated transfer policies and tactics who rides wave of popular opinion simply for nostalgia sake. Brings vilified characters in the game together with excessive price tags, fumbles in league, declines in important competitions and reaches fever pitch with racist remarks toward a fellow player. Because of manager and club's standing in the media (through the media being littered with ex-pros of the club from top to bottom), attention is instead spun towards the slightest of victories in cup competitions to distract away from poor league standing and regressive policies on progressive issues in sport and society. Because of media favouritism, we are treated to a sickening 45 second slow motion shot of racist, knuckle dragging fans celebrating the team of wife-beaters, drunks, racists and disrespectful players with added shots of racist perpetrator in adulation as mass media fawns over the victory, hypothesising that the messiah could win a cup to detract from the decline of a once successful and respected club.

It surely can't be real, it's all too well written to be real.

First time I can ever remember watching Liverpool play Man U and not being absolutely desperate for Liverpool to win. Genuinely didn't care who went through. I simply don't have the energy to detest a club more than Man U, but Liverpool this season are going some way to cement themselves as the biggest cunts in English football. Enrique error and another Carroll blank the highlights for me.

First time I can ever remember watching Liverpool play Man U and not being absolutely desperate for Liverpool to win. Genuinely didn't care who went through. I simply don't have the energy to detest a club more than Man U, but Liverpool this season are going some way to cement themselves as the biggest cunts in English football. Enrique error and another Carroll blank the highlights for me.

I thought Carroll played well today to be fair. Made the whole ordeal all the more sickening. Man Utd were very poor though.

I thought Carroll played well today to be fair. Made the whole ordeal all the more sickening. Man Utd were very poor though.

Carroll played well and his header off the bar was frankly Herculean given that the cross was over hit. I'm not knocking his performance at all, I'm just glad he didn't score, because that's basically all he's there to do, particularly on the rare occasions when they are adapting their game to suit him, as was the case today. Enrique at fault for Man U's goal was nice to see too.

Dalglish again making excuses for Carroll's piss poor form so far, 'No disrespect to Newcastle but they played a different way'.

If you're not going to put the ball on Carroll's head then of course you're going to limit his effectiveness.

Racist gesture claims at Liverpool-Manchester Utd game investigated

Claims a fan made a racist gesture during an FA Cup tie between Liverpool and Manchester Utd are being investigated by police.

Merseyside officers are reviewing footage of the match which was shown on ITV.

A spokeswoman said the investigation into the image was in its early stages.

Before the game, Ch Supt Jon Ward had said "any inappropriate remarks and behaviour will be acted upon".

Edited by ewerk

Guest CabayeAye

Glad Man United are out.

Every team left in now are beatable.

1. We howked Manure 3-0.

2. At the expense of the racist, muderers? Really?!

Glad Man United are out.

Every team left in now are beatable.

we lost 3-1 to liverpool and beat man u 3-0 in the last month or so

theres no one Id think we "couldnt" beat this season

Dalglish again making excuses for Carroll's piss poor form so far, 'No disrespect to Newcastle but they played a different way'.

If you're not going to put the ball on Carroll's head then of course you're going to limit his effectiveness.

A way that thumped Liverpool 3-1 the fucking ball bag.

I can't stand anything to do with Liverpool FC or Dogleish now tbh, they're the biggest disgrace in world football at the moment yet the media seems to be turning a blind eye too it. Imagine if Clubs like us were acting the way they are now, we'd get torn to shreds in the media.

Have you not got some walls to go push on someone? or maybe go and have a laugh at a plane crash from the 1950's, or some hubcaps to steal? or even go and blame to police/media/illuminati for something? you must be really bored if you've exhausted all your lots usual choices.